ESPN is kidding - Right?

As I looked through teams that regularly schedule Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday night games they are teams that belong to the ACC, Big East and non BCS conferences. The SEC, BIG 10 and Big 12 do not schedule weekday games. Sure theses teams played during the week: Nebraska, West Virginia, Miami, Utah, Boise State, Colorado, Florida State but it can be argued that they were either striving to get to elite or back to elite status.

I think ESPN is trying make the Thursday Night games equilivent to NFLs Monday Night Football. Which is why I think they are going after the bigger games to move to Thursday Night. I think its a good idea. For a team and recuriting wise you have the whole night to yourself, their is rarely another game to compete with. Last year, when we played Mizzou, every espn show was talking about the game to a degree.

FWIW South Carolina has been Thursday Night alot it seems the last couple years

"Texas should never play on Thursday nights. That's for little programs that need the extra exposure." - Texas fans. (seriously.)

"Doesn't Texas play A&M on Thursday night every year that Thanksgiving is on a Thursday? I guess they need that 'extra exposure' every year..." -The Unsilent Majority

To be honest big programs really dont play on thursday. You cannot compare a Thursday tthanksgiving game against there instate rivals to a conference game during the middle of the season. Texas, FL, Alambama, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, ETC do not play thursday night games. They play on Saturday. The Texas/Texas A&M game is a national game played on ABC not on ESPN 1, 2 or the OCHO.

I understand your point, but I disagree with the "big programs dont play on thursday." I think I remember USC getting punked by Oregon State one year in front of a Thursday night audience on ESPN. Florida State and the rest of the ACC are Thursday night regulars as well. I like the novelty of a Thursday night game, but dislike that I can't get ragingly drunk and not go to work the next day. :) I agree that the Texas-Nebraska game should not be played on a Thursday night. The top matchups should be saved for Saturday. Good matchups that aren't quite top-tiered, like Nebraska-Kansas State, are perfect for Thursday night IMO.

I hear ya, brother!

It kills me to refrain from slamming down 30 beers on Thursday night games. Otherwise they're great!