Doc's Hire

Thought I would check out Huskerboard to see what Husker fans thought about Doc's hire... the fact that there was not even a topic started yet says it all. Personally, I was disappointed in the hire until I did some more reading around. I'm a little more satisfied. I think (and my opinion isn't worth much, as I've never been involved with college basketball other than watching), THINK, that he has potential to be an up-and-comer. Yes, Wes has been around a little while, but he's kinda been hiding in the small colleges. Looking at his record and reading his quotes/others' quotes about him, I think he has the potential to blossom now that he's at a BCS school. HOPEFULLY, he ends up a great head coach somewhere someday and we look back and say "remember when he was hired at NU? he must have been one of the reasons doc was able to get that thing turned around." altho given Nebraska's track record, I won't hold my breath.

actually I will hold my breath, but I may be dumb for doing it!

I listened to him on Sports Nightly this evening. He sounded pretty confident that he can make an immediate impact on the program. I am anxious for the Nebraska basketball staff to get this program above the middle of the pack in the Big 12. There have been a lot of promises in the past.. I trust Doc will get things rolling this year.

http://www.redstatereport.com/