OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

As much as it could help having Todd here in hopes of landing Andrus, I will not be one bit shocked if Andrus goes elsewhere.

Aspeedlin, I don't think he really is the must get I think as we get into the season we will see the deficient areas of the team snd think someone recruited on the defensive side of the ball gets that title. Perhaps a certain DE

As much as it could help having Todd here in hopes of landing Andrus, I will not be one bit shocked if Andrus goes elsewhere.

Aspeedlin, I don't think he really is the must get I think as we get into the season we will see the deficient areas of the team snd think someone recruited on the defensive side of the ball gets that title. Perhaps a certain DE

I would say Peat and McMullen are 1a and 1b for must get.

• 2 weeks later...

Andrus Peat, OT, Tempe (Ariz.) Corona Del Sol: USC

The Trojans have been in hot pursuit of Peat, who has said on the record he will make his own decision and won’t necessarily follow his older brother, Todd Peat, to Nebraska. Peat has not given any hints about where he is leaning, but has had good things to say about the Trojans early and we hear USC feels good, so they are the pick here. You also can’t rule out the Cornhuskers because of the family ties. Texas, Oregon, Florida, Florida State and others could be factors as well, especially the Ducks.

LINK

Orangebloods reports that UT is going after Peat hard. Searels suppose to be to Arizona this or next week.

Some Andrus Peat news y'all will like (updated 11 p.m. with big news) Reply

Exchanged a couple texts with Tempe Corona Del Sol OL Andrus Peat tonight ...

He said he's still very much in communication with the Texas coaches. In fact, UT offensive line coach Stacy Searels emailed him today and Peat is going to try to call Searels tonight.

We'll check with him later tonight or tomorrow to get more details on the conversation (if it happens tonight), but Texas is still very much pursuing this one.

For those wondering why Texas would continue to make a run at him, Peat has expressed in the past that he'd like to get to Austin for a visit. And it doesn't hurt that he's a freaking incredible talent. See for yourself in the videos below.

11 p.m. update - FYI, hearing coach Searels may be in Tempe next week to check on Peat.

This post was edited on 4/13 11:01 PM by Suchomel

Link: Nation's best OL prospect?

• 1 month later...
TEMPE, Ariz. Five-star offensive tackle Andrus Peat doesnt meet many players on the field who can stand up to him. In his back yard, under the watchful eye of his father, its a different matter.

Andrus is one of seven children. His father, Todd, played seven seasons as an offensive guard with the Cardinals and the Raiders in the NFL. His older brother, Todd Jr., is a defensive lineman who will be a freshman at Nebraska next season. His younger brother, Cassius, is a ninth-grader.

In the back yard, Andrus and Todd Jr. go at it. No holds barred.

Continue reading..

TEMPE, Ariz. – Five-star offensive tackle Andrus Peat doesn’t meet many players on the field who can stand up to him. In his back yard, under the watchful eye of his father, it’s a different matter.

Andrus is one of seven children. His father, Todd, played seven seasons as an offensive guard with the Cardinals and the Raiders in the NFL. His older brother, Todd Jr., is a defensive lineman who will be a freshman at Nebraska next season. His younger brother, Cassius, is a ninth-grader.

In the back yard, Andrus and Todd Jr. go at it. No holds barred.

Continue reading..

Sounds like we got a good head start on a solid family. Big ups to the coaches for that.

• 2 weeks later...
One thing Andrus will miss this season is playing with Todd Jr. The two are very close and they were great practice opponents.

"Todd was always a tough guy to block," Andrus said. "Playing against him made the games easier. He has also helped me out a whole bunch. Todd is one of the smartest players I have ever seen. He knows the game so well."

"I have seen Stanford, USC, FSU, Arizona State and Clemson," Andrus said. "I need to get over to Nebraska and see Todd play and check out the atmosphere there. I want to see Notre Dame, Texas and Florida. There are a lot of schools I want to see, but I know I can't see them all. I will try this summer and take my official visits this fall. I want to cut my list down to 8-10 schools when we finish up spring practice in a few weeks."

Nebraska fans would love to see him follow his older brother to Lincoln. So would Todd Jr. But in the end, Todd Jr. wants his younger brother to make his own decision.

"Todd told me to make the best decision for me," Andrus said. "He told me to look at all my options. I would love to play with him again and that would mean following him to Nebraska. But if I don't, he will certainly understand."

Article

Sounding good with Andrus.

One thing Andrus will miss this season is playing with Todd Jr. The two are very close and they were great practice opponents.

"Todd was always a tough guy to block," Andrus said. "Playing against him made the games easier. He has also helped me out a whole bunch. Todd is one of the smartest players I have ever seen. He knows the game so well."

"I have seen Stanford, USC, FSU, Arizona State and Clemson," Andrus said. "I need to get over to Nebraska and see Todd play and check out the atmosphere there. I want to see Notre Dame, Texas and Florida. There are a lot of schools I want to see, but I know I can't see them all. I will try this summer and take my official visits this fall. I want to cut my list down to 8-10 schools when we finish up spring practice in a few weeks."

Nebraska fans would love to see him follow his older brother to Lincoln. So would Todd Jr. But in the end, Todd Jr. wants his younger brother to make his own decision.

"Todd told me to make the best decision for me," Andrus said. "He told me to look at all my options. I would love to play with him again and that would mean following him to Nebraska. But if I don't, he will certainly understand."

Article

Sounding good with Andrus.

Oh Todd, don't start pulling that stuff now.... Force him!

• Mavric unlocked this topic