Greetings from Missouri. What We're Hearing from about Expansion...

I really have a feeling were going to the big 10. But, isn't the main reason we want to leave is because of Texas' and their selfish ways? So if they get invited why do Missouri and Nebraska still want to go

?

Because in that scenario we'd assume that Texas is willing to share everything equally like the rest of the members do. No imbalance of power would exist in the Big Ten.

since when are we for equal distribution of tv money? we never have been for that at NU, we and Texas take the lion's share and if we didn't like it that way we'd be charitable I'm sure.

I really have a feeling were going to the big 10. But, isn't the main reason we want to leave is because of Texas' and their selfish ways? So if they get invited why do Missouri and Nebraska still want to go

?

Because in that scenario we'd assume that Texas is willing to share everything equally like the rest of the members do. No imbalance of power would exist in the Big Ten.

since when are we for equal distribution of tv money? we never have been for that at NU, we and Texas take the lion's share and if we didn't like it that way we'd be charitable I'm sure.

It'll be a moot point if we jump to the Big Ten. Everything is shared equally across the board, both academically and athletically. If we end up staying in the Big 12, then it'll be business as usual.

?

NU was 5th in the last released info on revenue sharing - though it was 2007 . This does not include gate, concessions, merchandise and pay-per-view.

The last year revenue data was made public was 2007, and here's who earned how much, according to the Omaha World-Herald:

1. Texas: $10.2 million

2. Oklahoma: $9.8 million

3. Kansas: $9.24 million

4. Texas A&M: $9.22 million

5. Nebraska: $9.1 million

6. Missouri: $8.4 million

7. Texas Tech: $8.23 million

8. Kansas State: $8.21 million

9. Oklahoma State: $8.1 million

10. Colorado: $8.0 million

11. Iowa State: $7.4 million

12. Baylor: $7.1 million

espn blog

?

NU was 5th in the last released info on revenue sharing - though it was 2007 . This does not include gate, concessions, merchandise and pay-per-view.

The last year revenue data was made public was 2007, and here's who earned how much, according to the Omaha World-Herald:

espn blog

SO if we would do equal revenue sharing in the Big 12 we would have lost about 600k. Texas would have lost 1.7 mill as where Baylor would have made 1.6 more. They would have averaged 8.5 million. Cant remember what the Big 10 gets but its alot more then 8.5 million.

?

espn blog

SO if we would do equal revenue sharing in the Big 12 we would have lost about 600k. Texas would have lost 1.7 mill as where Baylor would have made 1.6 more. They would have averaged 8.5 million. Cant remember what the Big 10 gets but its alot more then 8.5 million.

See quote below for your answer.

Last year, schools received roughly $9 million each from the conference's deal with ABC/ESPN and another $7 million to $8 million from the BTN. Add revenue from bowl games, the NCAA basketball tournament and licensing, and you arrive at the estimated $22 million-a-year distribution figure that's the envy of every Division I school outside the Southeastern Conference.

LINK

?

espn blog

See quote below for your answer.

Last year, schools received roughly $9 million each from the conference's deal with ABC/ESPN and another $7 million to $8 million from the BTN. Add revenue from bowl games, the NCAA basketball tournament and licensing, and you arrive at the estimated $22 million-a-year distribution figure that's the envy of every Division I school outside the Southeastern Conference.

LINK

The things going in at Dear old NU should make some realize this Big 10 thing is no fluke. The new sports arena has been voted in. The new research facilities at the old fairgrounds. Now the stadium expansion.. Already??? Coincidence? I dont think so. This is all steps to the Big 10... Making comparable athletic and academic facilities.. I say it has been in the works longer than we've known....