WR Stanley Jean-Baptiste

I am so excited to see SJB on the field. The fact that Cooper worked his way up to significant playing time by the end of last season proved our lack of whatever at wide receiver. The is playing time there for SJB and I'm hoping he takes it and makes the most of it.

Don't worry he will take advantage of it for real

Thanks for posting big bro! So what does Stanley think of Nebraska? Is he really excited?

He really likes it he just hopes they opening up the passing game wit him and the other wr corp talent there

Check out this video of Brion Carnes throwing on the run. NU will have dual threat Qb's(Carnes, Bubba Starling) that will be able to get the ball downfield. Bo will make sure we aren't one dimensional. Welcome to you and your little brother. The next 4 years are going to be amazing. Brion is one of many QB's battling to take this team back to number 1. As I watched this again today, Brion reminds me of Turner Gill. Gill is my favorite NU QB.

oh i know he's a good QB went to some of his games this year great arm on him

I am so excited to see SJB on the field. The fact that Cooper worked his way up to significant playing time by the end of last season proved our lack of whatever at wide receiver. The is playing time there for SJB and I'm hoping he takes it and makes the most of it.

Thanks for posting big bro! So what does Stanley think of Nebraska? Is he really excited?

He really likes it he just hopes they opening up the passing game wit him and the other wr corp talent there

Welcome to HuskerBoard, big bro. :thumbs

Looking forward to watching SJB. The sooner he master's the playbook, the better his chances of seeing some quality playing time. I'm pulling for him and hope you're right about him. I wouldn't be mad if he did make an immediate impact this year. We need all the help we can get from our WR corp.

Best of luck to the young man.

yep u aint lying hard its hard dats why he'll be up a week early just to start learning da plays

Check out this video of Brion Carnes throwing on the run. NU will have dual threat Qb's(Carnes, Bubba Starling) that will be able to get the ball downfield. Bo will make sure we aren't one dimensional. Welcome to you and your little brother. The next 4 years are going to be amazing. Brion is one of many QB's battling to take this team back to number 1. As I watched this again today, Brion reminds me of Turner Gill. Gill is my favorite NU QB.

This is really good film. I've never seen this one before. He reminds of a poor man's Dennis Dixon

• 5 weeks later...

Big Bro:

Any word from Stan on how things are going? thanks

things are lookin real good workin wit da first team offense learnin da plays thursday is where it counts pad up day for sho

Translation: Things are looking really good. He's working with the first team offense and is learning the plays. Thursday is very important being the first day of pads. Go Huskers.

Big Bro:

Any word from Stan on how things are going? thanks

things are lookin real good workin wit da first team offense learnin da plays thursday is where it counts pad up day for sho

Translation: Things are looking really good. He's working with the first team offense and is learning the plays. Thursday is very important being the first day of pads. Go Huskers.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

i dont think he is running first team already. thats very very unlikely imo...

there's a big difference between working with the first team offense and being first team. i don't know exactly how they run their practices, but if there is a group of 5-6 kids "working with the first team", it wouldn't be too shocking for him to be one of them. i also would presume that the kid's brother might have a little more of a scoop on what's happening at practice than most here.

as it stands, after niles and kinnie, we've got a couple of guys that are likely to see the field in khiry cooper and curenski. that's it. sure, the other guys could be great (and i do expect to see brokemeier on the field in some capacity), but there's no reason to think that SJB couldn't already be our 5th or 6th best receiver.

there's a big difference between working with the first team offense and being first team. i don't know exactly how they run their practices, but if there is a group of 5-6 kids "working with the first team", it wouldn't be too shocking for him to be one of them. i also would presume that the kid's brother might have a little more of a scoop on what's happening at practice than most here.

as it stands, after niles and kinnie, we've got a couple of guys that are likely to see the field in khiry cooper and curenski. that's it. sure, the other guys could be great (and i do expect to see brokemeier on the field in some capacity), but there's no reason to think that SJB couldn't already be our 5th or 6th best receiver.

Yeah, I'd say with 23 WR's on the roster (maybe more) there could easily be 6-7 on the "first team" - He has a HUGE gap to cover between himself and cooper/gilleylen. Knowing the playbook is VERY important in this offense, and you don't learn that overnight. I think we saw that with Kinnie last year - athletism alone will not earn you playing time. By the end of the year he was a solid contributer though.

Also, if he's a 4 for 4 guy why is he listed as a sophmore on the roster?

Yeah, I'd say with 23 WR's on the roster (maybe more) there could easily be 6-7 on the "first team" - He has a HUGE gap to cover between himself and cooper/gilleylen. Knowing the playbook is VERY important in this offense, and you don't learn that overnight. I think we saw that with Kinnie last year - athletism alone will not earn you playing time. By the end of the year he was a solid contributer though.

Also, if he's a 4 for 4 guy why is he listed as a sophmore on the roster?

yea i hear you thats true about working with the first team or being on it well right now wr spot is wide open for #1-whatever and the roster was cut down to 105 today so they're not that most wideouts on the roster now also he is still a redshirt-freshman the equt. people didnt login his info right they goin change it