OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

Other than Peat getting accepted to Stanford, there hasn't been any news from him in quite a while. Opinions have shifted back and forth with absolutely nothing to go on. Someone takes a shot in the dark on where he's going to end up and it bounces back and forth across the internet echo chamber until starts to have the ring of truth. No one will say anything worth paying attention to until 12:30 tomorrow.

Agree, but I'm hoping da skers will have something for us by 11:30!

You do realize we could have filled out this class a couple of months ago. Right? We could have filled the spots with very good guys that rated well at their respective positions. This year however we decided that we'd feel a few needs but try to focus more on athletes and then we'll find out where they fit best on the field. Most of these guys aren't going to decided until the last day.

Sometimes they'll play the same spot as they did in HS but a fair amount of these guys are going to play different roles in a few years. Its similar to what we did in the 90's. It also makes it a little tougher to get a guy who thinks he should be say a QB when he'd probably play on Sundays as a DB. Or talk a guy who thinks he's an LB into the idea he'd makea better rush end. I like what they did this year. I hope they do it for a few more years as well. Pick up some spots of needs but try to fill out 1/3 to 1/2 of your class with guys who are just ballers willing to sell out for the team.

Do Peat, Curry, Valentine, Shelton, or Ford fall under this category you are talking about? They are deciding late, but not sure they aren't locked into positions on the OL, DT, and CB.

What about Imani Cross, the most recent commit?

Or other guys we are possibly remotely at play here for us, such as Lambert or Beaver?

I can see it for Fuller and Moore, maybe LeRoy Alexander - not sure he totally fits as well, as we tried to get S filled earlier, but didn't.

Aside from Moore and/or Fuller, I can't think of a "LB who should be a RDE" or "QB who should be a DB or WR" like the examples you are describing. Could you be more specific? Otherwise, it's hard to really understand your characterization of what the staff is doing.

Hearing rumblings we're not getting Peat...anyone else hear anything tonight? This is usually when the coaches get the final word from their targets.

Hearing we should wait till morning we will know then

Well duh...but this is a message board, about recruiting.

we have heard it pretty much all there is to hear from all perspectives and points of views that exist......

Hearing rumblings we're not getting Peat...anyone else hear anything tonight? This is usually when the coaches get the final word from their targets.

I've heard the opposite but we will see.

I did too, at an coaches clinic that Beck spoke at tonight. (last night) he apperently stated that Peat is signing with Nebraska. and that it's a done deal...

Another tidbit: Beck's topic of the night was zone read running game. A question about Martinez came up, and Beck said in so many words that TM is still guessing more than reading. That it was an ongoing learning process just like the coaches in the room were going through with their quarterbacks.

I did too, at an coaches clinic that Beck spoke at tonight. (last night) he apperently stated that Peat is signing with Nebraska. and that it's a done deal...

Another tidbit: Beck's topic of the night was zone read running game. A question about Martinez came up, and Beck said in so many words that TM is still guessing more than reading. That it was an ongoing learning process just like the coaches in the room were going through with their quarterbacks.

Great news about AP!

If true about T-Mart then that is discouraging, but not surprising. I've rewatched a few games and it seemed to me that he left a lot of big or positive gains to pass by making the incorrect read.

Considering the fact that Beck saying ANYTHING at all about a commit, let alone commenting about one by name about an unanounced commitment would be a MAJOR Rules violation. I highly doubt that this is legit. That said, I think Peat is N.

• Mavric unlocked this topic