Date in history

What's the story here? What happened?

The story is nothing happened. Obama basically won the Nobel Prize just for the announcement that he would close the camp in one year. Close to a year and a half later it is still open. He set July 2011 as the date of withdraw of troops from Afghanistan, today he "clarified" this as the start to withdraw troops.

I am not upset with the above - things happen. But the media would be proclaiming "lies" if this was a Republican president. I feel sorry for him because the left and the media were proclaiming the second coming of Camelot, the economy was going to turn on a dime, every troop would be home for Christmas and nobody would be wearing deodorant because BO was going to be cured.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the story here? What happened?

The story is nothing happened. Obama basically won the Nobel Prize just for the announcement that he would close the camp in one year. Close to a year and a half later it is still open. He set July 2011 as the date of withdraw of troops from Afghanistan, today he "clarified" this as the start to withdraw troops.

I am not upset with the above - things happen. But the media would be proclaiming "lies" if this was a Republican president. I feel sorry for him because the left and the media were proclaiming the second coming of Camelot, the economy was going to turn on a dime, every troop would be home for Christmas and nobody would be wearing deodorant because BO was going to be cured.

funny how things work

This was the day that Guantanamo Bay retention facility closed.

Oops, no it didn't

How come no one in the media mentions this.

If it isn't in the DNC talking points memo or on Media Matters for the day then it's a non-issue.

This was the day that Guantanamo Bay retention facility closed.

Oops, no it didn't

How come no one in the media mentions this.

If it isn't in the DNC talking points memo or on Media Matters for the day then it's a non-issue.

Ha, tell that to Fox News! :facepalm: