SIGNED WR Taariq Allen*

Nexus

Welcome, Taariq!

I'd like to see another solid WR pick-up in this class.

Agreed, I am very happy to have Taariq simply because I see him as an unpainted canvas...our coaches can make him into whatever they want. But after today (when we land AG), Patrick Onwuasor is the guy I want most.

wow lionsfan you must think really highly of Patrick. I see guys still available like Todd Peat, Wayne Lyons, Charles Jackson, Keith Lewis and about five more DE's that we need. I would love to get him too but there are a lot bigger fish to fry at this point than WR. I think we HAVE to get a top tier DE in this class. We didn't get one in last years class and with Allen gone we'll have Ankrah, Meredith and Williams at the end spots. I haven't heard anything about the frosh that came in this last year but none of them were too great on film-I'm holding out great hope for Okuyemi though.

Welcome, Taariq!

Agreed, I am very happy to have Taariq simply because I see him as an unpainted canvas...our coaches can make him into whatever they want. But after today (when we land AG), Patrick Onwuasor is the guy I want most.

unpainted canvas? - Gilmore is far from an artist, he just smears around finger paint.

Welcome, Taariq!

unpainted canvas? - Gilmore is far from an artist, he just smears around finger paint.

I'm not saying Gilmore, but our strength and conditioning coache are.

I think we HAVE to get a top tier DE in this class. We didn't get one in last years class and with Allen gone we'll have Ankrah, Meredith and Williams at the end spots. I haven't heard anything about the frosh that came in this last year but none of them were too great on film-I'm holding out great hope for Okuyemi though.

i expect vestal to be a good one. we do need to get at least one good end this year though, and two would be nice.

I think we HAVE to get a top tier DE in this class. We didn't get one in last years class and with Allen gone we'll have Ankrah, Meredith and Williams at the end spots. I haven't heard anything about the frosh that came in this last year but none of them were too great on film-I'm holding out great hope for Okuyemi though.

i expect vestal to be a good one. we do need to get at least one good end this year though, and two would be nice.

Agreed. We have, what, 6 spots left? Hobbi, Jackson, Peat Jr, Hayes, Adeyanju, and Onwuasor sounds about ideal to me.

Isn't a 29" vertical kinda low for a receiver? He has good size and decent speed,hopefully he has good hands.

But, when your 6'3" or 6'4" and going against DB's that are 5'11" or shorter you really dont need a 40 inch vertical.

Isn't a 29" vertical kinda low for a receiver? He has good size and decent speed,hopefully he has good hands.

But, when your 6'3" or 6'4" and going against DB's that are 5'11" or shorter you really dont need a 40 inch vertical.

Plus he looks like he has cornstalks for legs. Once we get some meat on him, his vertical will go up I'm sure.

P.S. I love the new updated most wanted

Plus he looks like he has cornstalks for legs. Once we get some meat on him, his vertical will go up I'm sure.

P.S. I love the new updated most wanted

thank you sir. :thumbs

wow lionsfan you must think really highly of Patrick. I see guys still available like Todd Peat, Wayne Lyons, Charles Jackson, Keith Lewis and about five more DE's that we need. I would love to get him too but there are a lot bigger fish to fry at this point than WR. I think we HAVE to get a top tier DE in this class. We didn't get one in last years class and with Allen gone we'll have Ankrah, Meredith and Williams at the end spots. I haven't heard anything about the frosh that came in this last year but none of them were too great on film-I'm holding out great hope for Okuyemi though.

I do think of PO very highly. I see a playmaker in this guy. WRs, in my opinion, are the weakest part of our team. We seem to be turning this around over the last few seasons.

I think they take Patrick Onwasour if he wants N. He's too good not to take... He's one of those big time playmakers that would be great on the field with Enunwa and Baptiste. So I think the staff takes 1 more in Onwasour if he wants N but that's it! Whether Davie plays safety or WR will depend on whether Lyons and Jackson want N. If both of them want N then Davie plas WR, if neither want N I think we see Davie play DB. Where he goes is gonna depend on how te recruitment of the other guys plays out.

Our WR corps actually sets up nicely the next few years, if you think about it. Niles obviously leaves after this year, which means (unless he continues to prove me wrong the rest of the year like he did last week) less big plays, along with less blown plays and fumbles. He's still a huge loss, a definite deep threat as a receiver and an excellent blocker, an underrated quality considering the offense we now run. Blocking as a WR is a must. Mike will also be sorely missed. Unfortunately, it's been slow going for him adapting into our adjuster role this year, but he's picking up steam and showing why he's got some of the most trusted hands on the team.

Then we have Kinnie, an absolute stud and in my mind a better receiver than Paul, who will be a senior next year. I believe Gilleylen will also be a senior next year, finally. Seems like he's been around forever, probably just because his combo of speed and unreliable hands make him such a tease. If he could somehow find his way onto the field and our coaches can do something to fix his hands (STICK EM! ;) ), he could help next year.

After Brandon, we have unproven talent, but said talent has a lot of upside. Kyler Reed is flashing some serious ability this year. Reeling in two long bombs from Taylor for TD's. Looks like that speed we saw in the spring game last year was no fluke...I see him becoming Taylor's go-to deep threat in the future. Enunwa managed to find his way onto the field as a true frosh. A good sign... let's just hope we don't look back on his first year as a wasted one, ala Paul's or (woulda been w/o med RS) Suh's first years. Antonio Bell is gone, and I felt he coulda been a good receiver for us, seeing him make some really good plays in that same spring game, but oh well. Khiry Cooper can be a heck of a receiver for us, if he proves he's physical enough to stand up to being a WR in D1 (he's kind of wiry yet). Hopefully he really focuses in on football and steps up. Also, obviously, SJB is just waiting for his turn in the wings. He'll get his chance soon. I could also see Marlowe becoming a Wes Welker type of slot guy for us, if he puts it all together as a WR and not just kick returner. Whatever contribution we get from him is big though, as a lot of people dogged his commitment to us as being just b/c he was from Cardinal Mooney. I'd say it was good use of a scholarship... better than another "special teams maven," Mason Wald. I also hope Steven Osborne can somehow contribute... I was high on both the Osborne twins when the committed... Just big, athletic kids, and Steven in particular is built like Mo Purify/Kinnie and I thought could be a great, physical receiver for us.

don't forget about kenny bell and rex out of the backfield has been a really good receiver (glossing over the texas game)

I think we'll be fine at wr