WR Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Actually SJB has no redshirt he is a straight four for four guy.

And as far as SJB for some playing time, he obviously doen't know the playbook yet. IN FACT, Gilmore has already said as much. Said has a ton of talent but is lost in between those pages. AND we know that Gilmore will not play a kid if he doesn't "trust" him knowing what is going on. If thus wasn't the case, Meno Holt would have played all the time since day one, Curenski would have more than Sun Belt highlights and SJB would probably been playing by now.

This offense as we have disected over and over again is fairly complicated. Young talent has had to ride the pine byding their time. It is more deeper than run the post. The receivers must know every route audible that any defensive look may change their said route too. And don't forget our WR's must be strong blockers, especially the way the offense appears to be heading. Think of any Taylor, Roy, or Rex long run and I am sure Paul, Kinnie, or McNiell are dominating some DB on the play to spring it.

So I guess big bro, not knocking the kid at all if he is a freak athletically or a balla, but obviously the light upstairs ain't kicking in yet. Remember two things, it took Kinnoe 4/5 of last year to finally get it and there has been many a receiver that we as fans have screamed to be on the field only to watch them stand on the sidelines and just hand out high fives.

Again not any kind of a personal attack on the kid, it is just the way Gilmore opperates and he probably won't sniff the field until these issues are resolved.

good post - and Kinnie had a couple of years at one of the top JUCO programs. SJB had 1 year on the sidelines. I personally would be very suprised to see SJB on the field much this year. If I was his big bro, I would help him eat that humble pie...and definately do everything I can to avoid fueling any such emotions or thoughts that revolve around "the coaches don't know best" - because I can guarentee you where that will get him.

... I doubt they'll go back and update the rankings. He would have been a high 3* or low 4* based on his measurables and catching ability, but I highly doubt we'll ever see the stars next to his name... this kid is a diamond in the rough though and with or withou Rivals, Scout, or ESPN's opinion... he sends us over Mizzou's class... our class was better... our coaches will develop our talent better... so we beat Mizzou fair and square...

This 2011 class is looking like it's gonna end with at least 10 :star :star :star :star and if Aaron has a good senior season and he comes our way he's very apt to bump up to a :star :star :star :star :star by the end of the season... I predict in February we'll sign 12-15 :star :star :star :star and one :star :star :star :star :star

We could end up 2 :star :star :star :star :star if we can get Ray Drew too. Man im loving this recruiting class more and more as time goes on....

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...