Anybody pick this game up? Its made by Rockstar games who are also the makers of the Grand Theft Auto series. To be honest I haven't even heard of this game till a few days ago and decided to check out a video of it last night and was REAL IMPRESSED with this game. I'll be picking it up tonight after work and playing it late since its my friday at my full time job. I'm also looking forward to the multiplayer. Heres a clip of the weapons and game play.

I would say that I can't wait to play RDR, but I should say that I can't wait to add it to my backlog. I am a sucker for free roam games.

I ordered mine from Gamestop.com instead of going to the store. Right now, a code of 25DEAL will get you 25% off of any order over $100, and a code of SAVER will get you free shipping. With two $60 games, this is basically buy one get one 50% off. I ordered both RDR and Alan Wake.

Anybody pick this game up? Its made by Rockstar games who are also the makers of the Grand Theft Auto series. To be honest I haven't even heard of this game till a few days ago and decided to check out a video of it last night and was REAL IMPRESSED with this game. I'll be picking it up tonight after work and playing it late since its my friday at my full time job. I'm also looking forward to the multiplayer. Heres a clip of the weapons and game play.

So? How is it?

So? How is it?

ITS FREAKIN UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I've only played it for roughly 6 hours in 4 days because I've been busy extending my driveway and getting things packed up and priced for our garage sale.From what I've played so far its addicting and hard to put the controller down. I was playing till 2 in the morning because of how addiciting it can be and had to wake up around 8 to start on my driveway lol.

I've killed and captured several wanted outlaws and I've done several mini missions as well as the main missions. The Dead Eye feature is an epic feature but I rarely use it and comes in handy if you're trying to gun down 3 or more outlaws at once or while your riding as a passanger on a horse carriage and you got like 3 or more outlaws gaining up on you and you want to slow down the pace and take out all three. I'm getting better at aiming and just had an awesome battle with some gang at a small ghost town of Tumbleweed and got to shot a few guys off of buildings.

Graphics and the sound are top notch and I enjoy this game more than GTA4, maybe it because its a western, I don't know. I've killed tons of deer, wolfs, cougars, snakes and sold them for money. I was riding my horse back into the town of Armadillo in the dark while it was storming out and the lighting that is cast on the cactus, dessert bushes, and your charcter from the lightning are unbelieveable. I got to save a hooker from getting stabbed to death but arrived to late at another one.

There was this mini mission where I had to help a rancher save his wife from a gang of outlaws and by the time I got down killing them she had died from being hanged so I shot the rope to free here and watched the husband run to her body weeping and then I killed him and stole his money :lol:.

If you haven't bought this game you are missing out and is one title that you cannot miss. Everybody on my friends list is either playing MW2 or playing Red Dead Redemption about 80% of them are playing Red Dead Redemption. I'm gonna finish playing as a good guy and build up my fame and honor but then I'll start a whole new game as an Outlaw and build up my wanted reward

Did either one of you play the first one?

I haven't played the first one. Was it any good? Since it came out in 2004 I was nose deep into Socom 2 and rarely played any other games.

The first Red Dead was a good, but flawed title. The main reason being that Rockstar wasn't the company that originally developed the game. They purchased the game from Capcom when they choose to drop it. After which Rockstar just added a few zany characters, an awful multi-player mode, and slapped on a shiny coat of paint before shipping it out.

While I personally enjoyed the first game, I have been waiting very patiently for a sequel (or hell any good western game for that matter) that would make up for the rushed job that "Revolver" became.

Between Red Dead and the new Prince of Persia title, I should have a full schedule of summer of gaming ahead of me! :thumbs

• Fire 1

Between Red Dead and the new Prince of Persia title, I should have a full schedule of summer of gaming ahead of me! :thumbs

Amen brother except I won't be picking up Prince of Persia...that one I might have to rent. I'll be picking up the new UFC game on the 25th of May and then the upcoming College Football game.

so i had no idea this game was free roam and modeled a little after Fable (the choice of good or bad). I didnt mind the one I had years ago on PS2, but i will for sure picking up this game.

After reading this thread and a few online reviews, I am definitely going to rent this game. I'm already buying two games within the next week (UFC 2010 Undisputed and Backbreaker) so my funds are low. I love games like this, its just a matter of me getting into it enough to justify the purchase.

so i had no idea this game was free roam and modeled a little after Fable (the choice of good or bad). I didnt mind the one I had years ago on PS2, but i will for sure picking up this game.

After reading this thread and a few online reviews, I am definitely going to rent this game. I'm already buying two games within the next week (UFC 2010 Undisputed and Backbreaker) so my funds are low. I love games like this, its just a matter of me getting into it enough to justify the purchase.

I feel ya. You could make an arguement that video games are a more expensive habit then drug use. :lol: $60 a pop and so many choices!! :madash

I feel ya. You could make an arguement that video games are a more expensive habit then drug use. :lol: $60 a pop and so many choices!! :madash

Check cheapassgamer.com. I haven't paid more than $45 for a brand new release since I found this site. There are always sales and specials, you just have to look for them.

Check cheapassgamer.com. I haven't paid more than $45 for a brand new release since I found this site. There are always sales and specials, you just have to look for them.

WILL DO!! Thanks for the heads up

hi.jpg

Graphics and the sound are top notch and I enjoy this game more than GTA4, maybe it because its a western, I don't know. I've killed tons of deer, wolfs, cougars, snakes and sold them for money. I was riding my horse back into the town of Armadillo in the dark while it was storming out and the lighting that is cast on the cactus, dessert bushes, and your charcter from the lightning are unbelieveable. I got to save a hooker from getting stabbed to death but arrived to late at another one.

Better watch out for that killer cacti. ;)