General McChrystal Blasts Obammma Team

He'll be losing his job, but it's nice that he's pointing out that Obamma and team should go back to being community organizers on the South Side. But, in defense of The Community Organizer, Obamma gave McChrystal a lot of the resources he wanted for Afghanistan.

---

By MATTHEW ROSENBERG in Kabul and PETER SPIEGEL in Washington

U.S. Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the top allied commander in Afghanistan, prepared to head to Washington Tuesday and issued a public apology for reportedly mocking Vice President Joe Biden and other senior administration officials in a magazine article due out later this week.

The eight-page article in this week's issue of Rolling Stone is titled "The Runaway General" and portrays Gen. McChrystal and his staff as rogues with little regard for Washington officials from President Barack Obama on down.

Gen. McChrystal, 55 years old, is directly quoted accusing the U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan, Karl Eikenberry, of undermining his efforts. His aides are quoted anonymously mocking National Security Adviser James Jones, suggesting that an event in France was "gay," and saying the commander has been disappointed with what is perceived to be lukewarm support from Mr. Obama and other administration officials.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704853404575322354071542896.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

Top Afghan commander summoned to Washington

By ANNE GEARAN and JULIE PACE (AP) – 1 hour ago

WASHINGTON — The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan has been summoned to Washington to explain his controversial comments about colleagues in a recent interview, Obama administration officials said Tuesday.

The officials say Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who has issued an apology for his comments, has been ordered to attend the monthly White House meeting on Afghanistan and Pakistan in person Wednesday rather than over a secure video teleconference, so he can discuss his comments with President Barack Obama and top Pentagon officials.

The officials spoke condition of anonymity to discuss the general's schedule.

An article in this week's Rolling Stone magazine depicts McChrystal as a lone wolf on the outs with many important figures in the Obama administration and unable to persuade even some of his own soldiers that his strategy can win the war.

In the interview, McChrystal is described by an aide as "disappointed" in his first Oval Office meeting with President Barack Obama. The article says that although McChrystal voted for Obama, the two failed to connect from the start. Obama called McChrystal on the carpet last fall for speaking too bluntly about his desire for more troops.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iqhOEM11_2TpZDQin6IhUPZ0DdsQD9GGA15O0

I understand his frustration with the State Department, but McChrystal should resign. There's a chain of command that needs to be respected, and in my opinion, whether he was right or wrong in his criticism is not the point. A line was crossed that should never be crossed.

• Fire 1

No its quite different than any other job. Not many CEO's put thousands of young men in harms way daily.

Eh. Those young men volunteered. That said, if anything criticizing your superiors is even less tolerated in the military than civilian life. The general knows better.

No its quite different than any other job. Not many CEO's put thousands of young men in harms way daily.

Eh. Those young men volunteered. That said, if anything criticizing your superiors is even less tolerated in the military than civilian life. The general knows better.

Yea and your point is??? Make a point instead of just posting to hear yourself type.

Yea and your point is??? Make a point instead of just posting to hear yourself type.

Let me break it down for you:

1. No teary eyed posts about how glorious someone is for sending volunteers into battle.

2. Commanders in the military do NOT get away with criticizing/mocking superiors.

3. McChrystal knows this.

I count three points in there. Someone needs a hug.

• Fire 1

Let me break it down for you:

1. No teary eyed posts about how glorious someone is for sending volunteers into battle.

2. Commanders in the military do NOT get away with criticizing/mocking superiors.

3. McChrystal knows this.

I count three points in there. Someone needs a hug.

I thought you nailed it in the head! A young private would reap serious consequences if he did that to his/her superior, so it is no different with the General, he answers to the Commander.

edit: maybe a little off base by saying this, but it seems it has become more widely acceptable for high ranking officials to undermine this administration, and frankly I don't blame the President for not putting up with it and moving on.