Nexus

SIGNED S Daimion Stafford

O8n7o.png

Player: Daimion Stafford

Hometown: Norco, CA

School: Chaffey JUCO (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)

Position: S

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 210

40 time: 4.46

Scholarships: Iowa St., Nebraska, New Mexico, New Mexico St.

:bigredn:

**NOTE: 2009 high school graduate from Norco, CA. He's a JUCO prospect expected to be highly ranked. His high school team competed against Eric Martin's team in what was slated as a "

" in 2008. His JUCO team fielded a highly ranked defense across the board - #5 PASS DEFENSE,#1 TAKEAWAY, #7 RUN DEFENSE, #4 DEFENSE IN THE STATE, #1 REDZONE DEFENSE. He also earned All-Conference JUCO honors in '09. I'm guessing he's a 3 for 2 player since he'll be playing his sophomore year at JUCO in '10. His JUCO highlights are already posted below (he's #20), but here is his
from his senior season in '08.

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN:

I like this kid... I've heard he's a 3 to play 2... so he could come in and redshirt, then play 2 years... i'd rather have a4 year player with same credentials, maybe a little smarter, but if we have room and need some immediate impact here this kid looks like a great pickup in terms of being an athlete. Don't know about his character, work ethic though...

Kid is fast. Has great football speed. I don't really care about 40 times, I look at on the field speed. He reads quickly and has great burst.

I like this kid... I've heard he's a 3 to play 2... so he could come in and redshirt, then play 2 years... i'd rather have a4 year player with same credentials, maybe a little smarter, but if we have room and need some immediate impact here this kid looks like a great pickup in terms of being an athlete. Don't know about his character, work ethic though...

FYI: note in the profile says a 2 for 3 player.

2 for 3? What does that mean? I thought it meant he's got 2 years to play and 3 years to be in the system. Thus it would be a 3 to play 2 kid. Am I wrong with my interpretation here?

2 for 3? What does that mean? I thought it meant he's got 2 years to play and 3 years to be in the system. Thus it would be a 3 to play 2 kid. Am I wrong with my interpretation here?

no you are correct.

no you are correct.

Yea, I wasn't correcting. I just thought it was funny you heard the same thing as what's already written in the profile...just messing around

no you are correct.

Yea, I wasn't correcting. I just thought it was funny you heard the same thing as what's already written in the profile...just messing around

oh, haha. Well you have to admit 3 to play 2 sounds a lot better than 2 for 3...

got the NU offer that he was looking for on Thursday of last week. wouldnt bet against his commitment coming very soon

Do you know this kid by chance?

got the NU offer that he was looking for on Thursday of last week. wouldnt bet against his commitment coming very soon

nope, just articles about him on pay sites. one sight had an article about him saying that he already had an offer from Iowa St, and it would be "Huge" if he got one from NU.

well he got the offer from NU, and reading between the lines, i would say that he is probably next

nope, just articles about him on pay sites. one sight had an article about him saying that he already had an offer from Iowa St, and it would be "Huge" if he got one from NU.

well he got the offer from NU, and reading between the lines, i would say that he is probably next

I see. Yeah I noticed both Rivals and Scout have a story on him. I'd love to have him if he wants "N". His film is impressive.

Films are very impressive, cant wait to see this kid as our PESO back of the future.

holy mother of god, @1:36 now that was some closing speed, running downhill and making a very nice open field tackle.

man between corey cooper, harvey jackson, and this guy if we get him... we're lookin pretty good for the future at Safety... if we can pull in a blue chip safety I like the competition at that position for the next 3-4 years...

This class is filling up faster than Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, USC, Oregon, Texas A&M, UCLA (0) haha, Cal, and Virginia Tech.

Here's a look at the big Division IA schools and their numbers thus far (5/19/2010):

Boise State (0)

UCLA (0)

Iowa State (0)

Ole Miss (1)

Virginia Tech (2)

Colorado (2)

Tennessee (2)

Oregon (2)

Miami (2)

Iowa (3)

Kansas (3)

Cal (3)

Arizona (3)

USC (4)

Michigan (4)

Florida (4)

Auburn (6)

Arkansas (6)

Baylor (6)

Texas A&M (7)

Clemson (8)

Kansas State (8)

Missouri (8)

Nebraska (8)

Notre Dame (9)

Georgia (9)

TCU (9)

Oklahoma State (9)

Ohio State (11)

LSU (11)

Florida State (11)

Texas Tech (11)

Alabama (12)

Oklahoma (12)

Stanford (14)

Texas (20)

Here is a breakdown within the conference:

Iowa State (0)

Colorado (2)

Kansas (3)

Baylor (6)

Texas A&M (7)

Kansas State (8)

Missouri (8)

Nebraska (8)

Oklahoma State (9)

Texas Tech (11)

Oklahoma (12)

Texas (20)

• Upvote 2

Reminder that we cannot post content from inside Scout or Rivals paid subscriber stuff.

he reminds me a lot of dejon gomes. im sure when they saw him, thats all they could think of. i like this guy a lot

Man this is shapping up to be ine helluva recruiting class. Once we land green it may be the best class nebraska has ever has!

