SIGNED LB Michael Rose

If I understand from what I read earlier today .. Michael Rose was the first to sign his LOI today ... anyone else confirm that? If true, that's a signature statement to me of him leading this team. He has been :bigredn: for so long now ... and continues to show it. I can almost bet that he wanted to be the first to sign himself up. I hope this kid has the career he wants to have ... if he does ... I think he will be a Husker many fans will talk about for years. So far ... he deserves the respect and recognition for being a great leader off the field.

Someone was asking about defensive leaders for this coming year. Probably not Rose this time around but I'd bet he'll be there sooner rather than later.

He is going to have guys looking over their shoulder from day one. Competition will make everyone better.

No doubt! This guy is going to be a beast. I can't for him to get onto the field.

• 3 weeks later...

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/husker_recruit_rose_injured.html

Michael Rose, a linebacker recruit in Nebraska's 2012 class, suffered a knee injury during a basketball game Sunday.

Rose, of Kansas City, Mo., reportedly saw a doctor Tuesday. The injury doesn't appear to be serious, he told HuskerOnline.com.

"They did an X-ray, said everything was good with the X-ray, and said there was no bone damage," Rose said. "He looked at my knee and said everything was stable. He said the ACL and all the ligaments felt good. We'll see what the results are when they come back from the MRI (Wednesday).

http://my.journalsta...se_injured.html

Michael Rose, a linebacker recruit in Nebraska's 2012 class, suffered a knee injury during a basketball game Sunday.

Rose, of Kansas City, Mo., reportedly saw a doctor Tuesday. The injury doesn't appear to be serious, he told HuskerOnline.com.

"They did an X-ray, said everything was good with the X-ray, and said there was no bone damage," Rose said. "He looked at my knee and said everything was stable. He said the ACL and all the ligaments felt good. We'll see what the results are when they come back from the MRI (Wednesday).

I'm all for recruits enjoying high school and playing the sports they want, but come senior year, and you have committed to a big time program for football I would definitely think about not playing a sport like basketball especially.

• 2 months later...