The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Wrapped up The Darkness II on Thursday night. Its a fun FPS type game with some extra supernatural stuff mixed in. Its very linear, but the story is pretty good. It is taken from a comic book, and really maintains that vibe throughout. It is fairly short. I got through the singer player campaign in a bit over 8 hours. I didn't do anything with the multiplayer.

Next up for me is The Witcher 2: Assassin on Kings. I enjoyed the first one, and the reviews were good on the sequel.

just started playing 'ecco' on the genesis, that game is bangin' ass.

I'm guessing alcohol and nostalgia dug that out of the closet.

yeah, i missed sega channel.

i have been playing 'borderlands' with a friend. that game is a lot of fun, except my saved character just somehow got corrupted, which was a bummer.

I played Borderlands for months. Hope the new is as good or better.

Considering they're really just tweaking the formula somewhat to give us varied environments and classes, and not really messing with it, I'm sure it will be just as good as 1.

Amazon pre-orders are giving away a fifth character class to select, and apparently there will be additional/new classes to select as DLC down the road.

I'll be getting it day one for XBL, if anyone needs someone to team up with.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings and I would highly recommend it. An outstanding RPG. Though it is definitely rated M for a reason. Language, sex and violence are all present in large amounts. So, certainly not a game for the munchkins to watch you play. But they all really build the atmosphere of the game world, that is based on books. There are major choices to make that dramatically effect the game. I played through both major story arcs (requires two play throughs) And I will say while both are fun, one arc seems much more in line with the rest of the game fiction, its grittier and the other injects a bit more humor and easter eggs.

I have also just about wrapped up Bastion. Which is also a really fun game, it may be a little short of all you do is plow through the story and don't do any of the challenges, or chase any achievements. But its also a fairly cheap game, on Steam its about $15.

• 3 weeks later...

Got Borderlands for free on PSN Plus.

Didn't like it at first, but then played online coop with a buddy and wow it was like a totally different game. Swapping weapons, both blasting away on a campaign, teamwork, just a total blast.

Beat the main story last night, going to probably play it through again.

I'll be picking up the sequel when I get tired of this one.

Didn't like it at first, but then played online coop with a buddy and wow it was like a totally different game. Swapping weapons, both blasting away on a campaign, teamwork, just a total blast.

Borderlands 2 came out a couple weeks ago...

Anyone picking up Dishonoured? Looks pretty cool.

The trailer looks good, but it kindof seems like a AC knockoff. I dont any knowledge in the game so I cant say that is the case, the trailer just made it look like the same concept, which I have a hard time seeing any game competing directly with AC.

From the reviews and videos its more like a Deus Ex. And its scoring very well, I plan on picking it up in the next week or so. The basics from the reviews is you get a large open map and a target to eliminate. It sounds more like DE:HR in that you can chose a play style, and don't even need to kill anyone.

Borderlands 2 came out a couple weeks ago...

I am aware of this.

I'll probably play through the first game one or two more times before I get the sequel.

• 3 weeks later...

I will pick up AC3 when it shows up on PC in about another month. I'm curious which previous one you played? The first one threw me a brick wall and I didn't finish it, but I did play all the way through AC2, brotherhood and revelations, and they were all much better than the first one.

i never played the first or second one. Im pretty sure i played Brotherhood and after multiple hours i got stuck on one section, and im sure i could have just looked it up online, but i dont think that's any fun when it comes to playing through/beating a game, so i traded it in. I remember it being a fun game for the most part, but it didn't help that i bought it spontaneously after watching the cinematic trailer, and then when you play the game and realize it's not near what the cinematic trailer is, it makes you mad. But it was a fun game, but a game i could also go without and not miss anything. I still am yet to finish the uncharted series, i always get hours into it and then just stop. I spend too much of my time on NCAA 13, NBA 2k13, and Fifa

I will pick up AC3 when it shows up on PC in about another month. I'm curious which previous one you played? The first one threw me a brick wall and I didn't finish it, but I did play all the way through AC2, brotherhood and revelations, and they were all much better than the first one.

i never played the first or second one. Im pretty sure i played Brotherhood and after multiple hours i got stuck on one section, and im sure i could have just looked it up online, but i dont think that's any fun when it comes to playing through/beating a game, so i traded it in. I remember it being a fun game for the most part, but it didn't help that i bought it spontaneously after watching the cinematic trailer, and then when you play the game and realize it's not near what the cinematic trailer is, it makes you mad. But it was a fun game, but a game i could also go without and not miss anything. I still am yet to finish the uncharted series, i always get hours into it and then just stop. I spend too much of my time on NCAA 13, NBA 2k13, and Fifa

I enjoyed the Uncharted series. Sure hope they come out with a few more.