WR Stanley Jean-Baptiste

yea i hear you thats true about working with the first team or being on it well right now wr spot is wide open for #1-whatever and the roster was cut down to 105 today so they're not that most wideouts on the roster now also he is still a redshirt-freshman the equt. people didnt login his info right they goin change it

Wide open #1? That would be news to me (and most of husker nation). I guess in the spirit of "competition" anyone can take that #1 spot so it could "technically" be wide open...but with a possible 1st rounder on the roster, Paul will have to fumble a lot of footballs at 5 yard line to lose that spot. His blocking ability alone should cement him at the top. After that I see Kinnie @ 2 and McNeill will fill up the slot for the 5-10 yard dink & dunk game. Seems to me as though the roster is fairly deep, and breaking into that top 5 early in the season is a long shot. I wouldn't complain if he did though.

yea i hear you thats true about working with the first team or being on it well right now wr spot is wide open for #1-whatever and the roster was cut down to 105 today so they're not that most wideouts on the roster now also he is still a redshirt-freshman the equt. people didnt login his info right they goin change it

Wide open #1? That would be news to me (and most of husker nation). I guess in the spirit of "competition" anyone can take that #1 spot so it could "technically" be wide open...but with a possible 1st rounder on the roster, Paul will have to fumble a lot of footballs at 5 yard line to lose that spot. His blocking ability alone should cement him at the top. After that I see Kinnie @ 2 and McNeill will fill up the slot for the 5-10 yard dink & dunk game. Seems to me as though the roster is fairly deep, and breaking into that top 5 early in the season is a long shot. I wouldn't complain if he did though.

Maybe we can run some 4 and 5 WR sets on 3rd and 5. T-Mart is in the shotgun and he hits the open receiver or runs for the 1st down. Just a thought. Anyone know the projected depth chart of our WR's and TE's going into fall camp?

I dont know how they run practice but from what ive heard Bo's philosophy has always been that untill he sets the depth chart all #1 jobs are up for the taking . Whoever earns it gets it . So it seems realistic that hed get some reps to try and prove himself.

technically yes, but it's safe to say guys like Crick, Prince and Niles will start regardless of how others do in fall camp.

Oh i understand that and im not saying that he would beat out the other WR's , i was just saying that him getting some reps with the 1st team at this point was realistic.

no one's disagreeing with the "reps" part - it's the part where the #1 WR spot is wide open. That is one of 5-6 positions that is fairly solidified going into fall...regardless of the "compete for your spot every day" thing Bo preaches.

Oh i understand that and im not saying that he would beat out the other WR's , i was just saying that him getting some reps with the 1st team at this point was realistic.

no one's disagreeing with the "reps" part - it's the part where the #1 WR spot is wide open. That is one of 5-6 positions that is fairly solidified going into fall...regardless of the "compete for your spot every day" thing Bo preaches.

I took the earlier discussion to mean a #1 WR spot is up for grabs, not the #1 WR - if that makes sense.

I took the earlier discussion to mean a #1 WR spot is up for grabs, not the #1 WR - if that makes sense.

i dont really care what number he is on the chart as long as he can catch the ball burn the secondary and make some f'ing plays

CHHEEheee

:koolaid2:

• 1 month later...

I was watching the Baylor vs. KU game and saw that on the D-line for Baylor was the name Jean-Baptiste I was just curious if that was his brother or relative? If this was already stated in this thread sorry didn't feel like looking through all three pages.

dont know but i noticed that during the washington game the guy was often hanging out by himself waaaay at the end of the bench...... kinda weird

I was watching the Baylor vs. KU game and saw that on the D-line for Baylor was the name Jean-Baptiste I was just curious if that was his brother or relative? If this was already stated in this thread sorry didn't feel like looking through all three pages.

dont know but i noticed that during the washington game the guy was often hanging out by himself waaaay at the end of the bench...... kinda weird

hmm I remember them showing jean baptiste a few times and he was always talking to somebody

hmm I remember them showing jean baptiste a few times and he was always talking to somebody

thats awesome.. maybe for some reason that game was diffrent.. but the guy was literally by himself for a lot of the game i saw... just lurking

thats awesome.. maybe for some reason that game was diffrent.. but the guy was literally by himself for a lot of the game i saw... just lurking

Every time I saw Jean-Baptiste during the Washington game, he was sitting next to Taylor Martinez while Taylor looked at overhead stills. Pretty smart place to sit IMO.