SIGNED DE Greg McMullen

Nexus

thanks for starting the thread, I'll help you out... Has us in top 3, not number 1 currently, couldn't tell if that was just because he didn't want to name a leader or not. loves our coaches and had a great time at camp.

Thanks for the update. +1 :thumbs

2012 will be a great year to try and steal a DE out of Ohio. This Ohio class is absolutely stacked at the position. The buckeye boards are talking about 6 legitimate candidates for OSU offers...

Adolphis Washington – Cincinnati Taft

Chris Wormley – Toledo Whitmer

Greg McMullen – Akron Hoban

Tom Strobel – Mentor

LaTroy Lewis – Akron Hoban

Sevon Pittman – Canton McKinley

I've seen a couple evaluators saying they can't decide between Washington and Wormley as the #1 prospect for Ohio in the class. They along with McMullen are rumored to have verbal offers from OSU. There is no way OSU can take all six, so it will be interesting to see who leaves, and where they go.

2012 will be a great year to try and steal a DE out of Ohio. This Ohio class is absolutely stacked at the position. The buckeye boards are talking about 6 legitimate candidates for OSU offers...

Adolphis Washington – Cincinnati Taft

Chris Wormley – Toledo Whitmer

Greg McMullen – Akron Hoban

Tom Strobel – Mentor

LaTroy Lewis – Akron Hoban

Sevon Pittman – Canton McKinley

I've seen a couple evaluators saying they can't decide between Washington and Wormley as the #1 prospect for Ohio in the class. They along with McMullen are rumored to have verbal offers from OSU. There is no way OSU can take all six, so it will be interesting to see who leaves, and where they go.

Welcome to HuskerBoard! :thumbs

Thanks for sharing the info.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Planning on an unofficial for the Missouri game on Oct. 29th

Did make it in for the Zou game. The kid is freaking HUGE. If the staff can pull this one away from the Buckeyes, major props. I know next year is loaded for DL out of Ohio, but this kid probably one of the best and is usually harder than hell to pull away fr4om Columbus. He does like NU, put JP, Carl and Beck on him. Then let Bo tell him how it will be, bust your tail for him and Bo will bust his to make sure you come out a hell of a better player than you were to begin with. Could be an interesting prospect for next year.

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hearing on Buckeye sites that Nebraska will is currently OSU's biggest competition for McMullen...

The DE class in Ohio is flat out ridiculous. I gave you this rundown a while back, but there are further names that need to be added...

Adolphis Washington – Cincinnati Taft - OSU Offer

Chris Wormley – Toledo Whitmer - OSU Offer, will be an OSU - M*ch*gan battle

Greg McMullen – Akron Hoban - OSU Offer

Tom Strobel – Mentor - Offers from Notre Dame, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, Northwestern, Purdue, Cincinnati, and Pitt

LaTroy Lewis – Akron Hoban - OSU Offer

Sevon Pittman – Canton McKinley OSU Offer

New names that have popped up:

Ifeadi Odenigbo - Centerville - OSU Offer

Pharoah Brown - Lyndhurst Brush - offers from M*ch*gan, Arizona State, and Syracuse, could be recruited as a TE, I think he has said he prefers offense

Bryan Cox Jr. - Avon - offers from North Carolina and Kent State

OSU does not usually throw out a lot of scholarship offers and we don't have room for a big class, so those with an OSU offer are absolutely legit and I'm too lazy to look up who else they have offers from. I am actually a little surprised we have offered this many of these guys alraeady. I only expect us to have room for 4-5 DL and that is stretching a bit only because this is such a great class in Ohio. McMullen may be a high priority for OSU as he perhaps is most able to move down to DT.

Not sure if Nebraska will get in on any of these other guys, but with Pelini's Ohio ties, I would be surprised if he does not try.

• 2 weeks later...

Notre Lame has offered.

McMullen is also strongly considering Ohio State, Nebraska and plans on making trips to Oregon, USC and Alabama this summer to get a feel for Pac-10 and SEC football. He currently holds offers from Ohio State, Nebraska, Cincinnati, Michigan State and Purdue. Even with more offers assuredly on the way, McMullen doesn’t plan on keeping a lengthy list of schools under strong consideration.

“I’m trying to keep my list under six,” he said. “Hopefully by the beginning of my football season, I’ll have a good knowledge of my top three and by midway through hopefully my top two. Then by signing day have my number one school obviously.”

Notre Dame certainly put itself in a position to be the last school standing, but there’s still a long way to go.

Article