The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

How many play throughs have you done? Elaida is on his 3rd. He let me join him for this one. We're with Claude. I think he's coming between us.

I haven't played it yet; just watched some playthroughs on YouTube. 

Spoiler

Is there a canon playthrough? Would it be Eldegard's?

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I haven't played it yet; just watched some playthroughs on YouTube. 

Hide contents

Is there a canon playthrough? Would it be Eldegard's?

I don’t think so? Whatever choice you make is one of the ways the story could go. i don’t think there’s any “right” one. 

• Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t think so? Whatever choice you make is one of the ways the story could go. i don’t think there’s any “right” one. 

Usually these games have one route that is the "right" one, or one that the game tries to push you towards (building a support with Eliwood and Ninian in FE7, for instance), but it's not too overt or anything. 

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Usually these games have one route that is the "right" one, or one that the game tries to push you towards (building a support with Eliwood and Ninian in FE7, for instance), but it's not too overt or anything. 

When you choose the house at the beginning I don't think it's like that, and that's a pretty important choice. I think the story can be quite a bit different just based on the house. But like I said I've only done it once.

1 hour ago, MLB 51 said:

The promos looked really good. What don't you like about it?

Maps are a cluster. Worst in any COD. There is no flow to them unlike previous titles where it is a typical 3 lane design. This leads to terrible spawns and uneven play on game modes.

The maps have doors you can open and close and this leads to an increase in camping. Pair that with the fact that there are perks that allow you to spawn with 2 clay-mores and continuously resupply them leads to people literally sitting in buildings for an entire match. 

The time to kill is fine, but weapons that favor camping, like shotguns are insane. This leads to 7-8 people a match running shotguns and clay-mores.

There is no mini map any more which leads to people camping as well.

So if you like sitting behind a door for 30 minutes at a time with a shotgun I would recommend. Otherwise I wouldn't suggest picking it up.

• Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

I don't have enough issues with campers to not like Modern Warfare I guess.  Every now and then yeah.  A camper will get you and usually on the opposite side of the map from the obj too lol.  I like the M4A1 or Sand Sniper and am trying Hadir's Right Hand as a sniper and am am having a good time. 

It seemed like there were more campers when I first started compared to now but that's just been my experience so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Fanatical is currently having a sale - today only - with some pretty great PC games on a pretty decent sale with all proceeds going to the WWF to help with efforts on the Australian brushfire tragedy.

The included games are right at the top of the page. Some very solid offerings. Wolfenstein II was definitely on my list and I couldn't pass up Prey at this price. Personally I wound up getting all the ones I didn't already have because why not - the situation over their makes me incredibly sad.

Grab something while you can if interested!

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...

Bump. Humble currently offering a megabundle with 45 (!) games and a ton of e-books/audiobooks for $30 with 100% of proceeds going to orgs helping combat Covid-19.

Love when my money can go to good causes and there's some really decent games to be had. Off the top of my head, Hollow Knight is an amazing Metroidvania that I adored, Undertale is very popular, Darksiders 1/2 are supposed to be entertaining, Brothers is a worthwhile puzzle adventure, Jackbox games are a blast if you have a group together and Psychonauts is a classic.

I'm sure others are worth the price of admission if only to tinker.