I think this will go down as one of the best classes. NU has some serious momentum and recruits are paying attention. You give NU/Pelini some top 10 recruiting classes and watch out. This will be fun watching this play out on the field in the years to come!!!

Reminder that we cannot post content from inside Scout or Rivals paid subscriber stuff.

Correct I understand this. I guess I need to reword what I wrote then... "can anyone give us a hint or a brief summary of what Daimion Stanford mentioned to the media today."

Sorry for the mix up.... :(

Correct I understand this. I guess I need to reword what I wrote then... "can anyone give us a hint or a brief summary of what Daimion Stanford mentioned to the media today."

i dont know who he looks like but he looks damn good... i think hes gonna be the next daimion stafford....... i agree with the closing speed and being able to see the field in sections so to speak and break down these sections of the field to make the plays he needs to make... in other words i was impressed with his vision... which from the juco ranks is pretty impressiove.... i think he'll get his ass kicked once in camp of course a little bit during the red shirt year.. but with natural ability and hopefully work ethic will be a great player... good get guys once again......

This class is filling up faster than Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, USC, Oregon, Texas A&M, UCLA (0) haha, Cal, and Virginia Tech.

Here's a look at the big Division IA schools and their numbers thus far (5/19/2010):

Boise State (0)

UCLA (0)

Iowa State (0)

Ole Miss (1)

Virginia Tech (2)

Colorado (2)

Tennessee (2)

Oregon (2)

Miami (2)

Iowa (3)

Kansas (3)

Cal (3)

Arizona (3)

USC (4)

Michigan (4)

Florida (4)

Auburn (6)

Arkansas (6)

Baylor (6)

Texas A&M (7)

Clemson (8)

Kansas State (8)

Missouri (8)

Nebraska (8)

Notre Dame (9)

Georgia (9)

TCU (9)

Oklahoma State (9)

Ohio State (11)

LSU (11)

Florida State (11)

Texas Tech (11)

Alabama (12)

Oklahoma (12)

Stanford (14)

Texas (20)

Here is a breakdown within the conference:

Iowa State (0)

Colorado (2)

Kansas (3)

Baylor (6)

Texas A&M (7)

Kansas State (8)

Missouri (8)

Nebraska (8)

Oklahoma State (9)

Texas Tech (11)

Oklahoma (12)

Texas (20)

when i look at this i think 'oh shiet we're dominating' but then i look at the big 12 (RIP) and see alot of recruits for a lot of teams... but then i looked at the quality and i think our QUALITY of recruits matches our number of recruits... i think some of these teams from what i've seen have lots of recruits but a lot are shiet..... just a thought

More good news. Stafford will enroll in Jan. 2011 and participate in spring practice next year.

Next Dejon Gomes anyone?

:bonez:koolaid2::bonez

Bo is pretty selective with the JUCO-offers, says a lot that this kid got one. Ya hopefully he is another Gomes for us. Hope he'll be in for winter-conditioning and Spring-ball, could be an impact player in '11.

New rivals teaser about the Carl visit and possible decision timeline. Any info? Sker, Huskerjock, others...

Did you get your answer? :lol:

:bonez :bonez :bonez

Yes I did! :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

:corndance:corndance

Welcome aboard. We are really selective offering JUCO so you know this is exactly who Bo wanted. Great to have him commit! Also nice to hear he will be here in Jan.

Stafford, Williams, Turner, and Tyler Moore are all coming in for spring ball... not only do we have a Beastly class so far, but we have a beastly class that is coming in a semester early... :bonez :bonez :bonez

Stafford, Williams, Turner, and Tyler Moore are all coming in for spring ball... not only do we have a Beastly class so far, but we have a beastly class that is coming in a semester early... :bonez :bonez :bonez

Very true, this class is only going to get better too.

We are waiting Aaron Green..... :)

I'm ecstatic. This guy sounds like this year's version of Lavonte David. Let's hope he's as beastly as advertised.

I will add one word of caution though: Let's all hope this works out better than the last Stafford on the team.

His main attractions were rich tradition and NU being a powerhouse school. Recruited by Coach Carl.

Sounds like a great fit for the Pesos...

How many times have we heard this lately...?

Yep, I would imagine that's gonna happen a lot. lol Prolly every time we recruit those 6'2"/210/4.4 guys... Pretty much a SS playing in the linebacker position at times. Or maybe it's just fun to say..... PESOS....

Yep, I would imagine that's gonna happen a lot. lol Prolly every time we recruit those 6'2"/210/4.4 guys... Pretty much a SS playing in the linebacker position at times. Or maybe it's just fun to say..... PESOS....

If some guy looks like he is really going to suck/be a bust can we refer to him as being a perfect fit for the EURO?

Sometimes I feel like I accidently went to FOREX.com when I read this board.

Turns out that Stafford has a relationship with Taylor Martinez and they are good friends.

Link below:

http://omaha.com/article/20100520/BIGRED/705219999