Husker Baseball

In my opinion and thats all it is Anderson has to go and the sooner the better. We are sitting at below 500 baseball and in all likelyhood we will lose all but one series that is left and hell who knows Southeast Missouri State may beat us. I am sick of Anderson Baseball :facepalm:. I say go get a young guy who can recruit some kids who have a desire to win and whos ego's are not so fagile. This is a result of the coach!

I agree with everything you've said. I was all for giving him a chance at the beginning of the year. Guess what, he got his chance and failed miserably. The only thing I'll say is that he does seem to recruit fairly well - there is definitely young talent on this team - but he obviously can't win games. I don't even get mad anymore, I just laugh when they blow it... IMO, when the fans start thinking that way, it's time for a change.

I agree with everything you've said. I was all for giving him a chance at the beginning of the year. Guess what, he got his chance and failed miserably. The only thing I'll say is that he does seem to recruit fairly well - there is definitely young talent on this team - but he obviously can't win games. I don't even get mad anymore, I just laugh when they blow it... IMO, when the fans start thinking that way, it's time for a change.

They've regressed. Losing a 1-run game to Rice in the first couple weeks of the season is OK, provided the team learns something from it and comes back and takes care of business in the latter part of the season against the weaker competition. So what does Nebraska do? Loses to Iowa. That's bullcrap. Mike Anderson should not be allowed to finish the season after tonight's pitiful display.

They've regressed. Losing a 1-run game to Rice in the first couple weeks of the season is OK, provided the team learns something from it and comes back and takes care of business in the latter part of the season against the weaker competition. So what does Nebraska do? Loses to Iowa. That's bullcrap. Mike Anderson should not be allowed to finish the season after tonight's pitiful display.

Yep - NU is a certain addition to the Big 11 now.

Iowa is in 9th place (out of 10 teams, Wisconsin doesn't believe in baseball except in that den of iniquity called "Milwaukee"), so that gives you an indication of where Mike Anderson would have NU in that conference :facepalm:

Baseball is a crazy sport. Literally any team (given said team is hot at that time) can beat anyone at any given time. One game in one season doesn't mean anything in and of itself. However, when you consider the overall product as a whole that Anderson has produced...the loss to Iowa is another notch in the belt of those that believe he is incapable of leading this Nebraska baseball program...and just another point on the graph of the program's overall downward trend.

Nebraska shouldn't lose to Iowa. Nebraska shouldn't lose to Creighton (an inferior conference foe) 2 - maybe 3 - games in a season (yet to be determined). Nebraska shouldn't have to say, "Hey! At least we won ONE series against Houston Baptist!!!" Where do the excuses end? As soon as we accept sub .500 baseball? It's already almost safe to assume we will finish below .500 - for the second consecutive season.

The excuses abound:

"We were raided by the draft."

"We're plagued by injury."

"They were a good team; credit to them."

"We're young."

Unsportsmanlike Conduct can kiss my tookus. That horde of knuckle-dragging clownshoes can continue to attempt to alienate the dissenters. Apparently we're dissenters...according to the B-Team.

If one questions leadership, i.e., Anderson - well, I guess we're just a bunch of cynical bastards. Either way, if anyone doesn't see a trend AND a problem...then they don't watch, follow, and attend Nebraska baseball games.

Havoc? Where are you, buddy?

• Fire 1

Unsportsmanlike Conduct can kiss my tookus. That horde of knuckle-dragging clownshoes can continue to attempt to alienate the dissenters. Apparently we're dissenters...according to the B-Team.

If one questions leadership, i.e., Anderson - well, I guess we're just a bunch of cynical bastards. Either way, if anyone doesn't see a trend AND a problem...then they don't watch, follow, and attend Nebraska baseball games.

I don't listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct, so I don't know what the context of their comments were and I don't care to listen to the podcast to find out but IF they think that we're some sort of minority opinion, I don't know what they're smoking. The fact is, hardly anybody's attending Nebraska baseball games anymore, so there's exhibit A.

moe, the reality is what the guys from Unsportsmanlike Conduct are saying is 100% spot on accurate. NU Baseball stinks and that's all they are saying. Nothing more - nothing less.

Perhaps...my crappy car radio doesn't go past the 1600s - thus, I'm unable to listen. I was just referring to them for using one of my posts for their "Webposting of the Day." It seemed to me that they thought I was some kinda bitter old man, read in the voice of my idol...Hans Moleman.

simpHansMolemanGallery.jpg

moe, the reality is what the guys from Unsportsmanlike Conduct are saying is 100% spot on accurate. NU Baseball stinks and that's all they are saying. Nothing more - nothing less.

