SIGNED WR Taariq Allen*

Nexus

I think they take Patrick Onwasour if he wants N. He's too good not to take... He's one of those big time playmakers that would be great on the field with Enunwa and Baptiste. So I think the staff takes 1 more in Onwasour if he wants N but that's it! Whether Davie plays safety or WR will depend on whether Lyons and Jackson want N. If both of them want N then Davie plas WR, if neither want N I think we see Davie play DB. Where he goes is gonna depend on how te recruitment of the other guys plays out.

Our WR corps actually sets up nicely the next few years, if you think about it. Niles obviously leaves after this year, which means (unless he continues to prove me wrong the rest of the year like he did last week) less big plays, along with less blown plays and fumbles. He's still a huge loss, a definite deep threat as a receiver and an excellent blocker, an underrated quality considering the offense we now run. Blocking as a WR is a must. Mike will also be sorely missed. Unfortunately, it's been slow going for him adapting into our adjuster role this year, but he's picking up steam and showing why he's got some of the most trusted hands on the team.

Then we have Kinnie, an absolute stud and in my mind a better receiver than Paul, who will be a senior next year. I believe Gilleylen will also be a senior next year, finally. Seems like he's been around forever, probably just because his combo of speed and unreliable hands make him such a tease. If he could somehow find his way onto the field and our coaches can do something to fix his hands (STICK EM! ;) ), he could help next year.

After Brandon, we have unproven talent, but said talent has a lot of upside. Kyler Reed is flashing some serious ability this year. Reeling in two long bombs from Taylor for TD's. Looks like that speed we saw in the spring game last year was no fluke...I see him becoming Taylor's go-to deep threat in the future. Enunwa managed to find his way onto the field as a true frosh. A good sign... let's just hope we don't look back on his first year as a wasted one, ala Paul's or (woulda been w/o med RS) Suh's first years. Antonio Bell is gone, and I felt he coulda been a good receiver for us, seeing him make some really good plays in that same spring game, but oh well. Khiry Cooper can be a heck of a receiver for us, if he proves he's physical enough to stand up to being a WR in D1 (he's kind of wiry yet). Hopefully he really focuses in on football and steps up. Also, obviously, SJB is just waiting for his turn in the wings. He'll get his chance soon. I could also see Marlowe becoming a Wes Welker type of slot guy for us, if he puts it all together as a WR and not just kick returner. Whatever contribution we get from him is big though, as a lot of people dogged his commitment to us as being just b/c he was from Cardinal Mooney. I'd say it was good use of a scholarship... better than another "special teams maven," Mason Wald. I also hope Steven Osborne can somehow contribute... I was high on both the Osborne twins when the committed... Just big, athletic kids, and Steven in particular is built like Mo Purify/Kinnie and I thought could be a great, physical receiver for us.

don't forget about kenny bell and rex out of the backfield has been a really good receiver (glossing over the texas game)

I think we'll be fine at wr

kenny bell is a guy i'll be waiting to see get on the field........ have heard good things about him so far

• 4 weeks later...

<SNIP>

Our <SNIP>

don't forget about kenny bell and rex out of the backfield has been a really good receiver (glossing over the texas game)

I think we'll be fine at wr

kenny bell is a guy i'll be waiting to see get on the field........ have heard good things about him so far

Really? what sort of good things have you been hearing? I believe you, just want some info!

Taariq has natural instincts and great hands, that is more important than his current muscular definition. The nutrition and weight program for our football program can take care of that stuff. He is a great get no doubt.

• 1 month later...

People have just been excited for me, said Allen, a receiver out of Boston. Its not been anybody saying, Nebraska? Why are you going to Nebraska? Its more been people saying, Youre helping put Boston high school football on the map.

Nebraska is looked at as such a high-profile program that the majority of people around here are excited for him, said Rich Fisher, Allens coach at The Rivers School in Weston, Mass. I dont think theres any negativity for him packing up and going to Nebraska. Its no different than a kid leaving Florida or Texas or California. Its the nature of the beast kids pack up and leave home

To be honest, Allen fell into the Huskers lap when Fisher brought him to an NU camp last June. Fisher had previously gotten to know Nebraska coach Bo Pelini when Pelini was an NFL assistant coach at New England and Fishers best friend, Ted Johnson, was playing for the Patriots

Link

People have just been excited for me,” said Allen, a receiver out of Boston. “It’s not been anybody saying, ‘Nebraska? Why are you going to Nebraska?’ It’s more been people saying, ‘You’re helping put Boston high school football on the map.

Nebraska is looked at as such a high-profile program that the majority of people around here are excited for him,” said Rich Fisher, Allen’s coach at The Rivers School in Weston, Mass. “I don’t think there’s any negativity for him packing up and going to Nebraska. It’s no different than a kid leaving Florida or Texas or California. It’s the nature of the beast — kids pack up and leave home

To be honest, Allen fell into the Huskers’ lap when Fisher brought him to an NU camp last June. Fisher had previously gotten to know Nebraska coach Bo Pelini when Pelini was an NFL assistant coach at New England and Fisher’s best friend, Ted Johnson, was playing for the Patriots

Link

wonder who the other two big time guys the coach has are..........

but he is right its all about connections......