WR Patrick Onwuasor

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an offer from USC.

So you're saying the 4th star should be tacked on shortly?....

Believe it or not, Kent Turene was initially a 4* when he committed to USC over the summer. Then in September, Rivals updated their star rankings and dropped him to a 3*. Scout on the other hand had him as a 3* but boosted him to 4* in September.

Moral of the story: Rivals hates USC now but Scout still loves them.

Believe it or not, Kent Turene was initially a 4* when he committed to USC over the summer. Then in September, Rivals updated their star rankings and dropped him to a 3*. Scout on the other hand had him as a 3* but boosted him to 4* in September.

Turene was definatly worth the 4* ranking, but rivals is sometimes a little wacky with their rankings (see tyler moore).

Turene was definatly worth the 4* ranking, but rivals is sometimes a little wacky with their rankings (see tyler moore).

All of those scouting services are wacky. It's not an exact science. I was just throwing out some hyperbole for perspective in Turene's case for the giggles.

All of those scouting services are wacky. It's not an exact science. I was just throwing out some hyperbole for perspective in Turene's case for the giggles.

Very true, they all are weird and I think ESPN is the worst at it, in my opinion.

Very true, they all are weird and I think ESPN is the worst at it, in my opinion.

Put it this way, they're all equally fallacious in their methods. But as fans we'll love whichever service gives our guys the highest stars/rankings. Case in point, ESPN has Kevin Williams as a 4* but Rivals & Scout doesn't. On the flipside, Rivals & Scout has Tyler Moore as a 4* but ESPN doesn't.

Meh, whatever....

Put it this way, they're all equally fallacious in their methods. But as fans we'll love whichever service gives our guys the highest stars/rankings. Case in point, ESPN has Kevin Williams as a 4* but Rivals & Scout doesn't. On the flipside, Rivals & Scout has Tyler Moore as a 4* but ESPN doesn't.

Meh, whatever....

Whatever is right, not something I should wrap my head around....give me a migraine.

Honestly I don't buy into the star hype or ratings too much. I was doing a little research of my own yesterday and found the Rivals ratings of all of the Huskers current starters (I was uncertain of a few of our starting linemen so I took ones I know have significant playing time). The Huskers average a 5.6 :star:star:star on offense and defense. Our coaches recognize and see the potential in players and they know how to use it.

Meh, whatever....

Whatever is right, not something I should wrap my head around....give me a migraine.

I hear ya. I'm happy with whoever our staff gets. They have their reasons for going after the guys that they want. I'll take whoever they get and more importantly I want guys who WANT to be Huskers. Which is why Jamal Turner is such an impressive kid because he seems to REALLY WANT to be a Husker. Give me 20 Jamal Turner's not because of his rankings, but because of his attitude.

• Fire 1