SIGNED WR Taariq Allen*

Nexus

I think they take Patrick Onwasour if he wants N. He's too good not to take... He's one of those big time playmakers that would be great on the field with Enunwa and Baptiste. So I think the staff takes 1 more in Onwasour if he wants N but that's it! Whether Davie plays safety or WR will depend on whether Lyons and Jackson want N. If both of them want N then Davie plas WR, if neither want N I think we see Davie play DB. Where he goes is gonna depend on how te recruitment of the other guys plays out.

Our WR corps actually sets up nicely the next few years, if you think about it. Niles obviously leaves after this year, which means (unless he continues to prove me wrong the rest of the year like he did last week) less big plays, along with less blown plays and fumbles. He's still a huge loss, a definite deep threat as a receiver and an excellent blocker, an underrated quality considering the offense we now run. Blocking as a WR is a must. Mike will also be sorely missed. Unfortunately, it's been slow going for him adapting into our adjuster role this year, but he's picking up steam and showing why he's got some of the most trusted hands on the team.

Then we have Kinnie, an absolute stud and in my mind a better receiver than Paul, who will be a senior next year. I believe Gilleylen will also be a senior next year, finally. Seems like he's been around forever, probably just because his combo of speed and unreliable hands make him such a tease. If he could somehow find his way onto the field and our coaches can do something to fix his hands (STICK EM! ;) ), he could help next year.

After Brandon, we have unproven talent, but said talent has a lot of upside. Kyler Reed is flashing some serious ability this year. Reeling in two long bombs from Taylor for TD's. Looks like that speed we saw in the spring game last year was no fluke...I see him becoming Taylor's go-to deep threat in the future. Enunwa managed to find his way onto the field as a true frosh. A good sign... let's just hope we don't look back on his first year as a wasted one, ala Paul's or (woulda been w/o med RS) Suh's first years. Antonio Bell is gone, and I felt he coulda been a good receiver for us, seeing him make some really good plays in that same spring game, but oh well. Khiry Cooper can be a heck of a receiver for us, if he proves he's physical enough to stand up to being a WR in D1 (he's kind of wiry yet). Hopefully he really focuses in on football and steps up. Also, obviously, SJB is just waiting for his turn in the wings. He'll get his chance soon. I could also see Marlowe becoming a Wes Welker type of slot guy for us, if he puts it all together as a WR and not just kick returner. Whatever contribution we get from him is big though, as a lot of people dogged his commitment to us as being just b/c he was from Cardinal Mooney. I'd say it was good use of a scholarship... better than another "special teams maven," Mason Wald. I also hope Steven Osborne can somehow contribute... I was high on both the Osborne twins when the committed... Just big, athletic kids, and Steven in particular is built like Mo Purify/Kinnie and I thought could be a great, physical receiver for us.

Gonna have to disagree on the loss of the deep threat (at least I hope this works out). Kyler Reed is starting to show up in games. It seems that TM has some confidence in him as well and is giving him more looks. KR is fast, has good hands and is getting over his fear of taking a hit. He can stretch the field and (again hopefully) pull DBs and linebackers out of the box. I'm interested to see how many chances he gets in the rest of the season.

agree - i don't see Niles as much of a deep threat. Most of his longer catches have been because of the yards after the catch. (which he's great at) It's not as though he gets behind defenses. He can't catch the ball if it sails more then 30 yards anyway. Case in point: his drop against Oklahoma St at the end zone. Right though his hands. He doesn't seem to track the ball well.

Maybe TM just needs to quit throwing him such perfect passes, and underthrow him a little so he has to come back for it. Seemed to work with Okie Lite against Prince, and Niles is big enough to win those battles most of the time.

He is now but Bo is notorious for taking guys who played CB or S in high school and throwing them into a DB category and switch them back in forth in college... Look at Gomes, he was a CB then played some safety and now plays some LB, Bo cross trains all his DB's to play and understand all of the 6 Spots on the field. So yes Charles Jackson is projected as a CB but Bo will throw him in the mix and play him at the position where he works best in the system.

True, but with Aaryn Bouzos and Damion Stafford already on board at the S position I see Tevin and (if we get) charles at corner to be another prince/fonzie like tandom. And with Nebraska still in play with Wayne Lyons that would be a 3rd safety, IF he decides to come here.

hmmmm interesting....

well disreguard what I said then, diareaha of the mouth I guess.

According to BigWillie the staff is looking to put Bouzos at CB instead.

No biggie. ;)

I just remember Willie pointing it out in Bouzos thread awhile back.

I'm not in the know as much as Willie but I can confirm that everything I've heard puts Bouzos at CB. Obviously things can change but that's what I've heard.

taariq1.jpg

Taariq needs to hit the training table as soon as he gets here.

You know with our training facilities and coaches that we will get him to where he needs to be. I say by the time fall camp roles around he is up to 200 pounds easy. And I think we will either redshirt or greyshirt him(depending on how the rest of our class turns out), and by 2012 spring practice he is exactly where the coaches want him as far as his physical frame.

taariq1.jpg

You know with our training facilities and coaches that we will get him to where he needs to be. I say by the time fall camp roles around he is up to 200 pounds easy. And I think we will either redshirt or greyshirt him(depending on how the rest of our class turns out), and by 2012 spring practice he is exactly where the coaches want him as far as his physical frame.

Hide the wives and daughters, kid is a good looking kid. I got a mancrush on him.

Welcome aboard. You will win a MNC during your career at NU.

taariq1.jpg

Hide the wives and daughters, kid is a good looking kid. I got a mancrush on him.

Um...no comment.

taariq1.jpg

You forgot to include this emoticon: :hitit

taariq1.jpg

You forgot to include this emoticon: :hitit

Mainly b/c schuhbdoo wouldn't HIT it, he'd treat Tariq gentle as the first freshly bloomed rose in the Irish country side, dripping wet with the dew of a new morn... Sweet and gentle.

There. Try and get that, the most homoerotic analogy ever made on Huskerboard, out of your head. Dare ya.