Perhaps...my crappy car radio doesn't go past the 1600s - thus, I'm unable to listen. I was just referring to them for using one of my posts for their "Webposting of the Day." It seemed to me that they thought I was some kinda bitter old man, read in the voice of my idol...Hans Moleman.

simpHansMolemanGallery.jpg

They do that with a lot of posts and actually they make them pretty funny. They see the meaning but are also making fun of us that post on these type of boards. It's all good.

After the Iowa game I told myself that I was done listening/watching the Husker baseball team this season. Today I am wondering will they finally win a big12 series against Texas A&M? I guess I will have to tune in again starting tonight. Am I just glutton for punishment or a "good" fan?

After the Iowa game I told myself that I was done listening/watching the Husker baseball team this season. Today I am wondering will they finally win a big12 series against Texas A&M? I guess I will have to tune in again starting tonight. Am I just glutton for punishment or a "good" fan?

I am watching I guess I am always hopeful but once again more of the same crap. Top of the 4th and 3 zip AM

• 2 weeks later...

Iowa is in 9th place (out of 10 teams, Wisconsin doesn't believe in baseball except in that den of iniquity called "Milwaukee"), so that gives you an indication of where Mike Anderson would have NU in that conference :facepalm:

Baseball is a crazy sport. Literally any team (given said team is hot at that time) can beat anyone at any given time. One game in one season doesn't mean anything in and of itself. However, when you consider the overall product as a whole that Anderson has produced...the loss to Iowa is another notch in the belt of those that believe he is incapable of leading this Nebraska baseball program...and just another point on the graph of the program's overall downward trend.

Nebraska shouldn't lose to Iowa. Nebraska shouldn't lose to Creighton (an inferior conference foe) 2 - maybe 3 - games in a season (yet to be determined). Nebraska shouldn't have to say, "Hey! At least we won ONE series against Houston Baptist!!!" Where do the excuses end? As soon as we accept sub .500 baseball? It's already almost safe to assume we will finish below .500 - for the second consecutive season.

The excuses abound:

"We were raided by the draft."

"We're plagued by injury."

"They were a good team; credit to them."

"We're young."

Havoc? Where are you, buddy?

Right here, Moe. Sorry, got a little caught up in "real life" (if there is such a thing) over the past month.. Very busy with work, school, life, etc haven't even been on huskerboard once. I've paid a little attention with what free time i've had to the baseball team and yes, it's pathetic. And while i've been probably the biggest "supporter" on here for Anderson, I agree with you. It's time for a change. I understand TO says Anderson is coming back, I understand everything took a turn for the worse this year when we lost Scheffert and Nesseth, and they are relatively young, especially on the pitching staff. However, we were NOT raided by the draft this past year, we have the talent on the team to compete. There is no reason that we haven't won one god damn series in conference play this year.. Hell, the way we played Texas earlier this year, the way we played UCLA, now to come down and have this? PATHETIC. I said last year, Anderson deserved this year, I still believe that. However, I don't think he deserves next year. I know he'll be back, and hopefully something changes.. I'll still be here next spring same way i was this one (hopefully school is a little calmer, also) and be supporting the team, anderson included. However, there are good coaches out there that we don't want to let go elsewhere.. Now that school's out and work has switched to a different, easier, schedule, i'm gonna take some time and research into potential coaches if we were to somehow fire Anderson.. We'll see.....

...go get a young guy who can recruit some kids who have a desire to win and whos ego's are not so fagile...

I don't quite get the "young have no ego" equation. Since when? Since when does trying to carve out a name for one's self, driving hard and seeking the right mix by some "young guy" absolve him from any ego? If anything, I think a tried-and-true vet with have a far-less fRagile ego. And the ability to spot and dissect "kids who have a desire to win" - is this easy to do? Only for some "young" coach though? Really? That's REALLY a function of youth, not experience?

I just don't get your opening arguments. They seem poorly reasoned. If you want a young replacement, fine. But claiming HE will have the experience to spot, discover and recruit winners - how's that? He's the only one with the lucky coin that, when flipped, always comes up with winners? I mean, that could be - maybe he's discovered a genie's bottle during some Spring Break beach trip? But your claims of finding a non-ego and great-talent-spotter sure sounds like "great, long-time experience" factors to me.