The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

I'm guessing Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin. I don't know what other game that acronym could be referring to.

I play a ton of games, and have never seen or heard of that one.

Continuing through my backlog, I've beaten Dead Space 1 and 2 over the last couple weeks and am running Just Cause 2 now.

I'm guessing Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin. I don't know what other game that acronym could be referring to.

I play a ton of games, and have never seen or heard of that one.

Continuing through my backlog, I've beaten Dead Space 1 and 2 over the last couple weeks and am running Just Cause 2 now.

Same here, never heard of CMBB.

You playing Just Cause 2 because you got it for free on Playstation Plus?

Been a TON of free good games on their for PSN Plus members, other day I downloaded almost 300 bucks worth of games for nothing.

I play a ton of games, and have never seen or heard of that one. Continuing through my backlog, I've beaten Dead Space 1 and 2 over the last couple weeks and am running Just Cause 2 now.
Same here, never heard of CMBB. You playing Just Cause 2 because you got it for free on Playstation Plus? Been a TON of free good games on their for PSN Plus members, other day I downloaded almost 300 bucks worth of games for nothing.

Nope, playing it on PC. I picked it up a while back on Steam's Square/Enix discount weekend. Payed like $7. I have not played a game on a console in months. I'm a bit of a graphics fan, and its that phase in the console lifespan where they just can't come close to competing with a PC again.

The Combat Mission games were pretty cool. They were turn based strategy war games, but both sides entered their moves simultaneously during a planning phase. Then the action went into motion (for both sides) for something like a minute while the moves were executed as you watched. Rinse and repeat.

I'm toward the end of ME2, jack died, so far everyone else is okay, I'm fighting the huge reaper and I've died a few times, it pissed me off so I quit playing yesterday, might get back at it tomorrow. FIFA 11 is still a game I play everyday, stopped playing nba 2k12 for awhile. I still need to finish up uncharted 3 and am yet to start red dead redemption. NCAA 13 comes out in two days so I won't get much done on any of my other games

I'm toward the end of ME2, jack died, so far everyone else is okay, I'm fighting the huge reaper and I've died a few times, it pissed me off so I quit playing yesterday, might get back at it tomorrow. FIFA 11 is still a game I play everyday, stopped playing nba 2k12 for awhile. I still need to finish up uncharted 3 and am yet to start red dead redemption. NCAA 13 comes out in two days so I won't get much done on any of my other games

The human reaper? If you need a pointer let me know. Once you know the tactic, its really an easy fight.

The human reaper? If you need a pointer let me know. Once you know the tactic, its really an easy fight.

probably, the huge thing. I've only tried three times and i was very close to killing it, but once you die you have to completely start over. The one where you shoot in his chest and eyes.

probably, the huge thing. I've only tried three times and i was very close to killing it, but once you die you have to completely start over. The one where you shoot in his chest and eyes.

That's the one. Giant Human skull. I've beat it with several classes, and on insanity.

Basically you want to spend the fight behind the raise parts, though I would not go into cover unless you need to recharge shields. You want to keep some mobility. You want to get those 'feeding tubes' down asap, I found a high damage rapid fire worked best, either SMG or AR depending on class.

Once the reaper is moving around, keep behind the center cover, his attack is pretty easy to avoid by keeping down. He will move around a bit and smash off some of the edge platforms as the fight goes on. It will get to be a smaller battlefield if it really takes a long time. So sometimes after he comes back up, you will need to re-position, and getting behind cover needs to be #1. After he fires pop up and aim for the bight eye. Rinse and repeat.

OK, I just don't get. Mass effect 1, really? How did this game EVER become as popular as it became. I have played the best. I'm 55 with 3 sons, I started with PONG! I built my youngest son a computer for graduation. This is a lame story line and too many side quests that are meaningless. Doom 3, that was fun and had a 10 on the creep factor (surround sound with a good sub), any Half Life series, and all Metal of Honor and Modern Warfare. Please, help me, should I bale on 1 and go to 2? Someone just told me they play 2 without 1 and regretted it. What am I missing?

OK, I just don't get. Mass effect 1, really? How did this game EVER become as popular as it became. I have played the best. I'm 55 with 3 sons, I started with PONG! I built my youngest son a computer for graduation. This is a lame story line and too many side quests that are meaningless. Doom 3, that was fun and had a 10 on the creep factor (surround sound with a good sub), any Half Life series, and all Metal of Honor and Modern Warfare. Please, help me, should I bale on 1 and go to 2? Someone just told me they play 2 without 1 and regretted it. What am I missing?

Just skip a lot of the side quests if they get annoying. The Mako missions are annoying if you ask me. I'm not sure where you are in the story so far, but I would not call it lame. Especially as it goes on.

2 is a better game than 1. The gameplay is quite a bit different. Fewer skill trees to pick from, and the classes are much better defined. If want to skip ahead, there is DLC for the PC(also included on the digital deluxe edition) and 360 (it comes free on PS3) that will run down the story in ME1, and let you pick what you wanted to do with the big choices that will effect later story arcs.

If you are looking for another couple games with great creep factor, try Dead Space 1 and 2. 1 is good, 2 is a better game there also.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, thanks too everyone, especially strigori for suggesting I stay the path on Mass Effect 1. I thought the story line was weak, however, the main story was solid and now that I am on to Mass Effect 2, it is even better. I can't wait to finish this and move on too the 3rd one in the Trilogy. You were right.

OK, thanks too everyone, especially strigori for suggesting I stay the path on Mass Effect 1. I thought the story line was weak, however, the main story was solid and now that I am on to Mass Effect 2, it is even better. I can't wait to finish this and move on too the 3rd one in the Trilogy. You were right.

Glad I was helpful. Enjoy the run on Mass Effect, it has been one of my favorite series for years. Even the multiplayer in 3 is a blast.

Mass effect 2 was great! I skipped mass effect 1. I have yet to start M.E 3