Big 10 Message Boards

I think it is the best forum there is for OSU, but I really don't like that place (the people) at all. I have considered making my own Buckeyes forum/website.

Some of the posters are "douchey"; however, I find that it is one of the most knowledgeable sites.

I agree - I especially like the fact that the assistant OSURFC head coach is a regular on the forum... But if I were making a comparison between forums and television shows, buckeyeplanet would be Jersey Shore, no doubt.

I think it is the best forum there is for OSU, but I really don't like that place (the people) at all. I have considered making my own Buckeyes forum/website.

Some of the posters are "douchey"; however, I find that it is one of the most knowledgeable sites.

I agree - I especially like the fact that the assistant OSURFC head coach is a regular on the forum... But if I were making a comparison between forums and television shows, buckeyeplanet would be Jersey Shore, no doubt.

It is not about "douchiness" (I made a word!), it is about the fact that BuckeyePlanet is a user owned and operated forum. We police our own. If you post intelligently you will be adored. If you are a douche we have no problem telling you. It definitely is the most knowledgeable board, and the most free from teenage kids acting like douches with no facts to back up their arguments. It is the anti-douche board. If you have an intelligent argument, just be sure to either be witty or have facts to back it up. Or include a hot picture of your mom (she is hot). Whatever.

Sincerely,

Douchey poster from BP.

(Honestly though, people are easy there. :) And the board is huge, with many topics beyond football, and it welcomes and respects fans from other conferences. Also, the word "douche" doesn't show up much there, which I think says something. :D )

I wouldn't equate it to Jersey Shore in the slightest, but you've obviously had a different experience than me.

It is not about "douchiness" (I made a word!), it is about the fact that BuckeyePlanet is a user owned and operated forum. We police our own. If you post intelligently you will be adored. If you are a douche we have no problem telling you. It definitely is the most knowledgeable board, and the most free from teenage kids acting like douches with no facts to back up their arguments. It is the anti-douche board. If you have an intelligent argument, just be sure to either be witty or have facts to back it up. Or include a hot picture of your mom (she is hot). Whatever.

Sincerely,

Douchey poster from BP.

(Honestly though, people are easy there. :) And the board is huge, with many topics beyond football, and it welcomes and respects fans from other conferences. Also, the word "douche" doesn't show up much there, which I think says something. :D )

I should qualify my "douchy" comment. In no way, shape or form is that even 5% of our membership base. However, every place has tools and douches who just can't talk well because their heads are so far up their rears. I wouldn't be paying money on a monthly basis to support a second-rate forum. I'd go to the much easier ESPN boards. ;)

I wouldn't equate it to Jersey Shore in the slightest, but you've obviously had a different experience than me.

Sincerely,

Douchey poster from BP.

I should qualify my "douchy" comment. In no way, shape or form is that even 5% of our membership base. However, every place has tools and douches who just can't talk well because their heads are so far up their rears. I wouldn't be paying money on a monthly basis to support a second-rate forum. I'd go to the much easier ESPN boards. ;)

I made a thread inquiring about the strengths of the Big Ten and its perception around the nation, and I was given warning by moderators and harassed for being a troll, despite having positive "rep" or whatever and having about fifty posts. None of them even comprehended what I was talking about. By "police our own", they clearly just mean throw a bunch of sh#t around and make noise. I'm a f'ing Ohio State student for crying out loud. I prefer the temperament of this board much better.

• Fire 1

Sincerely,

Douchey poster from BP.

http://www.ohiostate.scout.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mavric unpinned this topic