The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Red Dead Redemption, NCAA Football 10 (and now 11 Demo), and just finished Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Red Dead is amazing, the new NCAA Football is fantastic. This is going to piss off my wife in a month, I can guarantee you that.

red dead is shockingly amazing, and i can't what for the new NCAA, i've been waiting since the holiday bowl.

Red Dead Redemption, NCAA Football 10 (and now 11 Demo), and just finished Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Red Dead is amazing, the new NCAA Football is fantastic. This is going to piss off my wife in a month, I can guarantee you that.

red dead is shockingly amazing, and i can't what for the new NCAA, i've been waiting since the holiday bowl.

I can't believe how ridiculously efficient Red Dead is at wasting time. You can be on it for hours and not even know it. Far superior to GTA to me right now.

After close to 50 hours of gameplay, I finished Mass Effect 2 last night. The story was engrossing, the characters were interesting, there were plenty of epic moments, and the gameplay was solid. IMO, it is easily one of the best games this generation.

Also, I started Assassin's Creed II. I'm only about an hour in, but it seems fun even if a step down from Mass Effect 2. I'm sure that given time, it will grow on me.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished up Assassin's Creed II. Although I do like Altair more than Ezio, everything else in ACII was better than in the 1st game. The Truth video and story segments were mind blowing.

I've put a couple of hours into Alan Wake. It is captivating, both in gameplay and story. Anyone who is a fan of games like Silent Hill should definitely check it out.

alan-wake-20100212082154163_640w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been diddling around with FIFA 10, which BTW is much more realistic to soccer than NCAA is to football. Their manager mode is a bit buggy but still very fun. Just started with a club, Newcastle United (mostly because it's named after one of my favorite beers). Currently third in the Champions League (the one beneath the Premier League––trying to get promoted, don't know if it'll happen this year). It would probably be easier if I knew more of what I supposed to be doing on the pitch. Unlike football, I barely know the basics of soccer tactics.

Anyway, surprisingly fun game.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I usually just play online games except for sporting games because a lot of people leave when they are getting worked especially football and MMA games.

I just got back into Socom: Confrontation for the PS3. I am an avid Socom junky and have enjoyed Socom since Socom 2 back in the day but Confrontation is not a great game but its not a bad game. I was working a bunch of fools last night with my trusted M4A1 with the front grip. Awwww memories

• 6 months later...