SIGNED S Daimion Stafford

So, who takes this kid's spot? We are still out on a lot of talented prospects. I'd like a DT or WR over another DB. We got some great DB recruits in this class already.

Makes the door open that much more for Mr. Wayne Lyons. And I don't believe that it is as big of a long shot as some may be saying.

Just to add to Paul's comment: Sean Callahn not only said that he believes the he is a solid Husker, but he will be here for the CU game for his official visit...and "That will be huge"...is what Callahan said.

We need to get that place rockin, and blow up the Buffs....

** unfortunately, long range forecast has temps in 20's.....not very good "recruiting" weather. Hopefully the atmoshphere will keep him warm. F'n Nebraska weather.

Just to add to Paul's comment: Sean Callahn not only said that he believes the he is a solid Husker, but he will be here for the CU game for his official visit...and "That will be huge"...is what Callahan said.

** unfortunately, long range forecast has temps in 20's.....not very good "recruiting" weather. Hopefully the atmoshphere will keep him warm. F'n Nebraska weather.

Don't forget he also has a couple of "Inland Empire connections" that already play for NU in Taylor Martinez and Eric Martin. All three of them graduated high school in the same year yet played against each other since they were in the same division; Stafford (Norco HS), Martinez (Centennial HS) and Martin (Rancho Verde HS). That might be enough to keep him committed? Either way, I wish the kid luck wherever he ends up.

The issue with Daimion is not that he doesn't want to come to Nebraska. It's that he's not making his grades and he's not gonna make his grades. His coach said so. Florida has much lower academic standards for academic interest so it's his backup plan if he can't be N. There's a good chance he could make his grades before next fall, but coaches have given him the scholarship contingent upon him qualifying academically to arrive in January.

The issue with Daimion is not that he doesn't want to come to Nebraska. It's that he's not making his grades and he's not gonna make his grades. His coach said so. Florida has much lower academic standards for academic interest so it's his backup plan if he can't be N. There's a good chance he could make his grades before next fall, but coaches have given him the scholarship contingent upon him qualifying academically to arrive in January.

I like the idea that Florida is his backup plan if he can't get to Nebraska - but I find it hard to believe that Florida will ever be a "fallback" for Nebraska. It also might be possible that his offer had that contigency to help drive Daimion. It didn't work. Whether the coaches hold him to that and walk away, or use it to learn that he'll needs to be motivated differently is up to them. I think Lyons will have a lot to do w/ this recruitment going forward. If Lyons is leaning our way, I see the coaches holding Stafford to that contingency. If Lyons looks to be gone, then they will show some leniency and tollerance. You don't let a tallent like this walk away over 15 spring practices. Like others have said, David came in and contributed w/out the spring - and he was at the LB spot calling the defense. Stafford should be able to learn the safety position much easier. David had to learn both the defense and the oposing offense.

Don't forget he also has a couple of "Inland Empire connections" that already play for NU in Taylor Martinez and Eric Martin. All three of them graduated high school in the same year yet played against each other since they were in the same division; Stafford (Norco HS), Martinez (Centennial HS) and Martin (Rancho Verde HS). That might be enough to keep him committed? Either way, I wish the kid luck wherever he ends up.

Taylor also attended Norco for a while FWIW, I think that he and Daimion were teamates for a year.

Taylor also attended Norco for a while FWIW, I think that he and Daimion were teamates for a year.

Yes, I was aware of that but didn't want to add extra details digressing from my point. But since you brought it up, and for those unaware, Martinez attended Norco (Freshman & Sophomore years) and San Bernadino Cajon (Junior year) before transferring to Centennial for his Senior year. While at Norco his coach was Todd Gerhart who happens to be Toby Gerhart's father. The Martinez and Gerhart families were close neighbor friends.

Yes, I was aware of that but didn't want to add extra details digressing from my point. But since you brought it up, and for those unaware, Martinez attended Norco (Freshman & Sophomore years) and San Bernadino Cajon (Junior year) before transferring to Centennial for his Senior year. While at Norco his coach was Todd Gerhart who happens to be Toby Gerhart's father. The Martinez and Gerhart families were close neighbor friends.

Quincy Enunwa might know him also

Wow...small world.

Glad USC is out of it. They seemed like the big competition. Sucks that he wouldn't be here for Spring-ball. Sounds like we did cool a little because of it. If we get Lyons wonder if we cool-off more. Kid does seem like a beast though and our JUCO-gets have been good thus-far.

• 2 weeks later...