In an online chat with the Journal Star, NU Basketball AD Marc Boehm said if the new arena passes, the court will definitely have a new look and even for next year they are considering a logo change at center court. I realize this should probably be the least of their concerns after going 2-14 in conference, but I am thrilled. The "N" is nice and all, but I'm ready for something a little more exciting. After all, it gets hard to watch them lose all the time, so a big, bright, new logo might give me something else to look at and enjoy.

P.S. - if you're a lincolnite, don't forget to vote 'yes' on Tuesday!

Given the fact I don't live in Lincoln I don't care if the arena is voted in because my taxes won't go up to pay for it.

Considering there is no convention center, not enough hotels for NCAA tourney games, and not enough sporting events and concerts to pay this thing off, it is a really bad vote for yes. If Lincolnites think this will increase the tax base - they are fooling themselves. If Lincolnites think their taxes won't go up to pay for this - they are again fooling themselves. If Lincolnites think they can schedule enough sporting events and concerts to pay this thing off - again they are fooling themselves.

Given the fact I don't live in Lincoln I don't care if the arena is voted in because my taxes won't go up to pay for it.

Considering there is no convention center, not enough hotels for NCAA tourney games, and not enough sporting events and concerts to pay this thing off, it is a really bad vote for yes. If Lincolnites think this will increase the tax base - they are fooling themselves. If Lincolnites think their taxes won't go up to pay for this - they are again fooling themselves. If Lincolnites think they can schedule enough sporting events and concerts to pay this thing off - again they are fooling themselves.

and if they vote no and wait to expand the city when a risk-free opportunity presents itself, their city will slowly shrivel and die. i will agree with you about the taxes, at least to an extent.

• Fire 1

and if they vote no and wait to expand the city when a risk-free opportunity presents itself, their city will slowly shrivel and die. i will agree with you about the taxes, at least to an extent.

If you build it, they will come!

If this vote is passed which I hope it does even though I'm not a Lincoln native but it'll bring in concert events and sporting events. There might be a whole lot of sporting events but there sure will be a lot of concert venues to attend too.

Sioux City built the Tyson Event Center and yet its not that big but they've had numerous concerts with big name bands as Kenny Chesney, Nickleback, Creed, Hinder, Chevelle, Three Days Grace, Brad Presley, Aerosmith, Montley Crue, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, etc.

Not only concert events but some sporting events such as WWE Monday Night Raw and Smackdown have come to Sioux City. If they make a stop for Monday Night Raw in Sioux City I'm sure they'll make a stop in Lincoln. There's always a possibility for a UFC fight card to be hosted in Lincoln.

Just my 2 cents

The Embassy Suites has a decent convention center (not gigantic but good sized), and you can always build more hotels...

The Embassy Suites has a decent convention center (not gigantic but good sized), and you can always build more hotels...

Can you? If the town can't occupy the rooms they have now, what companies will come to Lincoln only to have their rooms remain unoccupied for 95% of the year?

Can Lincoln pay for a Hilton or some other top notched chain like Omaha did? Maybe - but most likely not.

I guess since you don't live in Lincoln you wouldn't know that every major concert that does come here (and they do come) pretty much sells out.

I guess since you don't live in Lincoln you wouldn't know that every major concert that does come here (and they do come) pretty much sells out.

Considering there is very little to do in Lincoln other than NU sports, they should sell out. But if you flood the market with too many concerts, they will not all pretty much sell out.

I love the idea, conceptually speaking. But from a pure business perspective it's a really poor idea because it won't get the support it needs to just lose money. Breaking even to making a profit will never happen at a minimum price tag of $355 Million in Lincoln.

Can you? If the town can't occupy the rooms they have now, what companies will come to Lincoln only to have their rooms remain unoccupied for 95% of the year?

Can Lincoln pay for a Hilton or some other top notched chain like Omaha did? Maybe - but most likely not.

Yes Vince, you can. Take Grand Island, my hometown for example. The state fair is coming this next year and hotel chains are flocking here. Why? I have no clue, they will possibly be occupied 2 weeks a year, maybe a few more with state volleyball and such. But there have been at least 3 hotels built within the last year, and still more in progress. Just my 2 cents

Yes Vince, you can. Take Grand Island, my hometown for example. The state fair is coming this next year and hotel chains are flocking here. Why? I have no clue, they will possibly be occupied 2 weeks a year, maybe a few more with state volleyball and such. But there have been at least 3 hotels built within the last year, and still more in progress. Just my 2 cents

But the NCAA doesn't want their teams and representatives staying in hotels of the likes being built in Grand Island. Just the whole dollar.

Now I've heard, if the arena is built, a 200 room hotel may be built within the vacinity. Depending on the type of hotel that might be a start.

But the NCAA doesn't want their teams and representatives staying in hotels of the likes being built in Grand Island. Just the whole dollar.

Now I've heard, if the arena is built, a 200 room hotel may be built within the vacinity. Depending on the type of hotel that might be a start.

Yes, but I dont think Lincoln has the capacity for such high profile hotels, which is why when teams come they all stay at the Cornhusker. I dont know if adding a Hilton will change that. However, adding hotels such as the ones in Grand Island, Marriott, Holiday Inn, etc, those are more likely to have people stay at them in the time of events, but if youre talking higher rated hotels, youre correct, the likely hood of them being filled is not very high.