CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

Don't think there's much video, he's very raw. Started playing in high school, just started playing corner this past year, didn't start right away as he was learning the position.

"This was his first year playing corner, and all of a sudden he just blossomed," Melson said. "I kept kicking the secondary coach in the tail, 'why isn't Mitchell starting, why isn't Mitchell starting', and he said he's still struggling to get all the zone concepts and reads down. Finally, our starting cornerback got beat one too many times and Tevin stepped in and did a great job."

Said Tevin: "I've just been working hard. This summer I'm trying to get to as many camps and campuses as I can. I'm looking for a place that is great academic wise, has a great atmosphere, and a place I have a good relationship with the coaches and players."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-school/tag/_/name/tevin-mitchel

Don't think there's much video, he's very raw. Started playing in high school, just started playing corner this past year, didn't start right away as he was learning the position.

"This was his first year playing corner, and all of a sudden he just blossomed," Melson said. "I kept kicking the secondary coach in the tail, 'why isn't Mitchell starting, why isn't Mitchell starting', and he said he's still struggling to get all the zone concepts and reads down. Finally, our starting cornerback got beat one too many times and Tevin stepped in and did a great job."

Said Tevin: "I've just been working hard. This summer I'm trying to get to as many camps and campuses as I can. I'm looking for a place that is great academic wise, has a great atmosphere, and a place I have a good relationship with the coaches and players."

http://espn.go.com/b...e/tevin-mitchel

I guess you could look at his inexperience as a positive. It could mean he hasn't developed any bad habits yet in terms of fundamentals and technique. Pelini and Sanders will break him in properly without too much worries of him being set in his ways.

WOW! Now that's a top corner...#6 rated by Rivals. This is a huge, huge get...

On the other hand, there was a 4-star (albeit lower rated) corner who committed really early last year, without visiting...each situation is different though, so there's no reason to believe history will repeat itself. It was the staff that cooled on Anterio Sloan too, anyway.

I'm surprised by this...SWEET. Guy had 18 offers! Texas isn't one of them though.

That's a great point, Zoogies. That is the first thing I thought of when I heard on 1620 that Tevin had committed. The weird thing is, Sloan said he too was "100% committed to NU," and we all know how he worked out. I have a feeling, though, that our staff will not want to turn away Tevin. Also, I get the feeling that Sloan was a bit of an overrated four star who's stock dropped throughout his senior season, as opposed to Tevin, who should flourish.

In fact, I did some checking. I knew Sloan committed to Kentucky after we turned him away, but he was not listed on their 2010 commit page, and when I looked up his profile from last year, he was not listed as committed anywhere, on either sight. What the hell happened to Anterio Sloan? Kind of funny.

One weird thing I noticed was that Scout lists Tevin's commit date as 6/1/10 (yesterday). Again, Scout gives us a reason to :facepalm: . Anyway, great to have another defensive weapon for Pelinis to mould. GBR!!! :restore

its really great about the kid who just started playing Corner and here he is as one of the top 110 players in the country :hellloooo :hellloooo :hellloooo :hellloooo

dude your epic!!!!

wow thats a lot of talent you have going on here and i think he realizes that BO and CO will take a raw with talent player and mold him to a sold NFL lock......

good job guys

:koolaid2:

On the other hand, there was a 4-star (albeit lower rated) corner who committed really early last year, without visiting...each situation is different though, so there's no reason to believe history will repeat itself. It was the staff that cooled on Anterio Sloan too, anyway.

I'm surprised by this...SWEET. Guy had 18 offers! Texas isn't one of them though.

That's a great point, Zoogies. That is the first thing I thought of when I heard on 1620 that Tevin had committed. The weird thing is, Sloan said he too was "100% committed to NU," and we all know how he worked out. I have a feeling, though, that our staff will not want to turn away Tevin. Also, I get the feeling that Sloan was a bit of an overrated four star who's stock dropped throughout his senior season, as opposed to Tevin, who should flourish.

In fact, I did some checking. I knew Sloan committed to Kentucky after we turned him away, but he was not listed on their 2010 commit page, and when I looked up his profile from last year, he was not listed as committed anywhere, on either sight. What the hell happened to Anterio Sloan? Kind of funny.

One weird thing I noticed was that Scout lists Tevin's commit date as 6/1/10 (yesterday). Again, Scout gives us a reason to :facepalm: . Anyway, great to have another defensive weapon for Pelinis to mould. GBR!!! :restore

Rumor has it that Tevin is so fired up about Nebraska he's going after all hus 4* and 5* recruit friends to get them to get on board... Josh Turner is practically bringing his whole team to camp this summer... that's a good sign that he has high respect for us...

Let's dream a bit... if we get Josh Turner, Aaron Green, Cyrus Hobbi, one of the 4* WR, LB Keith Lewis, JUCO LB from Ft. Scott, Wayne Lyons, and some DL like Gerrand Johnson, Jordan Phillips, Todd Barr... we could potentially have 10-15 4* and a 5*... and the good news is that with 9 (well 10 if you count baptist) commits this early on... the staff will be able to focus in more on the positions they have left cuz they'll just need to keep strong relationships with the guys they currently have (instead of trying to build relationships with 20 corners and 20 safeties) etc.

I think that with our 10 commits... you'll see the staff aggressively recruit the other positions... dedicate more time cuz they'll have more time... GO BIG RED!!!!

BIG TIME

bringing the whole team down speaks volumes to me and i think you can look into this in many ways.......

most importantly he's looking out for his guys... you know he MIGHT not make it here but its a great place and a good oppurtunity for some of the other guys

or that he plans on coming here and wants to convince some of his BOYS this is this the PLACE :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance

Rumor has it that Tevin is so fired up about Nebraska he's going after all hus 4* and 5* recruit friends to get them to get on board... Josh Turner is practically bringing his whole team to camp this summer... that's a good sign that he has high respect for us...

Let's dream a bit... if we get Josh Turner, Aaron Green, Cyrus Hobbi, one of the 4* WR, LB Keith Lewis, JUCO LB from Ft. Scott, Wayne Lyons, and some DL like Gerrand Johnson, Jordan Phillips, Todd Barr... we could potentially have 10-15 4* and a 5*... and the good news is that with 9 (well 10 if you count baptist) commits this early on... the staff will be able to focus in more on the positions they have left cuz they'll just need to keep strong relationships with the guys they currently have (instead of trying to build relationships with 20 corners and 20 safeties) etc.

I think that with our 10 commits... you'll see the staff aggressively recruit the other positions... dedicate more time cuz they'll have more time... GO BIG RED!!!!

Baptist counts against 2010. He is taking the one open scholarship we had that is why he is coming in this year. He in no way effects the 2011 class schollie count.