SIGNED LB Michael Rose

Rose... is a steal for us. He is the gem of this class along with Westerkamp thus far. Period. He'll play as a true freshman if he can grasp the calls and the mental aspect of the game. Can you imagine Nebraska having 2 Levonte David's on the field at the same time.... we could have that with our LB corps soon. 2 or 3 sick players on the field.

:facepalm:

Can we back off the hype for one recruiting cycle?

I don't see a problem with what she said. Rose is a very good player as is Zaire and that could lead us to having two guys like Lavonte at the backer spots at the same time.

Rose... is a steal for us. He is the gem of this class along with Westerkamp thus far. Period. He'll play as a true freshman if he can grasp the calls and the mental aspect of the game. Can you imagine Nebraska having 2 Levonte David's on the field at the same time.... we could have that with our LB corps soon. 2 or 3 sick players on the field.

I don't see a problem with what she said. Rose is a very good player as is Zaire and that could lead us to having two guys like Lavonte at the backer spots at the same time.

Every year we have a group of guys that could lead us to something...the vast majority of which lead us nowhere ;). Rose certainly looks to be a spectacular player - but to compare him to one of the best linebackers in the last couple of decades and imply we'll have not one, but 2 or 3 on the field is a slap in the face to David...and likely sets yourself up for disapointment. We've had 1 in the last 15 years, why would we have 3 in the next couple years? IMO, this kid hasn't earned a thing in D1 yet, when he does then we start the hype.

• Fire 2

Every year we have a group of guys that could lead us to something...the vast majority of which lead us nowhere ;). Rose certainly looks to be a spectacular player - but to compare him to one of the best linebackers in the last couple of decades and imply we'll have not one, but 2 or 3 on the field is a slap in the face to David...and likely sets yourself up for disapointment. We've had 1 in the last 15 years, why would we have 3 in the next couple years? IMO, this kid hasn't earned a thing in D1 yet, when he does then we start the hype.

i understand what you are saying, but the key word is COULD. I'm not saying it will happen, neither was she, but it might. When was the last time we have had a recruit play that good in an all star game. That is what gives me hope that Rose could be as good as Vonte in the future.

Exactly. The hype is counter-productive. When a player like Marlon Lucky comes in and everyone agrees that he will be the next Mike Rozier . . . it's not fair to the player. If they have a solid but un-spectacular career they are then labeled a bust or a failure.

Rose looks good but odds are that he will never be as good as David.

Well with Rose, Zaire, and Santos, we could have 3 Lavonte's chuckleshuffle

Without comparisons to Vonte, us having 3 athletically superior LBs on the field vs the product last season will yield better results.

i think david showed us in year 1 how far "true athleticism" can get you. I do like where compton ended up this year though. He won't fill David's shoes...but I'm hopefully with Compton and 2 gifted athletes on the field...the linebacker unit as a whole will be equal if not superior.

what these highlights don't show a lot of is coverage skill. david held his own in the backfield. can these guys?

I don't think people understand how special David really was. I would say he's as special at the LB spot as Sue was on the line. The kid is such a gifted individual it isn't funny. And meeting with him a few times he appears to be an even better person. You instantly like him.

• Fire 1

I don't think people understand how special David really was. I would say he's as special at the LB spot as Sue was on the line. The kid is such a gifted individual it isn't funny. And meeting with him a few times he appears to be an even better person. You instantly like him.

+1. Agreed. Much like Suh . . . there probably won't be a "next LaVonte David."

Well if your name was Sue, you better be a special player. :P

If we're lucky there will never be another player like Austin Cassidy. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Ya. I have no problem with the kid, but I cannot believe there wasn't someone better than him to play!! He was on Big Red Wrap Up this week, and dude has to do something with his curly ass long hair. He looks like a girl! It really doesn't help with his looks!!

Supposedly Rose tweeted today "I got some GREEEEEEAAATTT news ssshhh can't tell." This has been talked about quite well today on the Huskers rival page.

I follow Rose but I've never seen this posted so I wonder if he took it down. A lot are assuming it's Alonzo Moore who's suppose to announce his college choice on the 1st even though he already has his school picked out. Others are speculating that its Diggs but an insider on the Rivals page said its not Diggs. Others think its Peat because Rose was twitting Peat all day yesterday or something like that I guess.