WR Dorial Green-Beckham

Player: Dorial Green-Beckham

Hometown: Springfield, MO

School: Hillcrest HS

Position: WR

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 220

40 time: 4.43

Scholarships: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Iowa, LSU, Miami (FL), Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin

Rivals: :star:star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star:star

ESPN:

247: :star:star:star:star:star

Dorial was named the Max Preps National Athlete of the year, as a sophmore. He is the first non senior to win the award, he has heard from 50 plus schools, and is probably one of the top 10 in 2012.

6'6"- 17 years old

He's an OU lean from what I know, and his adoptive father/coach is a MU guy, but he does name Nebraska in a recent article.

http://www.ky3.com/n...l/96940049.html

"I still have Mizzou up there," Green adds. "Florida, Oklahoma, Arkansas, LSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, all of them are still open. Dorial can pick just about anybody he wants because the 6-foot, 5-inch receiver is considered the top recruit in the nation for 2012 after catching 23 touchdowns for over 1,600 yards in helping Hillcrest make a rare playoff berth. But Green also averaged 19 points and 8 rebounds as Missouri's Class 5 MVP in basketball, where he helped the Hornets to a state championship. And in track and field, Green won individual state titles in the 100-meter dash and triple jump.

430ce7e9-6990-df11-a5ba-001cc494dda6_original.jpg

727c5499-c58f-df11-a5ba-001cc494dda6_original.jpg

Visited Florida last week, has made trips to OU, Arkansas and MU also from what i've heard.

He has verbal offers currently from OU, MU, Arkansas, tOSU, Florida, UCLA and Nebraska.

He is targeting NSD 2012 to make his decision, so there's a long way to go.

His first offer came from Missouri State's (former KU coach) Terry Allen when he was in 8th grade.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to college in Springfield and grew up at Lake of the Ozarks. Went to Camdenton High School.

Hillcrest is not a football power and rarely has a decent team ... so this one was rather surprizing to read. Some very solid 5A schools in that area ... Ozark, Camdenton & Glendale to name a few.

SheepdogMark

I went to college in Springfield and grew up at Lake of the Ozarks. Went to Camdenton High School.

Hillcrest is not a football power and rarely has a decent team ... so this one was rather surprizing to read. Some very solid 5A schools in that area ... Ozark, Camdenton & Glendale to name a few.

SheepdogMark

• 2 weeks later...

He's actually only 16. And he also has offers from USC, Kansas, Wisconsin, Southern Miss, Iowa, and recently

received one from Notre Dame. I'm sure there's more, but these, plus the ones you mentioned, are for sure.

He is, and was 17 at the time of your post. He was born April 12, 1993.

An in depth article on Dorial Green-Beckham, his background and some info on his multi-sport talents.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/b_l_tIqZEd-lugAcxJTdpg/becoming-dorial-green-beckham.htm

"I started dunking in the seventh grade," he said. "I really didn't start playing football until my seventh grade year."

In the spring, Green took his talents to the track, where he posted a time of 22.21 seconds in the 200 meters, one of the fastest times in the country for his grade.

• 4 weeks later...

This kid will end up being the #1 recruit in the country.

Besides the football, he lead his BB team to a state championship (I watched that game, not knowing who he was and thought "Who's the man-boy in the middle getting every rebound and scoring at will?" and he's state 100 meter champ too.

And being adopted by his coach, hopefully he stays on the straight and narrow academically, too.

• 2 months later...

Dorial took over several career Missouri recieving records this week with his performance, and he's still only a junior. May very well end up being the best prospect to come out of Missouri in a long time

Most career yards

1. Dorial Green-Beckham, Hillcrest, 2008-10, 4,073
  2. Erick Roe, West Platte,2003-07, 4,057

Most career receiving TDs

1. Dorial Green-Beckham, Hillcrest, 2008-10, 51
  2. Erick Roe, West Platte, 2003-07, 49
  3. Eric Anderson, Cameron, , 2003-05, 49

Most receiving yards, single season

1. Dorial Green-Beckham, Hillcrest, 2010, 1,622
  2. Dorial Green-Beckham, Hillcrest, 2009, 1,616
  3. Dane Kolkmeyer, Joplin, 2008, 1,574

Receiving Yards Per Game (minimum 25 games)

1. Dorial Green-Beckham, Hillcrest, 2008-10, 123.4
  2. Eric Anderson, Cameron, 2003-05, 99.4

Here are what his career numbers look like through 33 games

Freshman (2008): 38 catches, 835 yards, 13 TDs

Sophomore (2009): 63 catches, 1,616 yads, 23 TDs

Junior (2010): 69 catches, 1,622 yards, 15 TDs

Total: 170 catches, 4,073 yards, 51 TDs

Dorial was named the Max Preps National Athlete of the year, as a sophmore. He is the first non senior to win the award, he has heard from 50 plus schools, and is probably one of the top 10 in 2012.

6'6"- 17 years old

He's an OU lean from what I know, and his adoptive father/coach is a MU guy, but he does name Nebraska in a recent article.

"I still have Mizzou up there," Green adds. "Florida, Oklahoma, Arkansas, LSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, all of them are still open. Dorial can pick just about anybody he wants because the 6-foot, 5-inch receiver is considered the top recruit in the nation for 2012 after catching 23 touchdowns for over 1,600 yards in helping Hillcrest make a rare playoff berth. But Green also averaged 19 points and 8 rebounds as Missouri's Class 5 MVP in basketball, where he helped the Hornets to a state championship. And in track and field, Green won individual state titles in the 100-meter dash and triple jump.

That's a high schooler?!?!?!?!

6'6"- 17 years old

That's a high schooler?!?!?!?!

That's called God-given talent. He is a physical specimen.

If we land this kid, I promise to never bitch about us failing to land big time WR recruits again. I'm happy with the guys we get, but they are clearly not on this dude's level.

In my mind, he'd be a bigger get than Julio Jones or A.J. Green or Kyle Prater or Markeith Ambles or Darius White or any other WR that comes to recent memory.