When do we get our Hockey team????

WCHA is where it's at. Mich were a bunch of pansies and left, because they couldnt handle our awesomeness.

Seriously though, if the Big 10 created their own hockey league, that would screw over a bunch of teams with some long history. I mean, Minnesota and Michigan each have like 5 division 1 schools that play in their division. The two Colorado and North Dakota teams also get boned in this scenario.

Hockey is one of those sports that you might have a good argument for leaving those teams where they are at, and if Nebraska, or anyone else decides to play hockey, they could do like they could have done all along and apply to join a division. Then again, the Big Ten could look at it and see there is more money to be made by creating a Big Ten conference for Hockey...and capitalize on the television revenue.

I dont know about the other schools, but Gopher hockey games are televised, and while most of the games are on FSN, there are a several on the big 10 network. So creating a big 10 hockey division likely wont mean more revenue for Minnesota's hockey program, and, anyways, Minnesota actually makes money off of its hockey program. I know its the same for Wisconsin, and probably Mich as well

I follow UNO Maverick hockey, and like someone already said, there's no Big 10 hockey league. Hockey conferences are completely different. In fact, UNO was in the same conference as Ohio State and Michigan until this last season, and now they themselves realigned with a different conference that includes Wisconsin and Minnesota.

that would be sweet, if you guys got a hockey team we have a bunch of canadians up here in manitoba that would love to be cornhuskers!! University of Minnesota will not recruit canadians i find it pretty funny so outside of UND you guys could cash in a TON of talent up here.

The other schools dont really have an issue with recruiting out-of-state talent though. And our all Minnesota born roster tradition died when Luccia became our coach, though the vast majority of players still are Minnesotans.

The Huskers do have a hockey team but its not sponsored by the athletic department:

http://www.huskerhockey.com/

Interesting looking at the teams on their schedule. though I'm going to guess that "University of Wisconsin" is not the Wiscy varsity team...

I would LOVE for the Huskers to have an official team! getting to watch Husker Hockey on the B10 network... dare to dream!

WCHA is where it's at. Mich were a bunch of pansies and left, because they couldnt handle our awesomeness.

Seriously though, if the Big 10 created their own hockey league, that would screw over a bunch of teams with some long history. I mean, Minnesota and Michigan each have like 5 division 1 schools that play in their division. The two Colorado and North Dakota teams also get boned in this scenario.

I'm with you. The WCHA is where it is at...but I'm a DU grad. The CCHA is even close to the conference the WCHA is.

I follow UNO Maverick hockey, and like someone already said, there's no Big 10 hockey league. Hockey conferences are completely different. In fact, UNO was in the same conference as Ohio State and Michigan until this last season, and now they themselves realigned with a different conference that includes Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I don't think this is correct. UNO isn't in the same conference as Min or Wisc