SIGNED LB Michael Rose

• 1 month later...

Any news on how Rose is doing this fall?

According to the Kansas City Star’s Candace Buckner, Michael Rose, a four-star linebacker who has committed to Nebraska, will miss the first six games because he’s ineligible due to last spring’s grades.

LINK

Any news on how Rose is doing this fall?

According to the Kansas City Star's Candace Buckner, Michael Rose, a four-star linebacker who has committed to Nebraska, will miss the first six games because he's ineligible due to last spring's grades.

LINK

He's not meeting Rockhurst's standards, but is meeting NCAA standards just as an FYI. He could have gone to a different school and played, but chose to stick it out there.

• 4 months later...

It's kind of things like this which really make me want Bo to name Ek's replacement(albeit Doug Coleman or whomever). Knowing who is manning the position could do nothing but help out with a kid like Rose and any potential LB recruits for this recruiting cycle.

According to Scout he has reopened his recruitment, yet he's still listed as solid. Ohhhhh, Scout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MIKE ROSE, LB, 6-0, 210, 4.6, KANSAS CITY (ROCKHURST), MISSOURI

Husker For Now

“Right now I’m solid with them (Nebraska) we have an understanding what I’m doing. So they told me to check out other places so it’s the right thing. We have an understanding until we get up there (Lincoln) this Saturday.” Rose said

Former NU Assistant Had An Impact

“I have (bond) with Coach Eckler, I’ve known him for awhile since my freshman year. I’m out of the loop I don’t know who is recruiting my area with the changes. We will see this weekend how it goes when I get up there.” Rose said

“Make Sure I Made The Right Decision”

“Right now I’m just trying to get a feel for everything else. I committed way, way too early probably should have. I just want to make sure I made the right decision. If it was not the right decision go from there.” Rose said

“It doesn’t bother me one bit.” Rose said about Nebraska joining the Big 10. “I think my play fits there (Big 10) than the Big 12 with the spread. I’m more of an I-Formation lay the wood on the fullbacks, running down backs in the back field. I can cover receivers in the slot. My game fits very well in the Big 10.”

“I think (NU) will do better in the Big 10 than the Big 12. I believe they should go back to the old school running offense but they are going to spread. Hey, I really don’t know what they are doing but I think the Big 10 defenses have the tradition to compete in the Big 10 right away.” Rose said

“I like the city of Lincoln. I like the tradition that Nebraska holds up there. Fact they are football orientated all year round. I like the way they are building facilities, putting them in one central location. My dad has always been a big Husker fan.” Rose said

Game Day In Lincoln: “Nothing Can Be Better”

“I went to the Texas and Missouri games. Game days are absolutely fantastic nothing can be any better than being in Lincoln on game day so much excitement. It’s a fun experience. I’ve been up there four times now it was a pretty good experience for me and my family.” Rose said

“I’ve been to KU, MU and Iowa junior days Nebraska next week. Arkansas after that then I’m done with junior days. I’m going to a lot of spring practices and spring games.” Rose said

Iowa In The Running

“I love Iowa Coach Kirk Ferentz and Coach Eric Johnson and the whole coaching staff is very, very sincere.” Rose said

“They want me pretty bad I’ve got e-mails almost every day from coach Ferentz and Johnson how they want to use me stuff like that.” Rose said

“Come To The Sky Box”

“I really, really love going up to Iowa talk to Coach Ferentz, that’s the first time I ever got to sit down (with a coach) that surprised me. I showed up they told me to come to the Sky Box. That was a great experience to do that.” Rose said

“I love Kansas. I love coach Gill and the linebacker Coach Carl Torbush. I’ve known Coach Reggie Mitchell since my freshman year. I love coach Gill he is fantastic we got to sit down with me and dad on junior days. It was real blessing to be with him, to get to hear from him.” Rose said

“Not really.” Rose said about hearing from Missouri. “Missouri has their two linebackers (offers) to get. I guess I’m a Plan B. We didn’t talk as much.”

Impressed With Arkansas Offer

“They are an attraction to the SEC I guess. I like Arkansas I like Coach Garrick McGee I’ve talked to him a couple of times. Arkansas is one of the schools I didn’t really think I would get much attention from. It’s really cool to get recruited by Arkansas. It’s a pretty prominent program.” Rose said

“It’s always fun to be considered by a SEC conference school, maybe (I’m) one of the better prospects in the nation.” Rose added

NOTE: Just received a text message after talking to Michael that he received an offer from USC. We will try to reach Michael at a later date about the USC offer.

Huskerjournal

Iowa In The Running

“I love Iowa Coach Kirk Ferentz and Coach Eric Johnson and the whole coaching staff is very, very sincere.” Rose said

“They want me pretty bad I’ve got e-mails almost every day from coach Ferentz and Johnson how they want to use me stuff like that.” Rose said

“Come To The Sky Box”

“I really, really love going up to Iowa talk to Coach Ferentz, that’s the first time I ever got to sit down (with a coach) that surprised me. I showed up they told me to come to the Sky Box. That was a great experience to do that.” Rose said

Huskerjournal

I wonder if they broke down their stellar off-season workout program for Michael. ZING!!!!

Impressed With Arkansas Offer

“They are an attraction to the SEC I guess. I like Arkansas I like Coach Garrick McGee I’ve talked to him a couple of times. Arkansas is one of the schools I didn’t really think I would get much attention from. It’s really cool to get recruited by Arkansas. It’s a pretty prominent program.” Rose said

Huskerjournal

Good lord...

Guess it ain't ever too early to set in with this crap.