The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

On 6/25/2019 at 11:35 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Boy have I got some good news for you... Watched this one myself earlier today. Oddly the website lets Twitch videos embed but the video wouldn't play. Link should work.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/443965863?t=7h46m18s

Here's the embedded version from Youtube in case anyone was interested. There's a bit of a delay in getting the latest runs up.

• Fire 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I've never really been that into 'world-building' games. Sure, I played Sim City like any kid who grew up in the 90's, and I took a stab at games like Total War and Stronghold Crusader. But, that was about it.

This has pretty much all changed with Anno 1800. It's the first of the series I've played, but I'm really enjoying it. I think it's because it challenges you with a fairly robust economy and quests, rather than just a 'go build until you're bored' mentality. It's not overly complicated, and there was a bit of a frustrating learning curve at the start, but now I've hit my stride. I recommend checking it out if you've ever played games like it before and/or are looking for something fairly relaxing to dive into.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, Cdog923 said:

Jealous. All I have is Blazing Sword (and the mobile game). It's insane how expensive Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are on the secondhand market. 

On 6/23/2019 at 3:42 PM, Elaida said:

They are my original copies from when they first came out.  And yeah it's pretty spendy, hope they never get damaged or break. 

This is why we're gonna be in it for the long haul. I don't want to have to buy my own copies.

• 1 month later...

On 7/23/2019 at 3:53 PM, Enhance said:

I've never really been that into 'world-building' games. Sure, I played Sim City like any kid who grew up in the 90's, and I took a stab at games like Total War and Stronghold Crusader. But, that was about it.

This has pretty much all changed with Anno 1800. It's the first of the series I've played, but I'm really enjoying it. I think it's because it challenges you with a fairly robust economy and quests, rather than just a 'go build until you're bored' mentality. It's not overly complicated, and there was a bit of a frustrating learning curve at the start, but now I've hit my stride. I recommend checking it out if you've ever played games like it before and/or are looking for something fairly relaxing to dive into.

Have you played any of the Tropico series?  They're "world builders" but with missions and some political balancing with factions.