reality setting in

don't know about you, but for me this is a sureal moment. At 43, I have followed this team since I was a baby. living across the street from Bob Devaney and our extended family owning the Big Red shop across the street from the stadium for years and having been to games all over the big 8 and big 12. I am going to deeply miss the Big12 conference schools. I am going to miss leavng KC and getting to a game inside 3 hours anywhere in the North. While I am very excited about our future, I will deeply miss places and all the fun I have had in placed like Ames, Manhattan, Lawrence, Columbia. And I wish them and their fans all the luck in the world.

I'd like to hear from a PSU fans perspective on this. 18 years ago, they joined the Big 10. What is it like to play different teams all of the sudden? Is there a sense of loss from not seeing the familiar faces? I feel that coming on for me.

i think we'll get over it during the first big game of the season..... new rivalries will replace old ones and i think we will be/ the school academicly/ and the Athletic department will all be all right....

don't know about you, but for me this is a sureal moment. At 43, I have followed this team since I was a baby. living across the street from Bob Devaney and our extended family owning the Big Red shop across the street from the stadium for years and having been to games all over the big 8 and big 12. I am going to deeply miss the Big12 conference schools. I am going to miss leavng KC and getting to a game inside 3 hours anywhere in the North. While I am very excited about our future, I will deeply miss places and all the fun I have had in placed like Ames, Manhattan, Lawrence, Columbia. And I wish them and their fans all the luck in the world.

I feel your pain but my situation is almost exactly opposite. I currently live in Indianapolis and rarely get to go to games. That all changed for me today and I can't even describe how excited I am!! Several Big 10 schools are within a few hours of me. IU, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Columbus, and even East Lansing and Ann Arbor. Also, it will be awesome not having a regional Big 10 game on ABC have priority over the Huskers anymore! Go Big Red!!!

I feel your pain but my situation is almost exactly opposite. I currently live in Indianapolis and rarely get to go to games. That all changed for me today and I can't even describe how excited I am!! Several Big 10 schools are within a few hours of me. IU, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Columbus, and even East Lansing and Ann Arbor. Also, it will be awesome not having a regional Big 10 game on ABC have priority over the Huskers anymore! Go Big Red!!!

Kansas City is taking this VERY hard..a very real and legitimate disappointment and sense of loss. nobody necessarily disagrees with the decision, but we potentially have KU, KState and MU with no where to go if Texas schools bolt for the PAc10. For most of my life, this was the heart of so much good Big8/Big12, now the radio stations are talking about this being college flyover country..... why the hell we werent out trying to build the Big 12 instead we back ourselves into a corner to hunker down and defend ourselves.,...good job Dan Beebe.

Wherever we go, we're still Nebraska. The N will never die.

You guys just became THE TEAM of the entire BigTen Conference. Enjoy it!

The entire country will worship you as BigTen Champions headed to the Rose Bowl to kick the crap out of the Pac-10 team.

Enjoy the feeling.

Granted, this is if you beat Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, Penn State.

Wherever we go, we're still Nebraska. The N will never die.

You guys just became THE TEAM of the entire BigTen Conference. Enjoy it!

The entire country will worship you as BigTen Champions headed to the Rose Bowl to kick the crap out of the Pac-10 team.

Enjoy the feeling.

Granted, this is if you beat Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, Penn State.

Well we did play arizona last year, who beat USC, who slapped Ohio State around (in columbus) and made them look like a bunch of girls...

you can youtube the highlights of that game if you search '2009 Holiday bowl.'

I'm pretty sure Ohio state beat iowa, penn state AND mechicken

Seriously, why does everyone in the big10 have such an erection for michigan? Even clownahan beat them. sheesh!

Yeah I'm kind of in mourning today...love the move...excited for it but definitly feeling some emotions for the other former big8 schools (texas can burn). My first husker game was in Lawrence and I was wondering now about tv coverage as ABC might have to play regional coverage first which could be KU games (assuming mountain west takes them and goes BCS)....of course that's what the internet is for...

Seriously, why does everyone in the big10 have such an erection for michigan?

Because Michigan is still one of the pillars of college football.

If we disrespect Michigan because recently they've been on a down cycle, then Nebraska merits no respect, either. Michigan and Nebraska are similar in that we are both long-standing powerhouse teams, iconic in our success, and enjoying nationwide popularity. We are brand names like Coke and Pepsi. Just because they've been down recently doesn't mean they'll be down forever, or for very much longer. They will rise back up and take their rightful place among the elite of college football, just like we are striving to do right now after a down cycle.

Well we did play arizona last year, who beat USC, who slapped Ohio State around (in columbus) and made them look like a bunch of girls...

you can youtube the highlights of that game if you search '2009 Holiday bowl.'

I'm pretty sure Ohio state beat iowa, penn state AND mechicken

Seriously, why does everyone in the big10 have such an erection for michigan? Even clownahan beat them. sheesh!

Well we know you did NOT watch the Ohio State/USC game last year! 18-15 winning on a last minute drive...yeah that's HARDLY slapping someone around like a little bunch of girls. USC took it to us big time in the 2008 matchup when they beat us at the coliseum 35-3 but anyone who knows football knows USC didn't dominate last years game whatsoever. That game was lost by Tressel with his "kick a FG instead of scoring TD's" theory while Carroll went on 4th downs regardless of the placement. You might wanna get level headed and not become like Michigan fans who thought it was their' right of passage just because of the name of the University. Cause if you think you're coming in the Big Ten and just gonna own teams like Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan(if they improve) then you got a serious rude awakening coming. These aren't no doormat teams. I know plenty of Husker fans who aren't thinking in this type of light and to them i say "Welcome to the Big Ten" and i'm esctatic for the future of this conference with Nebraska joining. Hopefully Mizzou, Kansas, and ND come join too...i hope

Yeah I'm kind of in mourning today...love the move...excited for it but definitly feeling some emotions for the other former big8 schools (texas can burn). My first husker game was in Lawrence and I was wondering now about tv coverage as ABC might have to play regional coverage first which could be KU games (assuming mountain west takes them and goes BCS)....of course that's what the internet is for...

As far as TV goes, we all know what is driving college sports is money. I can no longer drive easily all over the conference, but I do have 60" plasma and guess what I am getting...yep, Big 10 Network. a true life application of how important a Big 12 Network might have been to this conference...