OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

I'm feelin good about him. Not that that means anything...

EZ-E and myself both believe this is Aaron Green part two...

aspeedlin usually I am right there with ya and EZ about most these kids. However, like you said, it isn't Texas that has me worried it is the schools in the Southeast. Think I may have even thrown that out there on the first page. FSU will be a player as well as one maybe two of the SEC teams. Very easily could be a Westerman exit to the land of the dirty $$$. Not saying it is a dirty situation, it is just never count out a few of those teams.

That being said would love the pickup for NU but in no way do I feel all that well about the outcome.

New Peat quote after his visits to Michigan and ND via ESPN via BlueandGold.com,

"I'm 100 percent sure that Notre Dame will be in it until the end," Peat told Jason Sapp of BlueandGold.com. "The only other school I can say that about right now is Nebraska,"

just wait till he comes and visits.... being stoked about the huskers this much already pretty much means that playing with his bro is very very important to him as he has stated... i think big bro will do all he can to get his bro here as well... its gonna be close but i think we have some very important factors working in our direction obviously

New Peat quote after his visits to Michigan and ND via ESPN via BlueandGold.com,

"I'm 100 percent sure that Notre Dame will be in it until the end," Peat told Jason Sapp of BlueandGold.com. "The only other school I can say that about right now is Nebraska,"

Notre Dame doesnt scare me as much as the Southeast schools (like Paul said) but they still will be a huge test for our coaches to see how their recruiting skills match up against some of the best in the country.

Notre Dame or Nebraska... hmmmm... here's some side by side comparison information.

1. Stadiums

Notre Dame Stadium

Capacity 80,795, built in 1930, Traditional style with simple score boards.

stadium-450w.jpg

Memorial Stadium

Capacity 81,067 (expanding to 92,000 in 2013), built in 1923, NFL style with ribbon boards, large jumbo trons.

memorial1.jpgtn_530x530_east_stadium_expansion_3jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

2. Weight Rooms

Notre Dame Gug, built in 2005, 25,000 sqft fitness center

6-21-10-Football-Weight-Training-11.JPG

Nebraska Strength and Conditioning Center, built in 2006, 30,000 sqft+

MXMUEGCDTLACIMM.20060830225820.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=100

3. Academics

Notre Dame now stands second all-time with 216 Academic All-Americans, trailing only Nebraska's 277. Since 2000, Notre Dame and Nebraska have led the way with 90 selections each.

4. Indoor Football Facilities

Notre Dame Loftus, built in 1988

loftusgeneral.jpg

Nebraska Hawks Championship Centers, built in 2006

4532786502_1a1ffb8f2f.jpg

5. National Championships

Notre Dame - 11, last one in 1988

Nebraska - 5, last one in 1997

6. NFL Draft

Notre Dame - 461 All Time NFL Draft Picks

Nebraska - 347 All Time NFL Draft Picks

• Fire 2

Nebraska 5 titles in the modern era, Notre Lame 3-4 depending what date you start from.

Precisely... we have them beat in most areas. Cold weather is the same and we are actually closer in distance plus his brother is there. CLEARLY... we should have the edge over Notre Dame...

Football wise I agree. If he cares about academics . . . a Notre Dame degree will open doors that a Nebraska degree will not.

Nebraska 5 titles in the modern era, Notre Lame 3-4 depending what date you start from.

Precisely... we have them beat in most areas. Cold weather is the same and we are actually closer in distance plus his brother is there. CLEARLY... we should have the edge over Notre Dame...

Football wise I agree. If he cares about academics . . . a Notre Dame degree will open doors that a Nebraska degree will not.

THIS. Honestly Notre Dame probably laps NU in academics. And walking into a game in South Bend just has that feeling that you don't get in many places, Wrigley Field and Fenway come to mind. They are about the game and are awesome.

As aspeedlin said I fear the Southeast a lot more than ND, but never count them out of anything. Chip Kelly sadly is turning that ship around.

THIS. Honestly Notre Dame probably laps NU in academics. And walking into a game in South Bend just has that feeling that you don't get in many places, Wrigley Field and Fenway come to mind. They are about the game and are awesome.

As aspeedlin said I fear the Southeast a lot more than ND, but never count them out of anything. Chip Kelly sadly is turning that ship around.

They do have better academics, but the love affair with Notre Dame is ridiculous. The feeling you get on campus is subjective. I don't understand how it's Wrigley-esque.

If Notre Dame wasn't a Catholic school it woulnt nearly be as hyped in academics or even as much in athletics (though football would still be considered very historic, but maybe not AS MUCH).

The catholics made it their harvard (partly because many couldn't get into an Ivy League school, partly because they were catholic) and nearly every single one not only adopted the school, but glorified it to a new level. This is partly why they have such a big fanbase and why they have such a sense of "history" and "prestige".

Trust me, I went to catholic high school, and anything related to notre dame is greatly inflated. So that atmosphere on campus, isn't much more than hot gas.

They do have better academics, but the love affair with Notre Dame is ridiculous. The feeling you get on campus is subjective. I don't understand how it's Wrigley-esque.

If Notre Dame wasn't a Catholic school it woulnt nearly be as hyped in academics or even as much in athletics (though football would still be considered very historic, but maybe not AS MUCH).

The catholics made it their harvard (partly because many couldn't get into an Ivy League school, partly because they were catholic) and nearly every single one not only adopted the school, but glorified it to a new level. This is partly why they have such a big fanbase and why they have such a sense of "history" and "prestige".

Trust me, I went to catholic high school, and anything related to notre dame is greatly inflated. So that atmosphere on campus, isn't much more than hot gas.

It is a comment about the beauty of the game being stripped down to it's purist forms. No huge commercial entities with their names smeared everywhere. No huge jumbotron. Just pure sport. I enjoy the modern feel of stadiums and the cool things added year in and year out, but stepping into either of those places just has a different feeling and I love it.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric unlocked this topic