5 students sent home for wearing American T-Shirts on Cinco de Mayo

What is America turning into where we can't even wear an American t-shirt any day of the year whether its this holiday or just a random day.

This just upsets me and I think this country worrieds about pleasing other countries instead of worring about our own country. Haiti had a earthquake which was devastating and we send all of this food, water, money but yet we have yet Hurricane Katrina destroyed New Orleans and that city is still suffering and it took America a long time to step in a help.

Students sent home for wearing American t-shirts

That's what I was telling you guys about earlier. If you're White and live in California, you can't say or do anything that could be considered remotely offensive, even wearing an American flag t-shirt to school. The principal suspended the kids because he didn't want to piss off the Latino population.

That's what I was telling you guys about earlier. If you're White and live in California, you can't say or do anything that could be considered remotely offensive, even wearing an American flag t-shirt to school. The principal suspended the kids because he didn't want to piss off the Latino population.

The thing that really grinds my gears is that the Latino population hardly even celebrate this in their home country and I'll stop there.

Ain't The land of the free and the home of the brave just grand. Oops my mistake, that was in the REPUBLIC OF CALIFORNIA where I reside. all bets are off. Patriotism is just in season when it is politically appropriate. Heaven forbid, we upset someone's delicate sensibilities.

GBR

Does the central US even consider California a part of the US any more? I mean ideologically I don't think they can get any different from the mainstream mid-western culture. This is a glaring example of misplaced priorities we see all too commonly in California these days. This is our national flag for goodness sakes.

And this Politically Correct crap has got to stop. Let the damn US kids wear their flag shirts and the damn Mexican kids wear their flag shirt. Let them have some pride dammit.

I can understand a faculty's interest in preventing hostilities, and I know teenagers like to stir the proverbial pot. But whoever is starting fights is the problem, not the flag on the shirt. Someone had a post once that kids should just have uniforms, and all this sh@it would no longer be a problem.

This looks like a distractingly peaceful solution to me:

post-6882-12732446661.jpg

(if perhaps slightly unrealistic...)

And now there are concerns of gang violence/retaliation against these kids.

And over 200 hispanic kids skip class on Saturday to march to school district headquarters while chanting we want respect" and "si se puedes" -- "yes we can."

Have a border patrol agent walk up to each of these kids and ask: "Are you an American or are you a Mexican."

Answer #1= "Go back to school, speak English, and get over it."

Answer #2= "Welcome to sunny Tijuana, capital of Mexican drug war violence. You are now deported from the United States and can enjoy all the sites and sounds of your chosen country. Have fun, and no hasta luego."

in related news two americans wearing "huskerboard" t-shirts where spoted protesting across from the Mexican teenagers holding signs that said "USA #1, LOVE it or LEAVE IT" and "I HAVE INS ON SPEED DAIL". It was said that the two men, identified as 'Bradr' & 'fro daddy', were tired of illegals complaining about American laws and citizens and believe that if these kids think Mexico is so great they can go back.

• Fire 1

I live in So Cal, and in all fairness, most (read: all) people that I have spoken to here are just as pissed as everyone else. Even the School district (last I heard) did not support the actions of the principal and asst. principal of this school.

With that being said, I am ticked, and will continue to watch this closely, and hope that someone (IMHO the asst pricipal) loses there job.

mm0

I live in So Cal, and in all fairness, most (read: all) people that I have spoken to here are just as pissed as everyone else. Even the School district (last I heard) did not support the actions of the principal and asst. principal of this school.

With that being said, I am ticked, and will continue to watch this closely, and hope that someone (IMHO the asst pricipal) loses there job.mm0

:yeah

You (we) Gringos make me laugh.

Arizona keeps getting boycotted for trying to protect our borders and public opinion gets swayed to where everybody starts calling us racists.

But I also seem to remember when I was young, not being allowed to wear a shirt my older brother made out of one of our old flags to protest Vietnam..because it was considered "disrespectful to retire a flag that way"...or somethin'

Sorry huskerboard but I have to call :bs: on this discussion. I remember when I was a kid I was sent home from high school IN DEAR OL' NEBRASKA for having the audacity to show up at school with blue hair! :o So pardon me if I don't feel bad for a gang of white kids stirring sh#t up on Cinco de Mayo when they knew damn well they would catch hell for it. Does anyone really expect me to believe these kids where just going about their day quite as can be, and not making little asses of themselves? Sorry but I was a kid once, and I can guarantee you that's not how it went down.

Besides the fact that I don't appreciate some little punks using my flag to promote their misguided xenophobia. Our flag is a symbol of unity, not a tool to be exploited to expound some shallow quasi-nationalist rhetoric that they probably don't even understand. In other words, racism is NOT patriotism. Fight the association all you like but the fact is 99.9% of the "mexicans" these kids are trying to incite are as American as you or me, and most aren't even from Mexico you fools! Get a clue, the U.S.A isn't about one race, one religion, one culture, and it never has been.

And lastly, I would like to try and shed a little historic perspective on the situation if I can. Over a hundred and thirty years or so ago my great, great grandfather came to the U.S. in search of a better life, and can you guess what he had to endure? That's right, gangs of 'patriotic' thugs spiting and cursing at him for being a lazy, dirty alien that had no business coming to their country and taking their jobs. Oh how much difference a century makes! <_<

• Fire 3