The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

22 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Have been playing COD (Modern Warfare) steadily since it came out.  I never play Warzone though as I can't stand all the running around just to get to some action so I stick to the smaller maps/6 on 6 modes.  I went ahead and bought Cold War and to me it's terrible so will likely be selling it whenever I get around to it.  Very disappointing.

Anyone get a hold of a PS5 yet???  Unreal that they are still so hard to come by.

With COD, 6v6 modes like S&D are great. Probably the best multiplayer experience overall in Modern Warfare.

Warzone is worth giving another shot, but admittedly, it's a far better experience when you have people you like to communicate and play with. Then, you can hunt down enemies and speed up the game pace. Camping and waiting is what makes the game boring. It's also not much fun to play Solos or with randoms, IMO, particularly since the random experience can be quite a crap shoot. But I would completely avoid it until they fix the current state of the game... there are a couple of weapons that are laughably overpowered right now from the Cold War integration and it's made the game unplayable.

I know one person who has gotten a PS5 and that's it. Everybody else is still struggling. This fact made me giggle to myself a bit over the weekend when I heard all of the Fiesta Bowl players would be getting a PS5.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soooo it's looking like PS5's won't be readily (holds breath) available until 2022.  I actually found myself starting to look at the Xbox Series X.  Not a fan of the joystick but do like the extra memory compared to the PS5.  

Ugh.  I'll probably just continue to wait and wait and wait for the PS5.  Will also give me time to save up for a tv with 120hz output.

• Plus1 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 1:20 PM, suh_fan93 said:

Soooo it's looking like PS5's won't be readily (holds breath) available until 2022.  I actually found myself starting to look at the Xbox Series X.  Not a fan of the joystick but do like the extra memory compared to the PS5.  

Ugh.  I'll probably just continue to wait and wait and wait for the PS5.  Will also give me time to save up for a tv with 120hz output.

Been meaning to ask, are you glad you went with PS5 over Xbox X?  Any second guessing or wondering? 

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, admo said:

Good deal.  I had thought you were looking at the Xbox Series X while waiting on PS5, and maybe considering it.  No worries :)

Yeah I still wasn't able to play one of those either!  I'm not even sure if you can still go to say a Best Buy and play a display model?  I did watch some videos comparing the two.  If I remember correctly the X Box series X comes with more storage.  I TB more I think.  So far I have been happy with the PS5 and have had no issues.  Only thing I've been thinking about now is upgrading the TV to get one with a truly higher (120) fps.

• Fire 1

Heads up for PC gamers: Humble has a bundle to support Ukraine for $40 with some super solid games included. If you don't already have a lot of these, may be worth it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-with-ukraine-bundle?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_2_layout_index_2_layout_type_carousel_tile_index_1_c_ukrainecharitybundle_bundle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...