OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

would have been nice to get, but can't say that I blame him. The system is better for an o-lineman, the school is way better, california is nice. All that outweighed Nebraska and his family connections. Born and raised in NE, and an alum, if I had his choice I might do the same thing.

Better buy some new office furniture for South stadium.

What's the story? It sounds like you are saying that the coaches thought he was coming . . . was Peat telling multiple parties what they wanted to hear?

think he was just saying the impending meltdown will quickly turn to "these coaches can't recruit" which will turn into "fire Bo"

Edit: (or fire cottton - which i'm all for :) )

Not trying to meltdown here, but this really hurts the overall look of the class. Peat is a rare talent that doesn't come around often, and when we have his brother on campus, his cousin committed, very solid academics (having produced the most Academic All-Americans in the country), with a solid football team as well....all the advantages, and we STILL can't get the guy? This really hurts the class.

HOWEVER, I am very excited about the guys coming in, but the class as a whole is somewhat disappointing without Peat on board. This is a huge loss.

EDIT: I'll give credit where credit is due, Stanford got a heck of a football player, and I wish all the best for Andrus there, I would've been more frustrated if he had picked FSU or USC, but Stanford is close to home, with great academics and a (for now) very good team. Good luck in Palo Alto!

this class isn't very good.

I hope you're not quitting your day job to become a talent analyst.

It seems that this would be the consensus view among any scouting service or respected recruiting followers, no?

I realize the important thing right now is to stay positive, especially after losing the 2nd ranked Tackle in the nation, but how are you going to savor this class at the moment?

You can say this class could end up being great, but without hindsight, this class does not stack up with the other school's classes.

Again, I realize you're trying to stay positive, so I wouldn't badger you about it.

People who don't think we have a very good class still are living in the moment. I don't think it was the academics here. It was the fact that they have been pumping out solid OTs lately, and furthermore they run a PRO-STYLE offense. That's where the big time OTs go. We have to support his decision because we have his brother and cousin on our team.

• Mavric unlocked this topic