The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

I have also found that Mordin will survive if you send him back with Chakwas and Kelly when you rescue them from the collectors.

Yes. Anyone you send back with the people you rescue, as long as they're loyal, will survive, as well whichever crew is left.

I found a helpful chart that covers all events after entering the Omega relay and who will die and why and what to do to protect them:

206-flowchart-poster-low.jpg

Hope this helps.

i read that, and watched a few youtube videos on random stuff about the game. I feel like i'm missing stuff for some reason. But it could be becuase i'm not too far into it either. I do about half of the side missions, and i literally just finished Horizon and shut it off for the night...and i heard after Horizon is when things become important...is there anything you can say to help me fully appreciate the game? I absolutely love it, but now i'm kind of worried im going to miss things. I don't care about spoiling, i think spoiling in a video game is much different from a movie, i'd rather know how to keep my team alive then not. And also what does anyone think of ME3? Obviously i bought ME2 first to see how the series was in preperation to ME3, but i know what happens at the end of ME3 and i know that will piss me off after all of the hard work, is it still worth it?

Played a little more than an hour of ME2 and i like it so far

It really is a good game. I started a new game recently and have managed to keep all members loyal(thanks for the advice by the way) with only 2 members left to join.

What do you mean keep all members loyal? I'm at about 15 hours and i think halfway done or so. No one on my team has died or anything. The only person i wish would've joined was amber from horizon, i thought her and sheppard could have some sexy time. And my hints keep saying there isn't dating so you need to talk to people to have a relationship, how can i get intimate with one of the team members?

As you advance through the game your team members start asking you for help with a personal problem. When you do their side missions you can their loyalty. If fail the mission you don't. After gaining loyalty it is easier to start relationships with them.

ME1 is PC and xbox only. As long as you have the interactive comic (it comes with the PS3 version, and is DLC for xbox and pc) then I don't think its that critical. The actual game play and abilities from ME1 to ME2 is a dramatic change. The main reason to play through ME1 is to be more fully immersed in the story and cannon. The interactive comic covers all the really important decisions.

Been playing Diablo III and the beta of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria a bit. Mists looks to be a nice xpac, lot of nice changes made, and the new race/class look to be really well done. Also liking the revamped talent system a lot. Diablo III has been fun, but I've had to wait for the kids to not be around to play it, so I'm not done with Act I yet. Killed the Skeleton King already, though. Should be fun to play through at least. Also been catching up some of my WoW characters. Had been off my Horde characters for a while until the last 6 months or so, so just finally getting caught up on the last bits of Horde lore that I lost out on. Interesting stuff! Had a level 70 Tauren Druid back in TBC, but had only gotten him to 75 by the end of Wrath, so it has been a bit. Focused on my Alliance characters through Wrath. Lots of fun, and while I enjoyed Cata, Mists looks to bring even more to the game. Can't wait for the release!

Finally got laid for the first time in ME2, it was with Jack so nothing special, she's disgusting but i couldn't resist. I hope i can do the dirty with miranda soon.

There are two angles you can take with Jack. The quickie way, and the long road.

Just don't expect any sort of payoff in ME3 unless you romance Tali or Liara from ME1.

Man, the more I think about it, the more I get pissed at EA for giving us the shaft on single-player ME3 content in favor of the forced multiplayer.

Finally got laid for the first time in ME2, it was with Jack so nothing special, she's disgusting but i couldn't resist. I hope i can do the dirty with miranda soon.

There are two angles you can take with Jack. The quickie way, and the long road.

Just don't expect any sort of payoff in ME3 unless you romance Tali or Liara from ME1.

Man, the more I think about it, the more I get pissed at EA for giving us the shaft on single-player ME3 content in favor of the forced multiplayer.

Depends on how you are looking at 'payoff' Every character that survived ME2 makes an appearance in ME3. And Garrus is an option also for a female Shepard. Or Kaiden or Ashley from ME1.

so if i never played ME1 can i still screw Tali and Liara? or does that have to be transferred from 1?

so if i never played ME1 can i still screw Tali and Liara? or does that have to be transferred from 1?

You can hook up with Liara in ME1, but it is not required for ME3. Tali can only be romanced in ME3 if you romanced her in ME2. There was no ME1 option for anyone beyond Liara, Ashley and Kaiden.

You can hook up with Liara in ME1, but it is not required for ME3. Tali can only be romanced in ME3 if you romanced her in ME2. There was no ME1 option for anyone beyond Liara, Ashley and Kaiden.

alright that sounds good...so can i romance with all of the women in ME2? And also, i've been doing some loyalty missions, before i have my entire team assembled, i think i still need 3 or 4 more people, will that affect me in any way? i want my characters to survive

Tali, Jack and Miranda are all able to be romanced my a male Shepard. Miranda, Jacob, Garrus are able to be romanced by a female Shepard. Grunt, Legion, Mordin, Zaeed and Kasumi are unable to be romanced by anyone.

No harm in doing loyalty missions first. Just make sure you get everyone but Legion Loyal before you get the IFF. Bear in mind you will need to do a persuasion check after the second of Jack and Miranda's missions, and a check after doing Tali and Legion's. If you do not have a P/R score high enough you will lose the Loyalty of the person you pick against.