"An offer has been made"

Just watching ESPNU, and at approximately 7:32 Pat Ford (or Horde) something like that, said that an offer has been made or an invitation has been given to Nebraska and Missouri by the Big 10. In addition, the Pac 10 has been given the go ahead to expand and the Texas schools are saying they want Baylor to be the 6th team. Guess it's going to be the Big XII South heading out.

Sorry if this is more of the same, but I just felt like giving info I heard that it's becoming more official.

Well, technically Nebraska and any other school would have to apply to the Big 10 and go through an acceptance process. The best thing the Big 10 could do is let it be known through backdoor channels that "If you applied, we would accept you."

I know it's a semantic difference, but it's the way the process works.

FWIW, HN, a very solid poster, at the Buckeye forums I frequent, has said an "impeccable" source stated that NU has received an invitation. Knappic is correct about the procedures; however, that tends to be a formality AFTER acceptance is understood.

Edit: I should note that this doesn't mean that anything will come of it immediately. Timing could be days or a couple weeks. There's a LOT of stuff that has to get worked out.

Just watching ESPNU, and at approximately 7:32 Pat Ford (or Horde) something like that, said that an offer has been made or an invitation has been given to Nebraska and Missouri by the Big 10. In addition, the Pac 10 has been given the go ahead to expand and the Texas schools are saying they want Baylor to be the 6th team. Guess it's going to be the Big XII South heading out.

Sorry if this is more of the same, but I just felt like giving info I heard that it's becoming more official.

If Texas is acting that way, if I was the Pac 10 commissioner I would put my foot down and say "Baylor is not apart of the deal, you either take the invites with Colorado, or not. I'm running the Pac 10, not Texas."

If Texas is acting that way, if I was the Pac 10 commissioner I would put my foot down and say "Baylor is not apart of the deal, you either take the invites with Colorado, or not. I'm running the Pac 10, not Texas."

Yes. But sadly no. The Pac 10 will do exactly what the old Big 8 did. Drool over the expanded market and possible dollars, and compromise common sense for greed.

Yes. But sadly no. The Pac 10 will do exactly what the old Big 8 did. Drool over the expanded market and possible dollars, and compromise common sense for greed.

"Once, twice, three times a lady conference destroyer"

No kidding. So do you think we will finish in the top 2 or 3 of Big Ten conference play our first year? I think we will be atleast top 3. Can't wait to give Ohio St. a run for their money. :thumbs

Seeing as I'm a Buckeye by birth, but married into Husker Nation... I really look forward to some epic battles. I may just have to make the maiden voyage to accompany my Bucks at Memorial Stadium. The NU administration may have to consider expanding to accommodate the Buckeye Faithful. :D

No kidding. So do you think we will finish in the top 2 or 3 of Big Ten conference play our first year? I think we will be atleast top 3. Can't wait to give Ohio St. a run for their money. :thumbs

Seeing as I'm a Buckeye by birth, but married into Husker Nation... I really look forward to some epic battles. I may just have to make the maiden voyage to accompany my Bucks at Memorial Stadium. The NU administration may have to consider expanding to accommodate the Buckeye Faithful. :D

That's in the plans

Hmmm, if he's going to roll over that easy for them, he must've read Dan Beebe's "How to be a Conference Commish" book. Still cannot get over what a tool that dude is.