Hangover Cures

I woke up yesterday and felt like a rabid wolverine was trying to claw its way out of my forehead. Went downstairs around 5:00 am and made myself my standard hangover cure:

Large Glass

1/2 Full Skim Milk

1/2 Full V8 Splash Strawberry Banana

Full Scoop of Slimfast Chocolate Powder

800mg of Ibuprofen

This does the trick for me every time. The combo of the big glass of liquids, vitamins from the juice, milk, and powder, and then the drugs takes the headache away every time - or at least makes it bearable. Sleep is recommended afterward for optimal results.

Got any strange combinations you concoct to make the pain go away?

I did a big project in college on the chemistry behind hangovers. Clear liquors and light beers are supposed to give you a lesser hangover, but that's not always the case (especially if you drink a whole handle of cheap vodka!).

Ibuprofen + Bloody Mary + Huevos Ranchero (or your favorite spicy/greasy Mexican dish)

One of my friends takes a bunch of vitamins and a beer. I tried it once and vommed all over, which did make me feel better, but probably not in the way it was intended.

"We have a saying around here. No brains, no headache." - Luke, Out Cold

I also recommend drinking as much water as you can stomach before you go to sleep. It's easier to throw up water and it'll start rehydrating you over night.

water and two Ibprofen right before you go to bed. Of course it's hard to remember to do that sometimes. But I've woken up the next morning just fine many times.

i prescribe to the drink as much water as you can method as well. Not gatorade-the sugars will only intensify the headache like too many fruity tooty cocktails.

Water before you go to sleep... gatorade the next day though... it will actually rehydrate you better... it's the only thing that helped me the day after my 21st, and i didn't start drinking it til later that night.... everything else came straight up...

i prescribe to the drink as much water as you can method as well. Not gatorade-the sugars will only intensify the headache like too many fruity tooty cocktails.

Water before you go to sleep... gatorade the next day though... it will actually rehydrate you better... it's the only thing that helped me the day after my 21st, and i didn't start drinking it til later that night.... everything else came straight up...

Vitamin Water also has a good one called Revive. Actually I'm drinking one right now.

Vitamin Water also has a good one called Revive. Actually I'm drinking one right now.

Yes. That. Also Excedrin Migraine before you go to sleep or just after you wake up.