WR Dorial Green-Beckham

Mmm... I disagree... Aaron Green is a RB. We always have much larger chances of landing top RB's than we do top WR. You can't compare these 2 recruits. Like it or not, our team mostly runs and WR's like this guy want a Leo style offense where they can get the ball in their hands a lot. Nebraska won't get this guy cuz we can't show that we will get him the ball consistently and make him our go to.

Mmm... I disagree... Aaron Green is a RB. We always have much larger chances of landing top RB's than we do top WR. You can't compare these 2 recruits. Like it or not, our team mostly runs and WR's like this guy want a Leo style offense where they can get the ball in their hands a lot. Nebraska won't get this guy cuz we can't show that we will get him the ball consistently and make him our go to.

I disagree with that, Alabama runs the ball ALOT and they can pull Julio Jones and Marquis Maze type recievers. Then Oregon can pull kids like tacoi Sumler. It all depends on the relationship the coach has with said kid.

• Fire 1

Well, I compared AG to DG-B just by virtue of the fact that they're both big, big-time recruits. I wasn't really thinking deep enough about it to get into the intricacies our style of offense has on us recruiting different positions.

But, I think the argument that we are a running team is a rather young one. By that I mean it wouldn't have really been one that would've held any water until recently. Remember, in 2008 with Ganz, we passed for our big plays. That was our forte that year. Marlon was not on the same level Roy is this year, and neither was Q. And the offense we ran last year was not our true offense, that has been said many times. That was Bo reverting to don't make a mistake mode on offense, in hopes of not hurting the D's chances of winning us the game. Only this year have we TRIED to be a spread running attack and made it work. So I don't necessarily know why we can't recruit big time WR's. We still throw the ball when we need to, although we do try to run unless we need to pass. We're just not a Mike Leach-esque TT passing style team.

I see our offense as one that plays it's strengths. If the coaches want to continue using this style O, which it appears they do with our recruiting class, then they'll recruit accordingly. But I certainly don't think it'll preclude us from ever having a shot at this kid.

I disagree with that, Alabama runs the ball ALOT and they can pull Julio Jones and Marquis Maze type recievers. Then Oregon can pull kids like tacoi Sumler. It all depends on the relationship the coach has with said kid.

Bingo, hit it on the head aspeedlin. Ohio State is another one you could throw in this list.

• Fire 1

Bingo, hit it on the head aspeedlin. Ohio State is another one you could throw in this list.

Good catch! :thumbs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...