OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

In my opinion, I don't think Peat goes to FSU... I think they are the next to drop off his list. I think he likes academics at Stanford and their recent success... USC's output of Pro linemen and constant NFL QB's... and Nebraska's family connection. None of the others have the family connection. NU has good academics but hands down Stanford wins that category. NU and USC will have the best pipeline of NFL offensive linemen. NU or Stanford will shoot him the straightest. There are really pro's to each of them... it's just going to come down to what his most important factor is. We know he has a good enough relationship with NU that he'd feel comfortable going away from home... especially since his brother and cousin will be there along with some other guys on the team he already knows.

Anyone else think that it's significant that Peat seems to be the only OLine recruit left on the big board (either a reason to hope that he's told the coaches something good or a reason for concern)? I know it's a small class, but I've always thought you want to take a couple of those guys every year.

Anyone else think that it's significant that Peat seems to be the only OLine recruit left on the big board (either a reason to hope that he's told the coaches something good or a reason for concern)? I know it's a small class, but I've always thought you want to take a couple of those guys every year.

My thinking exactly here. Obviously we brought in a couple of good ones last year, but we've only got Thurston right now, which I am really excited about. Not a lot of love to him because he verballed so early, but seems like a good prospect.

I will be shocked if we lose out on this one. But I was shocked that we didn't get Diggs and Fuller isnt locked up yet either.

And I think we all remember the infamous EZ-E Owa prediction. :rolleyes: Just messin. :lol: I agree. I'd be shocked if he doesn't sign with us.

Andrus to NU = Starting LT

My thinking exactly here. Obviously we brought in a couple of good ones last year, but we've only got Thurston right now, which I am really excited about. Not a lot of love to him because he verballed so early, but seems like a good prospect.

Thurston looks great on film and the fact that we pulled him from the State of Colorado makes it all the sweeter. Last year's OLine class was strong but I still hope we take more than Thurston this year. Tyler Moore aside, not very many players step onto the line as true freshmen and make an impact. In a couple of years, our OLine should be very good but I hope we keep building that depth.

The Peat clan seems like a good bunch and they're familiar with the recruiting process. Although Andrus may want to delay his announcement for dramatic effect, I doubt he would leave the coaches at Stanford, FSU, and DONU hanging until February 1. I'm probably reading way too much into things, though.

I will be shocked if we lose out on this one. But I was shocked that we didn't get Diggs and Fuller isnt locked up yet either.

And I think we all remember the infamous EZ-E Owa prediction. :rolleyes: Just messin. :lol: I agree. I'd be shocked if he doesn't sign with us.

I don't think I will ever live that one down! haha.

I don't think I will ever live that one down! haha.

You'll live it down as long as he continues his career on the path he's on. In two years: 3 sacks, 32 tackles. Currently second string behind a guy who's one year older.

But truly, you did blow that prediction. Really bad.

I would love to believe that if Owa would have come to Nebraska, he would be a lot better player right now...

And our D line play would be at least a little better.

I just remember Bo's comments after Owa chose UCLA over us. He was not happy to say the least.

I remember very clearly. His decision, or his mom's, affected our DL to a degree as the decision left a void in Bo's class. Instead of us having a greater level of athleticism, as well as year experienced in Bo's system, we're instead left with, ya know.....

Anyhow its all water under the bridge now.

• Mavric unlocked this topic