The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Delving back into Guild Wars 2.

I haven't played that in a couple years...

have they made any decent changes?

Yeah, they have overhauled a lot of stuff. The trait system hardly resembles what it used to be, and have not even gotten into it yet as it requires lv 30 now. I just started a new char as I was so out of it with my old Ele. And the way they doll out each part of the system is very different. Very much designed to ease people in a bit, but if you had unlocked some of the things they remain unlocked, as most things are account bound and not char. And there is a full free expansion coming soon, with class specializations. We will see how far I get with it this time.

Yeah, they have overhauled a lot of stuff. The trait system hardly resembles what it used to be, and have not even gotten into it yet as it requires lv 30 now. I just started a new char as I was so out of it with my old Ele. And the way they doll out each part of the system is very different. Very much designed to ease people in a bit, but if you had unlocked some of the things they remain unlocked, as most things are account bound and not char. And there is a full free expansion coming soon, with class specializations. We will see how far I get with it this time.

I may have to go check it out...

It took me about 8 or 9 months to lose interest the first time it came out...

The one other thing is they have gone to the "MegaServer" set up. Where for PvE and sPvP world is irrelevant, home world only matters for WvW. It can make zones feel much more populated than before, particularly at off hours on your home world.

The one other thing is they have gone to the "MegaServer" set up. Where for PvE and sPvP world is irrelevant, home world only matters for WvW. It can make zones feel much more populated than before, particularly at off hours on your home world.

That's kinda weird? I wonder what prompted that?

Common trend with MMOs anymore. Basically all players are pooled on one server and zones are instanced as the population demands for the moment. Has a real solid effect of making the game seem more populated than it might otherwise be as well. I know I have played games where I was the only person in a zone, particularly if you are not max level. I imagine it saves them a ton of money in the amount of running hardware too.

Common trend with MMOs anymore. Basically all players are pooled on one server and zones are instanced as the population demands for the moment. Has a real solid effect of making the game seem more populated than it might otherwise be as well. I know I have played games where I was the only person in a zone, particularly if you are not max level. I imagine it saves them a ton of money in the amount of running hardware too.

But I bet that makes the daily farming in Queensdale a complete sh*tshow...

It didn't seem that bad anywhere I have been. I saw times before when I played where there would not be enough players around to take down the world bosses when they came up. Lots of people there for them now. Though if you have a low end rig, I can see a need to turn down a lot of settings in that kind of situation. They seem to have a good handle on the numbers in a given instance before it creates a new one. There is also a notification you get if the map population drops very low that offers you a boon for moving to a more populated instance of that map.

It didn't seem that bad anywhere I have been. I saw times before when I played where there would not be enough players around to take down the world bosses when they came up. Lots of people there for them now. Though if you have a low end rig, I can see a need to turn down a lot of settings in that kind of situation. They seem to have a good handle on the numbers in a given instance before it creates a new one. There is also a notification you get if the map population drops very low that offers you a boon for moving to a more populated instance of that map.

When I stopped playing that daily farm run in Queensdale was a mess. You had people jumping the spawns and throwing off entire groups "rotation"...

The other thing was, I got tired of trying to do dailies for 4 characters. That got to be a bit tedious and time consuming...

When I stopped playing that daily farm run in Queensdale was a mess. You had people jumping the spawns and throwing off entire groups "rotation"...

The other thing was, I got tired of trying to do dailies for 4 characters. That got to be a bit tedious and time consuming...

I think they have tweaked the dailies since then too. And back to an account list and not tied to a specific character. Everything is very account based now. There is a Wallet now that pools all coin, karma, and every other form of currency, and every char has access to it.

I think they have tweaked the dailies since then too. And back to an account list and not tied to a specific character. Everything is very account based now. There is a Wallet now that pools all coin, karma, and every other form of currency, and every char has access to it.

I hope so, that was part of the reason I didn't play as much. I also like the sounds of that, keep everything centralized.

Did you ever PvP in GW2?

I hope so, that was part of the reason I didn't play as much. I also like the sounds of that, keep everything centralized.

Did you ever PvP in GW2?

I did a little WvW, and an odd match here and there. But without being with a group of people I know well, pvp really does not do much for me. Pug pvp is generally a bad idea, but WvW can be ok now and then as the scale is so much larger.

Did you ever PvP in GW2?

I did a little WvW, and an odd match here and there. But without being with a group of people I know well, pvp really does not do much for me. Pug pvp is generally a bad idea, but WvW can be ok now and then as the scale is so much larger.

I concur, did they ever fix those event timers?