CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

Sorry to have hijacked the thread - but thanks for the info. A saddening list. Is this type of attrition typical for a top-25 program?

it's not typical. everyone loses some, we've lost an extraordinary amount over the last 10 years. of course, for a good portion of the last 10 years, we weren't a top 25 program. we'll always be a name brand school, so it's not hard for us to get kids to look at us early. however, due to on field struggles, coaching changes and the natural recruiting disadvantages we have, it's understandable that so many kids have changed their minds.

however, now that we have a strong coaching staff, stability and consistent success (three straight years of 9+ wins with improvement each season), i don't expect to see nearly as many decommits going forward. there will always be some though. some of it is just the nature of the game and we will always have to fight our location.

Don't forget we have gone through 3 coaches this decade as well. The Cali leaving alone was responsible for Blaine Gabbert, Jonas Grey, Bryce Givens, Dan Hoch, Shaun Mohler, & Doug Rippy all decommiting.

yes, i mentioned coaching changes. also, i disagree about those kids leaving because cally did. most of them were already headed for the exits due to his nightmare of a 2007 season.

To an extent I believe that, but I believe most were considering leaving as soon as there was an uncertainty with the coaching staff. I think essentially we might be saying the same thing, a kid doesn't want to go to a place that's unstable and coaching is one main pillars of stability for a program.

Knowing what we do about Blaine, he probably sticks it to us anyway and goes to Missouri even if we had gone after him again.

It is fun to play a little bit of what if there though.

Blaine called back after Bo got the job and found out that Watson was retained, he was told good luck with his career at Missouri.

We need to be more aggressive next time. Amukamara is gone and we are in need of a good cornerback

what makes you think we weren't aggressive enough? sometimes all the effort in the world cannot overcome factors out of your control, such as location and family. i agree that this was a pretty big hit to the class though.

• 1 month later...

Has he signed yet?

Rivals says he signed his LOI with the Hog farm

Congrats Telvin on signing your potential and future down the dirty, dirty crapper that is the SEC recruiting and Pig Suey

Hopefully he doesnt suffer the same fate as Louisville or Atlanta Falcons players. He has turned his back on his players more than once. Good luck to Tevin.

Just throwing this out there, but maybe we should give Tevin a bit of a break considering the very likely news today that Marvin Sanders isn't on the staff any longer. Depending on the timetable, perhaps someone on the staff notified Tevin of the change and Tevin didn't like that. Not expecting this to be a popular opinion on here, but I think it's a real possibility.

Not sure Callahan leaving alone was responsible for all those guys leaving. Some, for sure. But others, we could have had a fighting chance to keep. Blaine for instance, wanted to come back when Shawn Watson was retained, but we chose to go in a different direction. Pure speculating, but could be part of the reason why they have acted so pettily towards us, but given that, maybe it's best he didn't come through here.

I'm calling bull$*** on this 1. If Blaine Gabbert wanted to recommit, Pelini wouldve taken him.

False. Gabbert wanted back in late but we had already gotten a commitment from another QB (Spano) and Pelini told Gabbert he didn't have a spot for him.