CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

Thx OPH. Good find. I should've known... that's what happens to most kids who Rivals don't list as committed anywhere. However, some just fall off the face of the Earth or drop football. I was afraid that's what happened to David Whitmore. Now he has a Huskerboard profile again :) ... he was one heck of a good looking CB prospect back in the day. However, with our classes consistently filling up with quality DB's now, I wonder whether Bo will take Whitmore with the reduced eligibility.

I find it slightly odd that scout has him a 2* and ESPNU has him a 45 (I'm guessing they haven't evaluated him yet). Now before anyone gives me the "stars don't matter" spiel, I'm just wondering why the big differences? I've never seen someone be a 4* on one site, a 2* on one, and essentially a 0* on another.

Anyone else think that's kinda weird?

I find it slightly odd that scout has him a 2* and ESPNU has him a 45 (I'm guessing they haven't evaluated him yet). Now before anyone gives me the "stars don't matter" spiel, I'm just wondering why the big differences? I've never seen someone be a 4* on one site, a 2* on one, and essentially a 0* on another.

Anyone else think that's kinda weird?

It means he hasn't been evaluated yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Not as polished of a corner as guys like Ciante Evans were last year. But is very agressive both when the ball is in the air, and in run support. This is a GREAT get. A redshirt year with Sanders and he will be a very impressive ball player.

Went from not ranked to #13 on Lone Star Recruiting Top 100.

They say he is the real deal...but was not on Texas' radar when they were looking at DBs.

There loss is our gain.

Also of note...only one prospect on the list is going to a SEC school and none to the BIG 10.

Went from not ranked to #13 on Lone Star Recruiting Top 100.

They say he is the real deal...but was not on Texas' radar when they were looking at DBs.

There loss is our gain.

Also of note...only one prospect on the list is going to a SEC school and none to the BIG 10.

There has to be at least two at the moment in Turner and Mitchell. They know full well that we are going to be a Big Ten school at the beginning of their career. There very well could be one more at the end of the process as well.

Loyyd Carr always recruited Texas fairly decent as well...nothing major but he would pluck a couple out of there every year or so.

The kids from Texas that have committed to us know full well that we are now a Big Ten school. But yet Turner and Mitchell remain committed. :dunno

Maybe Nebraska as a Big Ten school CAN recruit the state of Texas.

Loyyd Carr always recruited Texas fairly decent as well...nothing major but he would pluck a couple out of there every year or so.

The kids from Texas that have committed to us know full well that we are now a Big Ten school. But yet Turner and Mitchell remain committed. :dunno

Maybe Nebraska as a Big Ten school CAN recruit the state of Texas.

I think it's one thing for a player already committed to a school to find out they are moving, than it is to recruit from the start as a Big 12. Not saying we can't, but I do believe it's a different dynamic. The Big 12 was a part of our identity when we first got 'in' with those kids after all, and it won't be going forward.

It's a wait and see but there's certainly reason to be optimistic.