OLB Keeon Virgile

It is down to UNC and Nebraska though.

I'm trusting our coaches can get him here.

Agreed, they will send in Beck before signing day to close the deal.

Oh no it's the Darian Bryant pro/con list all over again. Go to work with some of the best defensive minds in football or potentially have to deal with NCAA coming downon UNC.

Butch Davis is also a hell of a closer when it comes to recruiting, and is not that shabby of a defensive mind in his own right. This could be tough

Ya know what I have been thinking about this LB problem that seems tobe showing its ugly head. Keep the heat on Virgile, the Jenkins deal will work itself out but I am not holding my breath. So where do you look for another LB this late in the process? I say start 25 miles to the southwest, to the Class B champs, the Crete Cardinals. Borck Sherman is the guys name and was just an absolute beast this year. He has good size and decent speed(hell he was the Class B All State RB). If the Ruud's were worthy(especially Bo) then I definitely think Brock is. U can see him playing the same way, or even like former Hawkeye LB Chad Greenway. I think there is that much potential in the guy.

It is down to UNC and Nebraska though.

I'm trusting our coaches can get him here.

Agreed, they will send in Beck before signing day to close the deal.

Oh no it's the Darian Bryant pro/con list all over again. Go to work with some of the best defensive minds in football or potentially have to deal with NCAA coming downon UNC.

Butch Davis is also a hell of a closer when it comes to recruiting, and is not that shabby of a defensive mind in his own right. This could be tough

Bryant will be a West Virginia Mountaineer.

He gave the visit an 8, the weather didn't help.

He also was joking around with Bo and Beck during his visit.

I'm sorry but if most of this kids want to play in the next level they'll need to man up and play in colder environments. Look at both the AFC and NFC games today both were played below 30 degrees.

Player: Keeon Virgile

Hometown: North Miami Beach, FL

School: North Miami Beach HS

Position: OLB

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 215

40 time: 4.6

Scholarships: Bowling Green, Florida Intl., Georgia, Kansas, Kansas St., Minnesota, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Purdue, South Florida, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Western Michigan

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star

It is tough to get a read on this potential player. He is listed at three very different weights --- anywhere from 191 pounds to 215 to 225. He is either 6 feet tall or 6 feet two. He is either a two star (scout) rated #136 at his position! or An un-ranked mid-three star from rivals. He has schools like Bowling Green, Florida International and Western Michigan after him... but also UNC and Georgia too. So... it is hard to know just what is up with this young mans actual potential.

We'll see how it rolls. He did not give NU that good a grade after his visit ... an 8 on a scale of 10 (where it seems 90% of visitors almost anywhere give a 10 or a 9 as their grade).

Who knows? We do... however, need an LB and having one as opposed to not having one is well... better. Maybe this is the guy.