The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Just purchased COD: Ghosts.......soooooooooo much better than Black Ops 2 already IMO. Infinity Ward did a nice job thus far......gotta play it more to really get a good judgement on it though.

Yup. Going through the 1P now, and will hop online to try the Aliens co-op and multiplayer soon.

Framerate for PC is all over the place, though.

I unlocked the "Extinction Mode." I started off playing Squads and that helped me get up to speed a bit. Sometimes online I wreck people, and then other times, I get totally stomped. Thus far, the "Honey Badger" is definitely my favorite weapon. I am trying out some of the SMG's, but honestly, with how friggin HUGE the maps are.....I believe running an assault rifle is a better bet.

Yup, the maps are too large. Oh well, I'm sure the DLC will have 32 people deathmatches on a cramped pontoon to compensate. :)

Just purchased COD: Ghosts.......soooooooooo much better than Black Ops 2 already IMO. Infinity Ward did a nice job thus far......gotta play it more to really get a good judgement on it though.

Yup. Going through the 1P now, and will hop online to try the Aliens co-op and multiplayer soon.

Framerate for PC is all over the place, though.

I unlocked the "Extinction Mode." I started off playing Squads and that helped me get up to speed a bit. Sometimes online I wreck people, and then other times, I get totally stomped. Thus far, the "Honey Badger" is definitely my favorite weapon. I am trying out some of the SMG's, but honestly, with how friggin HUGE the maps are.....I believe running an assault rifle is a better bet.

Yup, the maps are too large. Oh well, I'm sure the DLC will have 32 people deathmatches on a cramped pontoon to compensate. :)

My favorite map is strikezone.....funny thing it is.....it's very very simliar to Dome from MW2? I believe.

The best SMG in the game hands down is the CBJ-MS....that gun wrecks people in close range combat. Thus far, an impressive and deadly assault rifle is the MSBS. Takes enemies down quick.

• 3 weeks later...

Also following the speedrunning community lately. I suck and won't be doing any speedrunning but watching these guys on twitch or videos of the world records is ridiculous. For instance this is one of the most famous runs ever (he's beat this time since, too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbkYT9a4lAY

-SM64 \

The Ocarina of Time Any% speedrun is silly. You glitch past 99% of the game, but in order to get a bottle (item) you still need to go to Kakariko and collect the 7 chickens. The route is hilarious.

I've got quite a few I've played over the last two months.

Batman: Arkham Origins - Solid game, though there wasn't a lot of replayability in it for me. Not as much fun or as compelling as Arkham City was but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Battlefield 4 - Still playing this intermittently. Haven't even touched the single player mode because I've been having so much fun in the multiplayer. I love levolution in each maps, though I will admit it loses it's grandeur pretty quickly. My only complaint is that, once again, it's not as crisp as it could be. There are a lot of clipping issues still that need to be addressed. Overall, though, it's a lot of fun to play.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - I won't give away too much, but this may end up being one of (if not the) best AC game of the series. Edward Kenway is an extremely compelling character - choosing to chase riches and glory instead of leading a simple life with the woman he loves. The battle between his greed and his greater purpose in life. The only real complaint I have with the game is in the story telling. They aren't so much plot holes as they are missing details or things I would've like to have seen Edward do. I also think the conflict between his greed and the higher path in life could have been developed earlier. But, I still think it's a fantastic game. Gameplay is fun and the exploration aspect is great.

Been getting into Injustice on the PC. I'm coming around to how they shoe-horned in the fighting engine and story around the peculiarities of the DC characters, but it works well enough. Story mode is interesting...save for when you have to play as people you're not interested in fighting as (e.g. Joker, Cyborg).

Assets look great though. Full 1080p assets from what I understand...though the cutscene movies look like crap--like they were rendered at a much lower resolution. Kind of jarring to see, say, Diana's horrible shadowing on her upper body during cutscenes, then to see it look good once you're back to the in-game engine.

Also will be getting into PayDay 2 on the PC. Thankfully it has controller support so I can play it on the HTPC. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tomb Raider.

Very impressed with it so far. It's a beautiful game with very good voice acting. I didn't think it'd be as good as it's turning out to be.

I really enjoyed TR. I don't think it got overwhelming reviews, and there were some things about the story itself that kind of irked me, but I had a lot of fun playing it. If they're planning on making sequels, which I believe they are, then you can't do much better. It's a really good base for them to look at and say 'yeah this worked, this didn't and this is what we can improve.'

Visually, couldn't agree more. Only complaints I had - there's an early scene in the game where Lara stands on the edge of a cliff (this very well may be the first time you see "Tomb Raider" flash across the screen, so it's near the beginning). I remember looking at the mountain in the distance and it having absolutely no detail, like it came out of minecraft. I also played it on a PC on ultra settings. Perhaps it was a glitch or just a PC issue. The other thing was TressFX or the 'life-like' hair graphic option. It killed my FPS and a slight bob of the head would send her hair flying like she was in a tornado. But, again, cool technology that they can refine and build off of.

Tomb Raider.

Very impressed with it so far. It's a beautiful game with very good voice acting. I didn't think it'd be as good as it's turning out to be.

Great minds and all...I just picked this up after starting and my ADD getting the better of me, and I'm about 85-90% complete with the story. Great game, great reboot. Hell, I picked this game up, and it just 'looked' next-gen for me on the PC. I saw the console versions and was thankful I became a part-time participant in the glorious PC Master Race.

As for the TressFX hair effects...they will kill any Nvidia graphics card--stuff isn't optimized for Nvidia cards. And even though my 7850 handles it no problem, I'm at ~48 FPS. I turn it off, and I'm above 60 FPS, so it's a resource hog even for the AMD cards it was designed for. :-|

Steam sale is going on right now, anyone get anything awesome?

I haven't picked anything up just yet but I imagine that I'll find something on sale that I'll cave in for. One game that was already on sale that I really want is Kerbal Space Program...you build your own rockets and spaceships from parts, try to launch them successfully, go to the moon or other planets. I've played the demo and it's so much fun