The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

If it would help: the game is being released episodically in parts, so you'd essentially be buying one for 3+ games. 

No, I'm going to wait and see if they release it on other platforms in a year or so. The PS4 is getting replaced by the PS5 in November, and I don't play many games anymore, so just not worth it to me.

7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

No, I'm going to wait and see if they release it on other platforms in a year or so. The PS4 is getting replaced by the PS5 in November, and I don't play many games anymore, so just not worth it to me.

If you wait until then, there might be another price drop. 

• Plus1 1
On 4/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, RedDenver said:

Not all PS4 games will be backwards compatible, keep that in mind. 

Now, I'm pretty sure FF7 Remake Part 1 of ? will be, but it's not a sure bet until Sony actually says it. And honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if it isn't, and SquareEnix wants to make you buy it over again for PS5 to recoup costs. 

Also, keep in mind the FF7 Remake is coming to PC and XBox One/XBox Series X later this year. It's only a timed exclusive. 

• Fire 1

Playing through Doom: Eternal on PC at the moment. Overall, a lot of fun, but not sure it's worth the $60 price tag. I had a Steam store gift card which is one of the primary reasons I purchased it. The campaign is pretty short (speed runners have already figured out how to beat the entire game in less than half an hour.) I think I've put in about 12-15 hours of gameplay and am already at the final boss fight. I'm also not seeing a ton of replayability here.

A few things I like about this new one:

• The demon designs harken back to some of the original designs. They look like modern variants, which I think is a nice touch. 
  • Ammo is more scarce and the combat challenges a bit more hectic, forcing players to rely on more weapons than they did in the 2016 Doom.
  • They introduce a lot more lore and back story for Doomguy into this one (and as an addendum to this, the Doom Fortress base of operations has a lot of easter eggs and cool stuff to look at between missions. This was easily one of my favorite touches.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 10:50 AM, VectorVictor said:

Not all PS4 games will be backwards compatible, keep that in mind. 

Now, I'm pretty sure FF7 Remake Part 1 of ? will be, but it's not a sure bet until Sony actually says it. And honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if it isn't, and SquareEnix wants to make you buy it over again for PS5 to recoup costs. 

Also, keep in mind the FF7 Remake is coming to PC and XBox One/XBox Series X later this year. It's only a timed exclusive. 

I thought it was a full year exclusive, so the Xbox and PC ports won't be around until March of 2021.

Just now, Danny Bateman said:

What one you rocking?

I just picked up Enemy Unknown from the 2K Humble Bundle and while I've never really been one for turn-based combat this game is addicting AF.

Enemy Unknown as well. It's the type of game where you look up and 3 hours are suddenly gone. 

Xcom 2 comes out on Switch later this month; I'm debating getting it on launch day. 

I was a sucker and bought Animal Crossing. And I don't get its popularity (at least not yet). My theory is for a lot of people it's the first game of its kind they're playing. Whereas I play lots of different games and this is similar to several I've played. You gather stuff and learn recipes and build stuff then you gather new stuff and learn new recipes to build cooler stuff.

What I don't really get though, is why it is more popular than Stardew Valley. Stardew Valley is better, imo. It has more humor in it, and you can kill some things.

• Fire 1
9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I was a sucker and bought Animal Crossing. And I don't get its popularity (at least not yet). My theory is for a lot of people it's the first game of its kind they're playing. Whereas I play lots of different games and this is similar to several I've played. You gather stuff and learn recipes and build stuff then you gather new stuff and learn new recipes to build cooler stuff.

What I don't really get though, is why it is more popular than Stardew Valley. Stardew Valley is better, imo. It has more humor in it, and you can kill some things.

Stardew is exactly why I've held off on getting Animal Crossing. I just started Summer of year 8 on my farm.