Height: 6'3"

Weight: 180

40 time: 4.63

Scholarships: Connecticut, Nebraska, Tulane, Wisconsin

:bigredn:

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star (#89)

I'd love to get a big tall WR like this. Except our WRs might be shorter than our future QB. ;)

sounds like UCONN moved on top... :blink:

well its easy for other schools to point out the sometimes lacking Nebraska recieving game.............. or role that that our recievers play

well its easy for other schools to point out the sometimes lacking Nebraska recieving game.............. or role that that our recievers play

it wasn't about that, he likes our style of offense, it's proximity and he grew up watching them

it wasn't about that, he likes our style of offense, it's proximity and he grew up watching them

well i guess the ucant staff also most likely might have pointed it out to them... but then again i dont know why you would want to go to school there with their weak fan base and crummy league where as nebraska will be competing in a strong conference and competing for NC's..... but oh well

lets see how it turns out

Player: Taariq Allen

Hometown: Weston, MA

School: Rivers School

Position: WR

Committed to Connecticut

According to Rivals teaser, NU is back in the picture. Is this a good thing?

Player: Taariq Allen

Hometown: Weston, MA

School: Rivers School

Position: WR

Committed to Connecticut

According to Rivals teaser, NU is back in the picture. Is this a good thing?

No, because we can use his scholly to get a better player. He looks like a walk-on to me.

Sounds like a kid who made a commitment to a bad program and is backtracking to join us because of our ranking.

not nessisarliy a bad thing... unless your only a 5.5 star on rivals???

if the staff wants him i guess we've made worse choices in the past right??

This whole situation makes me feel like we are trying to get in on some sloppy 2nds from another school.

This whole situation makes me feel like we are trying to get in on some sloppy 2nds from another school.

or maybe we still dont get a lot of quality recievers who want to give us looks... so we have to take what we can get when we get it or how we get it........ it sucks but we still haven't really shaken that stigma yet......

Taariq isnt really sloppy seconds, we were recruiting him pretty heavily before he committed to UCONN.

Officially decommitted from UCONN, and now has Nebraska as his leader. Look for a visit from Taariq sometime in the next month or so.

Officially decommitted from UCONN, and now has Nebraska as his leader. Look for a visit from Taariq sometime in the next month or so.

that was quick........

Our WR class might fill up quick. Evans, Allen, Onawsour, Denham all still ahve interest in Nebraska.

O.k. I'm glad this kid finally came to his senses but what in the world was that whole UCONN thing about could someone please help me with that one.

O.k. I'm glad this kid finally came to his senses but what in the world was that whole UCONN thing about could someone please help me with that one.

uconn is a decent program (particularly for having just become D1 a decade ago), has a good coach and is near his home. not exactly a baffling decision. glad he's reconsidering it though.

uconn is a decent program (particularly for having just become D1 a decade ago), has a good coach and is near his home. not exactly a baffling decision. glad he's reconsidering it though.

well at least he is considering us... my guess is he is as pretty close to a lock as we are gonna get this recruiting season......

well at least he is considering us... my guess is he is as pretty close to a lock as we are gonna get this recruiting season......

I would have to agree, he and evans will be fighting for the last WR spot in this class.

Nebraska is the clear number 1 for him. He is visiting at the end of November.

We'll see if the coaches still want. From what I've heard, he's not the highest on our recruiting board. Makes me wish there was some sight to check whether our coaches are actually still recruiting kids. Although, at this point, I don't know how many other receivers we're legitimately in on, besides Onuwasser. We'll see how things go.

Nebraska is the clear number 1 for him. He is visiting at the end of November.

We'll see if the coaches still want. From what I've heard, he's not the highest on our recruiting board. Makes me wish there was some sight to check whether our coaches are actually still recruiting kids. Although, at this point, I don't know how many other receivers we're legitimately in on, besides Onuwasser. We'll see how things go.

well i wonder if TA knows all of this......

Haha yeah he does. He knows that committing to the Huskers right now is pointless because we have 2 guys to fill one spot. He mentioned the fact he knew that there was a possibility that there might not be a spot for him.

Haha yeah he does. He knows that committing to the Huskers right now is pointless because we have 2 guys to fill one spot. He mentioned the fact he knew that there was a possibility that there might not be a spot for him.

well you know i like him a little more..... given that the staff told him all of this and he is still high on us makes you believe that the staff would love to have this kind of guy on the team if things work out......

well you know i like him a little more..... given that the staff told him all of this and he is still high on us makes you believe that the staff would love to have this kind of guy on the team if things work out......

He could gray shirt if he really wanted to play for Nebraska.

Welcome to the family Mr. Allen, and we might be done with WR's.

How many spots do we have open for a WR and also who is filling them besides TA? Thanks

1-2 spots from what I have heard, and Daniel Davie will play WR.

How many spots do we have open for a WR and also who is filling them besides TA? Thanks

You sure about that? I've heard they want Davie at safety.

Now lets get Aaron Green, and Charles Jackson N this week and really celebrate.

Wouldn't be shocked if he decommits as the recruiting process continues down the road. I think he knows that too so we will see what happens.

Thanks, Who else is high on us that we want to get to fill those remaining spots.

You sure about that? I've heard they want Davie at safety.

Since Gilmore has been talking to him the most, I would think the staff wants him at WR.

We can never manage to get any "big name recievers" here, but what do you do. Maybe we should get someone other than gilmore.

Congrats though

At the risk of sounding cliche when it comes to "star gazing" since there is always an exception that proves the rule, but it should be noted that a certain WR from Oklahoma State was only a 5.6 :star :star :star out of high school. Prince Amukamara himself would probably scream blasphemy at that ranking. ;)

Justin Blackmon

I think they take Patrick Onwasour if he wants N. He's too good not to take... He's one of those big time playmakers that would be great on the field with Enunwa and Baptiste. So I think the staff takes 1 more in Onwasour if he wants N but that's it! Whether Davie plays safety or WR will depend on whether Lyons and Jackson want N. If both of them want N then Davie plas WR, if neither want N I think we see Davie play DB. Where he goes is gonna depend on how te recruitment of the other guys plays out.

I think they take Patrick Onwasour if he wants N. He's too good not to take... He's one of those big time playmakers that would be great on the field with Enunwa and Baptiste. So I think the staff takes 1 more in Onwasour if he wants N but that's it! Whether Davie plays safety or WR will depend on whether Lyons and Jackson want N. If both of them want N then Davie plas WR, if neither want N I think we see Davie play DB. Where he goes is gonna depend on how te recruitment of the other guys plays out.

Jackson is a CB, but maybe Davie does play defense but I think hes going to be a wideout when all said and done.