SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

Rivals now lists his top 3 as:

Arkansas

Nebraska

Oklahoma

If we get Charles, would he be considered a "relevent recruit" that UT claims we can never pull from Texas????????????????

If Texas offers, then yes. Even if Texas claims they didnt want/didnt need him it still would be a huge recruiting vistory consider he has offers from Florida, Oklahoma. I read on shaggybevo that if they miss on AG/Jermauria Rasco then they will offer charles. Think about it EZ, Tevin Mitchel, Aaron Green, Charles Jackson those are 3 out of the top 20 texas porspects!

I know man. If we get him here on 10/16 our chances increase tenfold IMO. You forgot one though. Jamal Turner. We could possibly pull 20% of the Texas top 20 out of there this cycle. I would put money that we get at least 3... ;)

If we get them Ketch would probably drop them in favor of horn commits. He's like that.

Or Chip Brown would write some ridiculous story about them.

Rivals now lists his top 3 as:

Arkansas

Nebraska

Oklahoma

If we get Charles, would he be considered a "relevent recruit" that UT claims we can never pull from Texas????????????????

If Texas offers, then yes. Even if Texas claims they didnt want/didnt need him it still would be a huge recruiting vistory consider he has offers from Florida, Oklahoma. I read on shaggybevo that if they miss on AG/Jermauria Rasco then they will offer charles. Think about it EZ, Tevin Mitchel, Aaron Green, Charles Jackson those are 3 out of the top 20 texas porspects!

I know man. If we get him here on 10/16 our chances increase tenfold IMO. You forgot one though. Jamal Turner. We could possibly pull 20% of the Texas top 20 out of there this cycle. I would put money that we get at least 3... ;)

If we get them Ketch would probably drop them in favor of horn commits. He's like that.

Or Chip Brown would write some ridiculous story about them.

Probably truth to both statements. They are like Mack Brown's Nazi propaganda writers.

Sounds like we will get an official before he makes his decision.

I like our chances then. The only team that scares me is OU. I think if Charles was going to get a UT offer he would have gotten it by now.

I agree, OU is worrying me. I hope he notices the amount of depth they got and notices the openings we will have.

Sounds like we will get an official before he makes his decision.

I like our chances then. The only team that scares me is OU. I think if Charles was going to get a UT offer he would have gotten it by now.

I agree, OU is worrying me. I hope he notices the amount of depth they got and notices the openings we will have.

The thing is that we have comparable depth. Hopefully he wants to come here and compete everyday.

corner is actually one of the positions that i feel like could be depleted (possibly a little over the top) in a few years unless we recruit well in the next couple of years. Prince is a senior along with Hagg and Gomes. Dennard will be a senior next year and could possibly leave after this year. If that happens who do we have? Middleton (soph), Mitchell, Evans, Green and who else? I might be missing someone but Blue is pretty much done with his second torn ACL. At this point nobody out of that group has done anything. If history has proven anything Sanders will have his unit ready but if one of those guys leaves or gets injured that leaves 3 corners on schollie. One more doesn't develop properly and we are down to 2. I'm not saying we aren't sitting in a good position or the position is in trouble, just that if we don't land a couple big fish in the next couple of classes we could possibly be in trouble going forward.

corner is actually one of the positions that i feel like could be depleted (possibly a little over the top) in a few years unless we recruit well in the next couple of years. Prince is a senior along with Hagg and Gomes. Dennard will be a senior next year and could possibly leave after this year. If that happens who do we have? Middleton (soph), Mitchell, Evans, Green and who else? I might be missing someone but Blue is pretty much done with his second torn ACL. At this point nobody out of that group has done anything. If history has proven anything Sanders will have his unit ready but if one of those guys leaves or gets injured that leaves 3 corners on schollie. One more doesn't develop properly and we are down to 2. I'm not saying we aren't sitting in a good position or the position is in trouble, just that if we don't land a couple big fish in the next couple of classes we could possibly be in trouble going forward.

evans and green are supposedly looking pretty good. that said, we do need to get a couple good ones this year. shouldn't hurt that our secondary is getting some hype.

i believe dijon washington was moved to corner and looks really good.

Good to hear, friend. I was beginning to worry Washington would become a bust and just another guy that never works his way onto the depth chart. I know two years really isn't enough time to start judging a player, but having several freshman contribute the last few years has spoiled us. Washington was a four star recruit and I'm just really hoping he'll pan out and be a good one for us.

This would be a huge get if we can pull Jackson out of Texas as well. Two of,if not the top two DB's out of Texas. However, I think Boomer will be tough to beat out with Charles. Mr. Santos time to start chirpping in Mr. Jackson's ear. Hopefully a great showing by Prince and Denard will also help our case.